Game Day Round 1, 2020: Hawthorn v Brisbane Lions, 22 March 2020, 3.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this game means nothing in the context of things but I’m really perplexed by our defensive and forward setups. We’ve talked all preseason about our forward structures and how we would fit all our talls - and yet we suddenly decide to play ONLY Patton & O’Brien. Every time we bomb it long Patton is deep against Adams and Andrews - how is that fair?

And then we decide to play Gunston in the backline when we already have Frost/Frawley/Sicily AND McEvoy. I would’ve thought we were already far too tall and vulnerable when the ball hit the ground without adding another 190cm+ player especially one capable of kicking 50+ goals.

Maybe Clarko is testing since this game means nothing.

Loving Frost & Wingard. Patton is also very handy with his second efforts. Not a high quality game but its great to see the boys out there and there have been some good passages.

Held on that quarter.

Would like cegs 2 do something in the ruck. Hes either non competitive or taps to Brisbane.

Would like worpel 2 turn up this year he's 2 practice matches were horrid as well.

Anyway like Liam Shiels, like Frost, like Chad, like gunna and can't complain about Pattons work ethic.

If afl is cancelled in the next minute would like Luke Darcy not 2 return 2 commentary ever again.

Cegs ok in the ruck but McEvoy a Total waste down back. Fwd line looked good in patches, the pressure was ok. Patton doing his job. Burgers looks dangerous. Midfield is ok but lacks a bit of pace and class. There is hope for the future.

FFS - Do you think Hamish could suck up to his brother morein his commentary -- yes we get it, the leadership of the AFL is good, no need lto carry on about it.
It's not a job interview Hamish.
Geez.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back