Game Day Round 1, 2020 - Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently the umpires in the games played have had a ‘hair trigger’ when it comes to defenders scragging forwards. Seems like one of those predetermined umpiring ‘crackdowns.’ This should be good for Charlie Cameron. I’m expecting Cam Rayner to have a big game today. This is going to be his season.

Apparently the umpires in the games played have had a ‘hair trigger’ when it comes to defenders scragging forwards. Seems like one of those predetermined umpiring ‘crackdowns.’ This should be good for Charlie Cameron. I’m expecting Cam Rayner to have a big game today. This is going to be his season.

I reckon tall forwards are getting the benefit of it so far. Hopefully Charlie doesn't get left out.

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
Agreed. A matter of time before Rayner takes a game apart. He should benefit with shorter Qtrs also you would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ready for our first game together...

377059aaeab3caad35dc395e13765969.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just my perception in the matches so far centre clearances seem more important. As above the umpires seem to have a hair trigger on the backs scragging the forwards and the quicker the ball gets down there and players are isolated the better look the umpires get. I think this helps us with a good midfield and fast forwards backman don't want to loose contact with. The game also seems a little faster, probably expected given it is squeezed up in time. I think this suits us also with the flexibility we haven the playing group and lack on injuries - yet. Todays equaliser will be if it rains and its a bit more wet footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back