Unofficial Preview Round 1 2019 Western Bulldogs v Sydney Saturday March 23, 7.30pm at Marvel Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me this is our round 1 team

B: Aliir - Melican - Rampe
HB: McVeigh - Grundy - Lloyd
C: Dawson - Kennedy -Cunningham
HF: Papley - Franklin - Heeney
F: Parker - Reid - Hayward
Foll: Sinclair - Mills - Hewett
I/C: Blakey - Clarke - Thurlow - Ronke

Just realised I forgot Jones as well. There is no way he isn't going to be in the team.

To me this is our round 1 team

B: Aliir - Melican - Rampe
HB: McVeigh - Grundy - Lloyd
C: Dawson - Kennedy -Cunningham
HF: Papley - Franklin - Heeney
F: Parker - Reid - Hayward
Foll: Sinclair - Mills - Hewett
I/C: Blakey - Clarke - Thurlow - Ronke

Throw Menzel, Ollie and Jones into that mix and the depth is looking alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throw Menzel, Ollie and Jones into that mix and the depth is looking alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Especially if you add Fox, McCartin and COR who are all more than handy.

Of course in saying that I think our depth is good at the start of every year.

To me it is our midfield that really needs to step up. Last year we had

Kennedy/Parker/Hannebery/Jack/Heeney in that order

this year we have

Mills/Kennedy/Heeney/Parker/Clarke/Papley

Whether or not we are contenders will be decided in the midfield. Our midfield was beaten too easily and too often last year, so I hope Horse makes sure that Mills, Heeney and Clarke all spend a lot of time in the guts in 2019.

Whether or not we are contenders will be decided in the midfield. Our midfield was beaten too easily and too often last year, so I hope Horse makes sure that Mills, Heeney and Clarke all spend a lot of time in the guts in 2019.
Yep, I think you've nailed it here.
If Mills and Jones are as dynamic in the midfield as we hope they can be and Clarke carries today's form into the real thing, then I think our season is going to be far brighter than most people currently seem to think.it will be.

Reid has a sore belly

Should be right in 6-10

There was a food festival in Lismore on Saturday afternoon and night. A mate of mine said he saw Kennedy and McVeigh down there. I told him to make sure they stay away from the curry.

Perhaps Reid indulged? Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Reid needs a run in the 2s this week before r1

If his last name wasn’t Reid he would struggle to get selected on them 2 performances imo

Now that he can’t go back as much he will need to have more influence in the front half

I dunno, he plays one good game every month so he might be due for it by late March

We need to keep Melican as the Bulldogs have a tall forward line with Schache and Boyd. We need to make sure we have the defenders to cover them.

Also I know I have said it but I love the way Clarke goes about it. He has flaws but what he brings to the table is very much needed.

We need to keep Melican as the Bulldogs have a tall forward line with Schache and Boyd. We need to make sure we have the defenders to cover them.

Also I know I have said it but I love the way Clarke goes about it. He has flaws but what he brings to the table is very much needed.
Boyd is out for while but we will still play melican and Grundy I presume

Their 2 tall forwards today were Schache and Naughton with Sam Lloyd also a major target for them. I think we can cover the former 2 with Grundy and Melican and Rampe seems a suitable matchup for Lloyd.

don't_believe_his_lies_jpeg.jpg

Their 2 tall forwards today were Schache and Naughton with Sam Lloyd also a major target for them. I think we can cover the former 2 with Grundy and Melican and Rampe seems a suitable matchup for Lloyd.

The same Lloyd that kicked 3 goals 2 behinds vs Sydney round 8 2016 including the sealer after the siren? I presume Rampe was playing on him that day and struggled to contain him.

B: Mills - Grundy - Rampe
HB: Lloyd - Melican - McVeigh
C: Clarke - Kennedy - Florent
HF: Papley - Franklin - Dawson
F: Hayward - Reid - Ronke
R: Aliir - Parker - Heeney
INT: Hewett - Cunningham - Jones - Blakey

If Sinclair ready to go, Melican out for him.

EMG: Thurlow - Fox - O'Riordan - McInerney/Melican

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back