Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Thursday, March 19
Richmond v Carlton (MCG) (N)

Friday, March 20
Western Bulldogs v Collingwood (MRVL) (N)

Saturday, March 21
Essendon v Fremantle (MRVL)
Adelaide v Sydney (AO) (T)
Greater Western Sydney v Geelong (GS) (N)
Gold Coast v Port Adelaide (MS) (N)

Sunday, March 22
North Melbourne v St Kilda (MRVL)
Hawthorn v Brisbane Lions (MCG)
West Coast v Melbourne (OS) (T)

———————————————————————————

Well, we’re back for another year!!

Or are we??

Who knows for now. But, just incase, here we are...

I’m assuming Collingwood mustn’t have an away sponsored version of their home jumper this year as there is really no reason to wear white against the Dogs. Could be problematic if they play Geelong away. Surely they’ll be directed to wear their home jumper in that scenario.

Notwithstanding the fact that they probably also don’t have away sponsored black shorts, it would have been an excellent opportunity to wear the full classic kit last night.

I’m assuming Collingwood mustn’t have an away sponsored version of their home jumper this year as there is really no reason to wear white against the Dogs. Could be problematic if they play Geelong away. Surely they’ll be directed to wear their home jumper in that scenario.

Notwithstanding the fact that they probably also don’t have away sponsored black shorts, it would have been an excellent opportunity to wear the full classic kit last night.

We do :) I can see why we wore white though. I think whenever the number colours can contrast it makes for a better spectacle.

730886.jpg

I know that but the back sponsors weren't there in 1990. Use a bit of creative freedom, end the stripes under the sponsor and tell everyone that its a 1990 heritage jumper even though its not quite true to the original.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
At first I was unsure about the stripes continuing above the sponsor, however the more I see it the more I like it. It makes the rear sponsor more of a patch (like on the front of the jumper) instead being part of the design.

At first I was unsure about the stripes continuing above the sponsor, however the more I see it the more I like it. It makes the rear sponsor more of a patch (like on the front of the jumper) instead being part of the design.
Yeh fair call. I didnt watch the game I switched it on after Collingwood won and that was when I noticed but thats probably how it would have looked if they had a back sponsor in 1990.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do :) I can see why we wore white though. I think whenever the number colours can contrast it makes for a better spectacle.

730886.jpg

Oh! Well there you go. Will be interesting to see if the white is actually the first choice away now and the black is only reverted to in case of a clash.

Tonight was meant to be the night Port wore their prison bars...
Coronavirus was created by Eddie McGuire and Collingwood FC to stop the Power from wearing the prison bars, change my mind.

Coronavirus was created by Eddie McGuire and Collingwood FC to stop the Power from wearing the prison bars, change my mind.
Ohh so that's what Eddie was talking about in that club member email they sent out sometime in December...

With Virgin Australia looking likely not surviving, Carlton and GWS will need to find new sponsors

The AFL will too need to find a new airlines sponsor.

My bet is this will be the first of quite a few sponsors to pull.

Does anyone know if Essendon and Collingwood had ANZAC Day jumpers if the game was to be played this weekend? Maybe the clubs could still sell them online and provide funds to relevant charity/organisation.

Does anyone know if Essendon and Collingwood had ANZAC Day jumpers if the game was to be played this weekend? Maybe the clubs could still sell them online and provide funds to relevant charity/organisation.
That's what I was thinking too. I imagine they had the actual designs made up, not too sure about the jumpers themselves but I would be happy to buy one if the money was split 50/50 between the club and the RSL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back