Prediction Round 1 2020- Fremantle vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly getting a bit of hope we might be able to avoid a player / staff member with player contact getting COVID for a while.

I reckon the thing that stops games is mandated lockdown, not player getting the virus
I think it would be some interesting quirk for a Collingwood player to test positive and bring it to a stop, just keeping in mind how many of their players self reported other test results to no result.

Or maybe the AFL will have a similar attitude towards COVID-19 tests as it does to the rest.

All these precautions but I see a vid of Walters touching the escalator hand guard with his bare hands, something as simple as that and touching your face soon after is all it takes for someone to get it, social distancing and charter flights aside.

Contrary to that other post, I've always thought he is a Freo supporter. At the very least, he is knowledgeable about Freo. Unlike most in the media.

AFL website has all their "expert" predictions for the season. They all have us bottom 4 (and a few wooden spoons), while Schmook has us 10th and his "big call" is Walters kicking 50+.

It could also be that he's a good journo who's spent a lot of time around the club.

When's the last time a Vic journo watched a Freo game?

Bolters. Colyer and Banfield obviously rewarded for their hard work.
Matera on the outer is interesting.

I think Matera had a interrupted preseason, hence why he got sent to Peel for Marsh 2.

Hopefully he comes good. He's a great goal-sneak when he's on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I am baffled that Bewley is named, also would rather have a really fresh Serong out there then Banfield. Anyway, looking forward to the game I’d say we are pretty evenly matched with the Dons. Loving the midfield look of Fyfe, Brayshaw and Tucker with hopefully Cerra in there at some time.

Last edited:
Don't mind that players that seemed to be disappearing but have now put in the big pre-season get the rewards.

Banfield, Schultz, Crowden and to a lesser extent Colyer look like different players this year in the small amount we have seen.

All these precautions but I see a vid of Walters touching the escalator hand guard with his bare hands, something as simple as that and touching your face soon after is all it takes for someone to get it, social distancing and charter flights aside.
Seriously why would someone ever touch the handrail on them? I would rather get unbalanced and fall off the bloody thing and that was before Covid20

Personally I am baffled that Bewley is named, also would rather have a really fresh Serong out there then Banfield. Anyway, looking forward to the game I’d say we are pretty evenly matched with the Dons. Loving the midfield look of Fyfe, Brayshaw and Tucker with hopefully Cerra in there at some time.
I’m not. Fresh new coach, second chances, not reputations. Banfield’s demeanour and confidence has changed positively under JLo this pre season, so has Schulz. Neither would’ve got another chance under Ross, unless injuries happened

will be interesting to see teams selected on position but also form. Might convince some to pull their finger out, and give others some hope and incentive to give it their all.

btw, isn't it Crowden out? ;)

I’m not. Fresh new coach, second chances, not reputations. Banfield’s demeanour and confidence has changed positively under JLo this pre season, so has Schulz. Neither would’ve got another chance under Ross, unless injuries happened
I see your point, probably being a bit harsh as I really don’t rate them.
will be interesting to see teams selected on position but also form. Might convince some to pull their finger out, and give others some hope and incentive to give it their all.

btw, isn't it Crowden out? ;)
59EF4D4C-93D7-4D28-B2C7-BD530F15CC49.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back