Autopsy Round 1 2020: 3 point win vs Adelaide @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Hewett back into the midfield & Reid in attack will result in less turnovers. Rowbottom has a huge ceiling but too many panic kicks makes me want him on the wing more than the centre until he's got more games under his belt
He caught early Tich disease - too many kicks thrown onto the boot and hoisted over his shoulder forward. Most times it was with enough time for him to scamper somewhere and find an outlet. If he can work with the inferred pressure soon his ceiling is Tich like IMHO. Just hope it doesn't take another 2 seasons. Got a feeling it won't. He's a (near) future G-U-N.

Froze up a bit in the last quarter but was very impressed with the side. Didn't get flustered in the first quarter after the Crows started strongly. Heeney very impressive obviously, but Naismith offered so much more than Sinclair has been in the ruck, great to have a legitimate ruck option in the side, straightens us up immensely. Thought Parker had a fantastic game as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk of closing the state borders,surely that would mean the end or just the 8 Melbourne based clubs keep going which would be a farce.

Closed to non-essential travel. Footy is essential.

I'm not really sure why so many appear to be down on Cunningham & Lloyd... I thought both did some nice things and made some errors. But that was pretty much two thirds of the team! Were young, first game in complete 'out there' circumstances!!! Cut our boys some slack!

I loved the game!

Unpopular, but I don't care! I reckon you can clearly see the work they (the coaches and players) have put into changing their playing style over the past 3-4 years coming into fruition. All those debutantes year after year, playing players out of position to give others a go, tagging, learning how to stop the oppositions flow by playing defensively all over the ground, and then attacking down the middle... it's great right now, but 2021 through 2025 is going to be sublime!

John Longmire is a brilliant coach!

He caught early Tich disease - too many kicks thrown onto the boot and hoisted over his shoulder forward. Most times it was with enough time for him to scamper somewhere and find an outlet. If he can work with the inferred pressure soon his ceiling is Tich like IMHO. Just hope it doesn't take another 2 seasons. Got a feeling it won't. He's a (near) future G-U-N.

Not uncommon for teenagers playing at centre bounces. Sam Walsh and Bailey Smith I rate as the two best mids from Rowbottom's draft year and they too just hack kick it out of the centre. It's a massive ask for guys so early in their career to adapt to the pace of playing against grown men. His body was up to the challenge - at times he brushed off guys like Sloane and Crouches, who are not exactly small, meagre types. I'd back his brain to meet the challenge in time. Some of his kicking as a first year player in 2019 was sublime.

Impressive win on the road. Good fightback.

Florent was massive. Rowbo and McCartin have stepped up a level. Loved Gray's efforts.

Made such a difference to have Naismith on the park. Even though Crow's ruck was pretty raw it's been a long time since we've dominated any team in the clearances like that - for once we didn't play the game in our back half.

I'm not really sure why so many appear to be down on Cunningham & Lloyd... I thought both did some nice things and made some errors. But that was pretty much two thirds of the team! Were young, first game in complete 'out there' circumstances!!! Cut our boys some slack!

I loved the game!

Unpopular, but I don't care! I reckon you can clearly see the work they (the coaches and players) have put into changing their playing style over the past 3-4 years coming into fruition. All those debutantes year after year, playing players out of position to give others a go, tagging, learning how to stop the oppositions flow by playing defensively all over the ground, and then attacking down the middle... it's great right now, but 2021 through 2025 is going to be sublime!

John Longmire is a brilliant coach!

Hardly unpopular most people think he is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back