Autopsy Round 1 2020: 3 point win vs Adelaide @ AO

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
COR, Cunningham, Taylor and Ronke did not have good games. Ronke's effort might've saved him

And Alir. He is an intercept mark but has no clue defending one on one and gets caught taking too much time too often lack of spatial awareness. I’m 62 and I could have got rid of that ball before getting caught

Hardly unpopular most people think he is
Lol! That's the second time you've made me laugh today! :):):) Cheers!

Maybe out in the wider footy community... Pretty sure most people on this board don't think that...

But I'm cool either way, cause I think it and I'm pretty happy that footy got under way, and with the way we played!

Talk of closing the state borders,surely that would mean the end or just the 8 Melbourne based clubs keep going which would be a farce.
Scomo is very uncommittal when it comes the the AFL and NRL and travel bans. I don’t think there will be a blanket ban because when you hear him speak he is leaving a little wriggle room like he just did.

Maybe out in the wider footy community... Pretty sure most people on this board don't think that...

But I'm cool either way, cause I think it and I'm pretty happy that footy got under way, and with the way we played!
I can watch our undefeated 2020 season on repeat!!!!

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
The problem for Sinclair is that he hasn't really been able to be used as a proper key forward ever since Naismith went down over 2 years ago. He has been forced to be a ruckman. I really do think Sinclair is a better key forward than ruckman and key forward is his natural position.
The club has had no choice but to burn Sinclair. Brought in as a forward/ruck he spent two seasons getting battered and is looking pretty cooked.
But let's please remember that he has given everything he had.

He was the all star coach don’t forget

undefeated this decade for a while to come it seems

Season done

Season review time then

to go undefeated without buddy playing a game and never getting a home game is outstanding

to have heeney finish equal first in the Brownlow with 8 others caps off a great year for him

Season review:

Despite early struggles, the Swans showed moments of real promise during the middle of the season. They were challenged very badly at the end, but came through with important results such as the win over Adelaide. A real positive was the lack of injuries throughout the year, although the fitness of Franklin and Reid was a major concern as neither managed a single game for the year.

A negative was the Swans failing to play finals for the 2nd year in a row. The Swans' mid-table finish will have them in a decent position in the draft.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Here's my take

Ronke didn’t snag any goals but his pressure was top notch. He will get there with that attitude. Hayward had very few possessions but every touch found its target and he kept the pressure up. He needs to back himself to demand the ball. McInerney had a real impact on limited game time as did Rowbum. Both impressed. Florent has continued his rise but needs to lower his eyes. He hurries his disposals. The spread of goal kickers was good. Kennedy/Parker/Rampe played captain’s games

Heeney was pure silk. The umpire appeared to be s**t scared of the Adelaide crowd. LLoyd’s run down tackle was legit. Footy’s weird without fans. Play taped fan noise ? Naismith was the best I’ve seen him. The newbies were generally good without standing out. The back six is raw but they’ll gel

Would love to see Dawson on a wing. He’s great at hitting up long targets. McCartin showed a nice pair of hands. Cunningham is slowly coming back to his best. Horse has changed the game style so much it will take time to click but the players are revelling in it. We lacked a real focal point forward, Too many kicks didn’t go deep enough. We need to penetrate deeper into the 50, mids need to get the ball to runners outside and hit up targets. Huge raps for the midfield dominance. It’s so good to have a genuine ruckman, our younger mids have really lifted and the old bulls are in full rampage mode. General effort all round was huge. Great to snag an away win in round 1, especially as this weird new world makes travelling harder.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
State borders closing ? Heck, we all know GWS were going to win the GF, but they still need someone to play and there's only The Swans in NSW. Luckily for the AFL we're really good at not winning GFs. We just need to clear out Sydney for a fanless parade down George St, play a 4 x 10 minute GF, lose gracefully and we can argue all very long off season about yet another one that got away.

Back