Prediction ROUND 1 2020 - Pick your best team

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest Effort - Knight. McHenry Injured all the others available. Doedee straight in I think.
AFL
F Frampton Walker Stengle
HF Sloane Fogarty Crocker
C Seedsman Smith Jones
HB Laird Talia Hamill
B Doedee Macasey Brown
Ruck O'Brien Crouch Crouch
Inter Mcadam Lynch Milera Davis

SANFL Trial
F Wright HBerg Murphy
HF Keays Gallucci
C Atkins Wilson Mackay
HB Sholl Hartigan Gibbs
B Worrell Butts Kelly
Ruck Strachan Poholke Schoenberg
Inter McPherson, O'Connor Gollant

Plus top ups

Last edited:
Has anyone looked into the type of team Sydney is going to send over?

the match ups for Heeney, Parker, Kennedy, Papley, Reid, Blakey etc

For so long the club has been all about itself, our game plan will work and we'll back it in against the oppo maybe it is time we actually prepare for who we're facing and what their strengths and weaknesses are and exploit those.

Thats a long bow to assume they didnt prep for oppositions because we wanted to dictate the game style.
Those two things are a long way from mutually exclusive.

I think Sydney might have an equally poor season to us this year. Their KPF are the problem for me. With no buddy, they look to have Naismith and McCartin as their key forwards.

Even with Blakey developing that looks to be a forward line missing a target!
Reid & McCartin are OK... but not as dangerous as Buddy

Reid & McCartin are OK... but not as dangerous as Buddy
Sam Reid is an enigma to me. He has looked like he was on the verge so many times but never taken the next step. And that's largely whilst playing on great Swans teams.

It will be interesting to see how he goes on non finals caliber Swans teams now!

Latest Effort - Knight. McHenry Injured all the others available. Doedee straight in I think.
AFL
F Frampton Walker Stengle
HF Sloane Fogarty Crocker
C Seedsman Smith Jones
HB Laird Talia Hamill
B Doedee Macasey Brown
Ruck O'Brien Crouch Crouch
Inter Mcadam Lynch Milera Davis

SANFL Trial
F Wright HBerg
HF Keays Gallucci
C Atkins Wilson Mackay
HB Sholl Hartigan Gibbs
B Worrell Butts Kelly
Ruck Strachan Poholke Schoenberg
Inter McPherson, O'Connor Gollant Taylor

Plus top ups
Updated with new Rookie.

Leading goal kicker will likely be Darcy Fogarty. No idea who will be backup ruck but Himmelberg and Frampton have shown nothing so far to be enthused about.
Is the berg really that far away? From what I can remember it was him and betts that killed us last year when we had all the momentum in the world in a must win game for us

Why would the Club Recruit Crocker,Keayes,Frampton, i think you will find they will filter them through the Season
If the club won't play a back up R/man,and use Walker for that position Well he must start on the Bench
So McAsey to C/H/F, which means Hartigan to play C/H/B the side could look like this
Brown-Tallia-Kelly
Laird-Hartigan-Milera
Sloane-Bcrouch-Seedsman
Obrien-Smith-Mcrouch
Lynch-McAsey-Davis
Stengle-Fogarty-Crocker
Walker,Atkins,Poholke,Hamill
I feel Jones hasn't had the opportunities they should have played him in the Middle. Every trail game and rotated all Midfielders around him .They have to see if he has it
If they play a extra tall in Frampton then Walker to C/H/F,,,,McAsey to C/H/B
Hartigan out

Why would the Club Recruit Crocker,Keayes,Frampton, i think you will find they will filter them through the Season
If the club won't play a back up R/man,and use Walker for that position Well he must start on the Bench
So McAsey to C/H/F, which means Hartigan to play C/H/B the side could look like this
Brown-Tallia-Kelly
Laird-Hartigan-Milera
Sloane-Bcrouch-Seedsman
Obrien-Smith-Mcrouch
Lynch-McAsey-Davis
Stengle-Fogarty-Crocker
Walker,Atkins,Poholke,Hamill
I feel Jones hasn't had the opportunities they should have played him in the Middle. Every trail game and rotated all Midfielders around him .They have to see if he has it
If they play a extra tall in Frampton then Walker to C/H/F,,,,McAsey to C/H/B
Hartigan out

You do not need to have your backup ruck start on the bench.

That premise is totally wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but Rowie thinks Hartigan is set to play R1. Says Fisch is playing forward. Big call.
Like it a lot. He almost clunked a couple last week up forward. Judgement in the air was far superior than those around him.

Nah let’s not dick around with him as a defender - get him straight up forward.

Like it a lot. He almost clunked a couple last week up forward. Judgement in the air was far superior than those around him.

I wonder if he’s trained there this preseason?

Do we really have room for Fog, Tex, Lynch & McAsey up forward?

I prefer we play McAsey mainly in defence but pinch him forward when the game dictates.

Is the berg really that far away? From what I can remember it was him and betts that killed us last year when we had all the momentum in the world in a must win game for us
The best berg is at gws. Ours just hasn't come on unfortunately.

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but Rowie thinks Hartigan is set to play R1. Says Fisch is playing forward. Big call.
So we bring in another slow minded defender with poor skill execution .
Can't wait to see how many goals come directly from our short kicking game in the back half .

He has to play up forward. We have been destroyed in the air since Gov left. It's a no brainer.

He has to play up forward. We have been destroyed in the air since Gov left. It's a no brainer.
Why don't we play 5 marking targets up forward... as then we can still bomb it on Murphy's head ;)

Do we really have room for Fog, Tex, Lynch & McAsey up forward?

I prefer we play McAsey mainly in defence but pinch him forward when the game dictates.
Fair enough.

Im all in for McAsey up forward, rebuild the side around he and Fog. Agree though to the extent he will need to be rotated through there initially.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back