Autopsy Round 1, 2020: Hawks defeat the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Individuals made mistakes on Sunday, our kicking wasn't always great, the tall forwards missed some marks they could have/should have taken...

But structurally I thought we looked as good as we have for a few years. it's no surprise our small forwards had a field day with the talls crashing packs. Harris Andrews is a brilliant defender and I thought he did a great job for most of the match but he had no impact because Patton didn't allow him to.

Our team defence seems to have carried on from last year with guys knowing exactly where they need to be. This familiarity allows them to be more aggressive when attacking loose pills.

It was also noticeable how much they seem to enjoy playing together, hopefully a carry on from Clarkson's focus in that area late last year.

I had my reservations about the game before it started as I don't think any footy should have been played but it was so bloody enjoyable, such a shame we have to wait a few months to see them in action again but hopefully we'll have Impey and Dimma in for Hanrahan/Poppy and Morrison by then.

If it’s an opinion then just say IMO or I think or I believe?

Not that hard is it?
some people unfortunately don't understand the difference between an opinion and a prediction.

an opinion is a statement about yourself. I like cats better than dogs. I think Mitch Lewis is better than TOB. they cannot be wrong, you can't say it isn't true.

when people say something is going to happen, and it doesn't, that's not an opinion. thats called being totally wrong, it's saying something that is untrue . people who keep saying things that aren't true should and do lose all credibility with others

I’m not putting him down, get a grip.

You are absolutely full of it, last year I categorically stated Tim left me with egg on my face and I retraced much of what my opinion was. I in fact stated he had proven himself as a serviceable senior footballer.
Fair enough.

You say you "retracted much of what you said" and thats great, but after one game you blurt out the standard "When Lewis is fit TOB will get dropped for him"

You hammer the point everytime TOB has a quiet game, just do the same when Lewis has one.

Its not that hard.

PS............ If I am “full of it” then you are “overflowing with it”

Last edited:

Fair enough.

You say you "retracted much of what you said" and thats great, but after one game you blurt out the standard "When Lewis is fit TOB will get dropped for him"

You hammer the point everytime TOB has a quiet game, just do the same when Lewis has one.

Its not that hard.

PS............ If I am “full of it” then you are “overflowing with it”

I agree, I am "overflowing" lol.. Well played.

Ok so I dissected TOB's second effort at the 4th minute mark of the second qtr and it was not as good as his 2nd effort at the 23rd minute mark of the first qtr! Is fitness a problem for him!?
If you freeze frame both incidents you can see in frame 5 in the second quarter that his ankle rolls slightly out which clearly hampered his ability.

I've magnified it 500 times and I'm confident it was an imperfection in the ground. Clearly not his fault. Next question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essentially everything posted here is a opinion.

It's your opinion that those posts were posted as a fact. In the posters opinions Stratton was going to have 5 goals kicked on him.
I think forum is German for "Opinion" (IMO)

Injury List updated as of March 26th

Mitch Lewis – Ankle – test
Mathew Walker – Hip – 2 weeks
Jacob Koschitzke – AC joint - 2-3 weeks
Josh Morris – Knee – 4-5 weeks
Paul Puopolo – Jaw – 6 weeks
Dan Howe – Foot – 6-8 weeks
Blake Hardwick – Chest – 9-10 weeks
Jarman Impey – ACL – indefinite
Will Golds – Knee – season

Puopolo - Jaw, when did that happen? Don't recall seeing that on TV!
Yep, I remember it. There was vision of him feeling his jaw after a ground all contest. We were kicking to the right of screen in the second half and the ball was in the right forward pocket. It looked innocuous but I remember seeing a bump on his face and thought that shouldn't be there. He played on the champ.

Thought I’d just remind some of you mutha f***ers that we (the HFC) are 1-0. Chin up and realise that we are going to stay undefeated for over 10 weeks.

The only thing that would lighten the mood is if Rioli comes out of retirement. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back