Review Round 1, 2020 - Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Hawthorn?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does Zorko always start seasons so poorly? Has anyone ever found a reason for this?

Pathetic performance against a really average side. We had our chances but really stinked it up all day. We played below par and they played their grand final.

Besides all that, this season isn’t going to come back. The virus isn’t going away any time soon. 100% bookmark it, this season will be null and void and we’ll back for 2021.

Hipwood and Mcstay looked much better already.
Rayner showed some really good efforts sporadically.
Neale very inventive and looks to keep the ball instead of auto handing it off. He looks sublime.

We were 70% there, just the final hurdle we face planted over and over and over. While hawthorne were like a freaking gazelle sailing over it each time...

hope all the boys stay healthy and safe while it is off, and fingers crossed if it does come back this year they are ready to go!

stay safe everyone!

The virus isn’t going away any time soon.
If one of the treatments prove effective, dropping the expected isolation period from 14 days to, say, 3 or 4 would make a massive difference in both the spread of the virus (less contagious for longer) but also the feasibility of anything that requires travel, including the AFL.

well that’s the end of the final game at the MCG for several months, against Hawthorn, in front of the largest crowd of the year
Fourth game in a row where we've lost our biggest game of the year!

Well that sucked but honestly I just do not care at this point. Put so much effort into thinking about footy and it feels like a bit of a waste of time now.

Probably need a stint of not caring for awhile. See you all in the coronavirus thread until the footy is back I guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If one of the treatments prove effective, dropping the expected isolation period from 14 days to, say, 3 or 4 would make a massive difference in both the spread of the virus (less contagious for longer) but also the feasibility of anything that requires travel, including the AFL.
That’s the hopeful outcome. These treatments aren’t quickly manufactured.

I’d still put money on this season not coming back.

As a Victorian supporter I am tired of turning up to games and seeing completely insipid performances. I don’t know why I went to the trouble of catching the train in and spending my hard earned ... oh hang on. 😉

Doesn't look like it matters now Disgusting effort all pre season to play the way the opposition wants you too.Got big heads, blessing 8n disguise that season has stopped.
Oh by the way Rayner laughing with the opposition players after the game tells me where he's at with football.

Doesn't look like it matters now Disgusting effort all pre season to play the way the opposition wants you too.Got big heads, blessing 8n disguise that season has stopped.
Oh by the way Rayner laughing with the opposition players after the game tells me where he's at with football.

Yep let’s go back to the good old Leppa days when they hated playing footy.

At least after today we won’t have two months of bagging McStay. He had a good second half. Adams on the other hand ... 😫

Adams did a lot right, but fumbled like a guy who is underdone. Looks like he needed a few weeks of Gametime.

That’s the hopeful outcome. These treatments aren’t quickly manufactured.

I’d still put money on this season not coming back.

Yeah, not going to try and foresee the future of the season but re: the treatments, at least one uses very common and widely manufactured drugs so it could definitely be quickly manufactured.

Rayner is going to be bloody exciting! He showed a few things today that not many players can do! Will be a star for us! They had a hell of a lot go their way today. We ran over a lot of teams last year and with the shorter quarters we won’t be able to do that as much. I wasn’t too disheartened by today’s game! We are still exciting and when we all click, we will be heard to beat!

Pathetic performance against a really average side. We had our chances but really stinked it up all day. We played below par and they played their grand final.

Besides all that, this season isn’t going to come back. The virus isn’t going away any time soon. 100% bookmark it, this season will be null and void and we’ll back for 2021.

🧂🧂🧂

While we’re jumping the gun and overreacting based on one game in weird circumstances; anyone worried Berry might not end up the player we were hoping he would turn into?

While we’re jumping the gun and overreacting based on one game in weird circumstances; anyone worried Berry might not end up the player we were hoping he would turn into?

Depends on which quarter.

First quarter - he's a spud and should be delisted
Second quarter - this kid is a gun

Etc
Etc

A club that has been winning Premierships at an astonishing rate for over half a century, would hardly rate a 1st round Home and Away game as a Grand Final.

Take a deep breath and have a self isolated beer, and wash your hands.

Back