Unofficial Preview Round 1 2019 Western Bulldogs v Sydney Saturday March 23, 7.30pm at Marvel Stadium

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You serious or just your usual trolling ?

Jack's just getting back into full training. His games this year will be limited.

Club must have been taking the piss when they played him injured in 17 for half a dozen games then let him he’ll and straight back in with no form behind him

I myself never said I wanted him to play but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was picked in front of ronke

Is there a clash issue with the back of that guernsey?

Maybe we should wear the white strip to be sure...

White away Guernsey should definitely been worn. Which I am a fan of anyway. Think we should wear it at all away matches.

White away Guernsey should definitely been worn. Which I am a fan of anyway. Think we should wear it at all away matches.
It is being worn. Not should.

With the Thor jumper featuring a red 'cape' on the back, the Swans will wear their predominantly white strip to avoid a clash.“
-afl.com.au

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club must have been taking the piss when they played him injured in 17 for half a dozen games then let him he’ll and straight back in with no form behind him

I myself never said I wanted him to play but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was picked in front of ronke

LOL Punts I'm with you on this, if history is anything to go by they'll probably select Jack in round 1 regardless of whether he plays a practice match or not, they'll trot out the line about how he's a seasoned warrior and has had enough running under is belt etc. etc.

I don't think he'll tip Ronke out though

LOL Punts I'm with you on this, if history is anything to go by they'll probably select Jack in round 1 regardless of whether he plays a practice match or not, they'll trot out the line about how he's a seasoned warrior and has had enough running under is belt etc. etc.

I don't think he'll tip Ronke out though

Whether you think so or not, those devices in the back of a player's jumper determines whether a player is picked ahead of a more popular player among supporters or if their career is coming to an end, much the same way ROK's career fell away. They can't hide & although a player such as Jack & Macca deserve the chance to get fit, they won't be gifted games as you guys are suggesting.

Somehow though some supporters won't believe it.
If Kieren Jack's work rate is better than Ronke's for a sustained period of time & a decision needed to be made should Ronke drop below his levels, as a supporter of the Swans, I would trust the coaches to make the right call on who gets selected if fighting for the same spot.
Now Kizza may very well struggle to make the senior team again & it is for the above reasons why I would be comfortable if he never played a senior game again.

I've never been in the category of writing any player off until they are told by the club they are done.
Jack won't be any different to ROK. I'm not sure why people think he will be different.

Whether you think so or not, those devices in the back of a player's jumper determines whether a player is picked ahead of a more popular player among supporters or if their career is coming to an end, much the same way ROK's career fell away. They can't hide & although a player such as Jack & Macca deserve the chance to get fit, they won't be gifted games as you guys are suggesting.

Somehow though some supporters won't believe it.
If Kieren Jack's work rate is better than Ronke's for a sustained period of time & a decision needed to be made should Ronke drop below his levels, as a supporter of the Swans, I would trust the coaches to make the right call on who gets selected if fighting for the same spot.
Now Kizza may very well struggle to make the senior team again & it is for the above reasons why I would be comfortable if he never played a senior game again.

I've never been in the category of writing any player off until they are told by the club they are done.
Jack won't be any different to ROK. I'm not sure why people think he will be different.

Not really sure exactly what you're trying to say their Ted, but Kieran has had a gold pass in the seniors for the last couple of seasons irrespective of the quality of his football. He could be running a marathon during games for all I care but that isn't the criteria I'd be basing selection on, particularly if he isn't getting the football, and is handing it back to the opposition when he does.

In any event I'm not sure how you can measure the work rate for someone who isn't actually playing football. The point that Punts made is that he'll probably be selected Round 1 regardless on the back of "credits"

Horse has shown a number of times he's not afraid to keep out his veterans should he feel it's needed, or gets them to play in the NEAFL to prove fitness. He's kept in veterans for roles which we have no backup (key position players, distribution out of back flank) but I don't see Jack's role as one which cannot be replaced. I'd be pretty shocked if Jack walks in without any game time beforehand.

Not really sure exactly what you're trying to say their Ted, but Kieran has had a gold pass in the seniors for the last couple of seasons irrespective of the quality of his football. He could be running a marathon during games for all I care but that isn't the criteria I'd be basing selection on, particularly if he isn't getting the football, and is handing it back to the opposition when he does.

In any event I'm not sure how you can measure the work rate for someone who isn't actually playing football. The point that Punts made is that he'll probably be selected Round 1 regardless on the back of "credits"

My point is that the people that know best are the ones selecting our players, Kizza aside & I am always amused when a few on here think they know better than a group of blokes who have been well respected for years on end by their opponents throughout the whole competition, for the way they go about it. They look at his worth, not you & I. Not sure why people get worked up.
If it's all ok with you & Punts, I'd really like to back the club & leaders to pick Jack if they think he is doing what they expect from him. That means they believed he was the best person to run out alongside them for the last two years when we were blooding many younger & inexperienced players. Perhaps this year he may not play another senior game & career over but let's not pat ourselves on our backs because "we told you so". If you guys keep saying it long enough you'll eventually be right. Congratulations to all.

My point is that the people that know best are the ones selecting our players, Kizza aside & I am always amused when a few on here think they know better than a group of blokes who have been well respected for years on end by their opponents throughout the whole competition, for the way they go about it. They look at his worth, not you & I. Not sure why people get worked up.
If it's all ok with you & Punts, I'd really like to back the club & leaders to pick Jack if they think he is doing what they expect from him. That means they believed he was the best person to run out alongside them for the last two years when we were blooding many younger & inexperienced players. Perhaps this year he may not play another senior game & career over but let's not pat ourselves on our backs because "we told you so". If you guys keep saying it long enough you'll eventually

be right. Congratulations to all.
Why have you brought my name up

Ffs I never said anything other than I wouldn’t be surprised if he was selected

Why are you asking for my permission to back the club

Smartass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back