Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Thursday, March 19
Richmond v Carlton (MCG) (N)

Friday, March 20
Western Bulldogs v Collingwood (MRVL) (N)

Saturday, March 21
Essendon v Fremantle (MRVL)
Adelaide v Sydney (AO) (T)
Greater Western Sydney v Geelong (GS) (N)
Gold Coast v Port Adelaide (MS) (N)

Sunday, March 22
North Melbourne v St Kilda (MRVL)
Hawthorn v Brisbane Lions (MCG)
West Coast v Melbourne (OS) (T)

———————————————————————————

Well, we’re back for another year!!

Or are we??

Who knows for now. But, just incase, here we are...

Mozzie_Squad

All Australian
Dec 13, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melb City, Storm, Stars
Not sure where I should put this ('jumpers that never were' thread maybe) but this is currently doing the rounds on FB.

Apparently the Lions 2020 ANZAC jumper - not sure if legit or not. Seems strange to have the words 'ANZAC DAY' printed on the front.

That being said that there's a video in the comments section of the Canterbury anzac jersey being made so could be the real deal for all I know.

No photo description available.

Hearing from a source who's connected with the club that Collingwood and Essendon will be wearing their ANZAC jumpers when they play later on in the year.
Quite unlikely, but if season is delayed enough maybe the matchup could be on Remembrance Day?

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hearing from a source who's connected with the club that Collingwood and Essendon will be wearing their ANZAC jumpers when they play later on in the year.
Quite unlikely, but if season is delayed enough maybe the matchup could be on Remembrance Day?

If they wear it on a day that isn't Remembrance Day then that is the biggest signifier yet that the commemorative guernseys are completely money-driven. I know I'm always cynical about Anzac guernseys in particular, but it doesn't sit well with me.

Not sure where I should put this ('jumpers that never were' thread maybe) but this is currently doing the rounds on FB.

Apparently the Lions 2020 ANZAC jumper - not sure if legit or not. Seems strange to have the words 'ANZAC DAY' printed on the front.

That being said that there's a video in the comments section of the Canterbury anzac jersey being made so could be the real deal for all I know.

No photo description available.

We were meant to be playing on ANZAC day this year

Lucev23

Josh Kennedy is My Dad
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Definitely changed a bit since I worked on it. I probably can't say a lot but there was an image on the back that was removed and a key element on the front was taken off, potentially due to a sponsor conflict. I wanted to keep it simply and throw back to a Fitzroy vibe, as well as paying tribute to the Fitzroy players lost in the war.

With these Anzac designs, there's usually a home and away version designed so that they can push the button when the fixture is released. I would have love to see how the away version turned out, perhaps it had some real Brisbane Bears vibes about it...

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Definitely changed a bit since I worked on it. I probably can't say a lot but there was an image on the back that was removed and a key element on the front was taken off, potentially due to a sponsor conflict.

Don't reply if the key element was the FFC monogram ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 30, 2008
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond have said they will wear it whenever the dreamtime game is played. It's one of the only marquee games not tied to a date so they can play it whenever they like really.

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
For those interested, here is the guernsey
View attachment 878143

Interesting to see the design continue onto the collar. Makes me wonder of Puma's jumpers even have a separate strip of fabric around the neck or they just stitch it to look like it's separate.

It's great to see the yellow cuffs have returned, they look a lot better than black.
The artwork going around the Dreamtime logo looks great too.

Mar 18, 2008
Goulburn Valley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Texas Longhorns
Interesting to see the design continue onto the collar. Makes me wonder of Puma's jumpers even have a separate strip of fabric around the neck or they just stitch it to look like it's separate.
It's stitched to make it look separate but it's all one piece of fabric. It's the same on the Vic SoO guernsey I have, perhaps the player issues have reinforcement to prevent ripping.

Back