Prediction ROUND 1 2020 - Pick your best team

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant , it is going to be so exciting to see an empty stadium and hear the commentators overdo the call with no other noise than the umpires yapping and blowing .
Considering footy is often better to watch on mute anyway, due to the commentators, it might even improve the experience.

Considering footy is often better to watch on mute anyway, due to the commentators, it might even improve the experience.
Watched some sport over the weekend without crowds. Tbh I didn't mind it. Still got engrossed in the contest. Some even may prefer it.

Very likely he will play
Agreed but Nicks will be quick to put him back in the two's where he will stay unless we have a situation where he is desperately needed. I think Gibbs has the skills, the know how and the experience but unless he can get his hands on the ball and show off his skills I reckon by rd3 he will be gone.

Gibbs and McKay will be used if injuries force our hand.

What do people think the chances are of Bryce Gibbs retaining a spot in the best 22 after such an awful preseason?

Unfortunately my lingering conservative selection committee paranoia tells me its probably 50/50. But if it were up to me, it would be 0/100. With the Zero being 'He will play'!

There’s no way he stays in for long, media pressure should help

Whilst I don‘t expect Round One to be played this week, there is a good argument to play more KIDS if it goes ahead. Most first game players tend to be influenced by the crowd, this will not be a factor this week.

In - McAsey, Hamill, Sholl, Davis, McAdam, Shoenberg .......... :)

If shorter games are a thing, then the requirement for a second ruck in the team drops significantly.

EH and Frampton may just have secured the whole year off

It's on so here is my 5 cents:

Fogarty. Walker. Murphy
Lynch. Himmelberg. Gibbs
Seedsman. B. Couch Smith
Milera. McAsey. Brown
Kelly. Tahlia . Laird
O' Brien. M. Crouch. Sloane
INT. Jones. Stengle Crocker Atkins
INJ. Doedee. Knight

Crows by 27 pts

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prediction for GC trial game:

Laird Talia Brown
Milera McAsey Gibbs
Seed M Crouch Smith
ROB Brouch Poholke
Lynch Tex Crocker
Stengle Fog Murphy

INT Kelly (defense rotation) Atkins (mid rotation) Sloane (mid / forward rotation) Jones (mid / forward rotation)

Where Jones is could be Hartigan / Berg / Frampton if they want another tall or Davis / McAdam if they want a mid sizer, probably Davis.
Not too far off the round 1 team. Had Poholke and Crocker in whereas shoulda been Frampton and Davis. Frampton better play decent this game. He was ok against Melb, but very meh against Port.

We'll that's it, rule the line through Ben Keays, Lethal has spoken.

Me I'm going with Hamish Ogilvie and his crew's judgement over someone that's likely seen little of the lad's AFL games and none of last year's NEAFL games. I'd think Haggis rated Keays as a junior and has tracked him ever since and jumped at the chance to pick him up cheaply.

It's also pretty obvious Hamish wasn't the only one that saw red flags with Taheny judging by his final draft position. Too many recruiters passed him over given his talent base for there not to be issues whatever they maybe.
3 years on and the same apologist attitude continues today.
Did you see Keays kicking last night?
Worst than woeful and you continue to blindly back in Hamish.

This isnt not rocket science or hindsight. It's
Logical deduction of skills and talent and major flaws.

You should go back and read this thread because for 3 years you have gotten it horribly wrong when comes to Hamish and Mids.

We recruit try hards with major defiencies and flaws and one only has to reread and relisten to the comments after the 2018 draft to realise how wrong and poor Hamish has been and should be shown the door.

Surely anyone who was predicting prior to 2020 that Keays would be a good player for Adelaide has been proven correct. On target for his third straight top 5 B&F finish for the club. Given that he was a DFA seems like a very good pickup, even if you don't rate him because he's not a clean kick or whatever.

Surely anyone who was predicting prior to 2020 that Keays would be a good player for Adelaide has been proven correct. On target for his third straight top 5 B&F finish for the club. Given that he was a DFA seems like a very good pickup, even if you don't rate him because he's not a clean kick or whatever.
It actually says more about the state of our list and how poor it is and especially our midfield and how poor our drafting, recruiting, development and list management have been.
When your midfield is fled with rookie picks and your 1st rounders selected to play there are busts

It actually says more about the state of our list and how poor it is and especially our midfield and how poor our drafting, recruiting, development and list management have been.
When your midfield is fled with rookie picks and your 1st rounders selected to play there are busts

Not even that. All it says is we decided to nuke the joint at the end of 2019.

Sure I guess, but Keays has been a shining light in an extremely poor team, especially in 2021 and the first half of 2022. He was undeniably a good pickup for the club under the circumstances, and became a better pick in retrospect when we cleaned out most of our remaining senior players over the next couple of years after he arrived.

It might be that the club has outgrown him a bit now that we have young midfielders coming through who are holding their own, but that doesn't reflect poorly on the fact that we selected him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back