Prediction ROUND 1 2020 - Pick your best team

Remove this Banner Ad

Post pre season performances, this is the way I think the side will likely go in for Round 1 vs the swans.

FB: Brown - Talia - Kelly
HB: Laird - McAsey - Milera
C: Sloane - BCrouch - Seedsman
HF: Lynch - Walker - Murphy
FF: Davis - Fogarty - Stengle
FOLL: ROB - MCrouch - Smith

INT: Crocker - Jones - Hamill - Atkins

I just can't get Gibbs in. In all likelihood he will take the place of Hamill, but I really hope he doesn't. His so called ELITE kicking skills have been nothing short of awful for the past 15months, and he did nothing in the preseason to make me think otherwise.

Fox Sports released a predicted round 1 team for each club and came up with this for the Crows...

B: Luke Brown, Daniel Talia, Jake Kelly

HB: Rory Laird, Fischer McAsey, Wayne Milera

C: Paul Seedsman, Rory Sloane, Brodie Smith

HF: Tom Lynch, Taylor Walker, Chayce Jones

F: Lachlan Murphy, Darcy Fogarty, Elliot Himmelberg

FOLL: Reilly O’Brien, Brad Crouch, Matt Crouch

I/C: Bryce Gibbs, Jordan Gallucci, Rory Atkins, Tyson Stengle

How have they put Gallucci in the team?? Makes no sense to me at all considering the recent talk about how he hasn’t been up to standard. And then he got injured 🙄

Fox Sports released a predicted round 1 team for each club and came up with this for the Crows...

B: Luke Brown, Daniel Talia, Jake Kelly

HB: Rory Laird, Fischer McAsey, Wayne Milera

C: Paul Seedsman, Rory Sloane, Brodie Smith

HF: Tom Lynch, Taylor Walker, Chayce Jones

F: Lachlan Murphy, Darcy Fogarty, Elliot Himmelberg

FOLL: Reilly O’Brien, Brad Crouch, Matt Crouch

I/C: Bryce Gibbs, Jordan Gallucci, Rory Atkins, Tyson Stengle

How have they put Gallucci in the team?? Makes no sense to me at all considering the recent talk about how he hasn’t been up to standard. And then he got injured
Apart from Gooch and positions they probably have it right.

Personally Id Have Davis in for Murphy and Crocker with Goochs spot.

Do you lads see Tex as your back up ruck this season?

Also who do you all think will be your leading goal kicker this season?

I'd say Fogarty, Tex or Stengle for most goals but it wont be many I dont think

Not sure about the ruck situation. Probably more of an experimental thing and see what works 'best'

Worst case from 22 that played Friday;

Out: Stengle for EH or Frampton - structural
Out: Jones or Davis for Mackay going to half back with Milera going forward

This is what I’m preparing for so that anything else will be taken well in my stride.
Why the heck are we going to drop Stengle? He would be our 1st choice small forward.

Lol, Mackay isn't coming in for Jones or Davis either.

We're you sober when you posted this? ;)

Expect some games Tex will be back up ruck & others where opposition have 2 genuine ruckman (like yours), we will also play Frampton/Himmelberg.

Imo, Fogarty, Stengle & Lynch to be our leading 3 goal kickers.

Round 1

Brown Talia Kelly
Laird McAsey Milera
Seedsman Sloane Smith
Crocker Walker Davis
Lynch Fogerty Stengle

O’Brien B Crouch Jones

I: M Crouch Atkins Hamill Himmelberg/Frampton

To come in as soon as ready
Doedee McHenry

Not to be selected under any circumstances:McKay Gibbs Hartigan Wilson
Its not that I hate these guys, as many on these boards do, but their time has come and they need to make way for others. Atkins might be on this list soon also if he starts slowly.

Leading goal kicker will likely be Darcy Fogarty. No idea who will be backup ruck but Himmelberg and Frampton have shown nothing so far to be enthused about.

Team with a week to go:

Team they should play: (A)
FB: Brown Talia Laird
HB: Milera Doedee(if fit)/Butts Hamill
C: Seedsman BCrouch Sloane
HF: Walker Fogarty Davis
F: Stengle McAsey Mcadam
R: ROB MCrouch Smith
I: Jones Schoenberg Atkins Crocker

Team that Nicks will likely play: (B)
Brown Talia McAsey
Laird Hartigan Gibbs
Seedsman BCrouch Milera
Lynch Walker Sloane
Stengle Fogarty Himmelberg
ROB MCrouch Smith
Davis Atkins/Jones Murphy/Crocker Kelly

I feel by week 7 when finals are out of question Nicks will be playing the team A. Just wish he would play it from round 1. I hope to be surprised.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the heck are we going to drop Stengle? He would be our 1st choice small forward.

Lol, Mackay isn't coming in for Jones or Davis either.

We're you sober when you posted this? ;)

Of course I was, one G&T when missus arrived home while walking the hounds. It’s a worst case scenario. Elite Crow posted that his take on Nicks’ presser was that they’ll probably be bringing in one of the 2nd rucks. If that happens, which is plausible, someone’s gotta go, so my worst case scenario is Stengle, who I thought was really good, but we play Murphy for experience. Obviously, I’d hope it would be Murphy of the smalls, structurally I’d prefer Lynch. Vader still thinks Mackay a chance despite missing last week, extension if that happens is that he needs to play back. Worst case is Gibbs remains and Milera shunted forward, as he has been for Mackay in the past, and now we’re looking at Davis or Jones that would make way.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

My money would be on;

Davis out for EH/Frampton for structural reasons only. What concerns me about Nicks from that game is that he locked himself into a 22. What was the harm of running a couple more through, how many other coaches only went with 22 last weekend? It’s a little bit Pykesque, start building continuity credits early.

Our back up ruck is this inanimate carbon rod.

Leading goalkicker probably Fogarty or Stengle but, whoever it is, they won't be anywhere near top 10 in the Coleman. Probably not top 20.

Leading goal kicker will likely be Darcy Fogarty. No idea who will be backup ruck but Himmelberg and Frampton have shown nothing so far to be enthused about.
Leading goal kicker: Fog
Most shots on goal: Stengle

I think people will be shocked at how many scores Stengle will be a part of. That guy is extremely good forward craft (but looks like he sometimes lets himself down with conversion). And I have to say his game on the weekend highlighted a turn of pace I didn't know he had and surprisingly sharp ballskills!

Leading goal kicker: Fog
Most shots on goal: Stengle

I think people will be shocked at how many scores Stengle will be a part of. That guy is extremely good forward craft (but looks like he sometimes lets himself down with conversion). And I have to say his game on the weekend highlighted a turn of pace I didn't know he had and surprisingly sharp ballskills!

According to Richmond fans hes not fast but very elusive.

Yeah I always new he was really good in tight spaces, but a couple times I saw him arch his back to get around a corner and was surprised to see him make it without getting touched. I liked it!

Something the rest of our squad distinctly lacks, the ability to beat a player one on one, forcing another defender to commit.

Has anyone looked into the type of team Sydney is going to send over?

the match ups for Heeney, Parker, Kennedy, Papley, Reid, Blakey etc

For so long the club has been all about itself, our game plan will work and we'll back it in against the oppo maybe it is time we actually prepare for who we're facing and what their strengths and weaknesses are and exploit those.

Has anyone looked into the type of team Sydney is going to send over?

the match ups for Heeney, Parker, Kennedy, Papley, Reid, Blakey etc

For so long the club has been all about itself, our game plan will work and we'll back it in against the oppo maybe it is time we actually prepare for who we're facing and what their strengths and weaknesses are and exploit those.
I think Sydney might have an equally poor season to us this year. Their KPF are the problem for me. With no buddy, they look to have Naismith and McCartin as their key forwards.

Even with Blakey developing that looks to be a forward line missing a target!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back