Prediction ROUND 1 2020 - Pick your best team

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s a good side, Lyons ain’t a winger though and do you have Jenkins ahead of Tex because he’s the better man:p

Every circus has a donkey that is one trick pony. When that ass gets old, it's got nothing of use anymore. Phil Davis would be captain of that side, Jenkins offers versatility. He also makes it impossible for anyone to not roll a dice on one of the other bigger forwards. They have to play tight on him.

There is just nothing walker offers that side.

That spot on the wing, very difficult to fill, however lyons stinking it up in a top 3 side.

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
I just want our round 1 team to have in the 22:
Fogarty
Mchenry
Jones
Butts
Scholl
Stengle
pick 4

I just want our round 1 team to have in the 22:
Fogarty
Mchenry
Jones
Butts
Scholl
Stengle
pick 4

You're gonna love watching our SANFL side then.

Pilchard_Adams

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’d like to see any player not likely to be part of our next flag on the market.

Otten, Douglas, Mackay delisted this year

Jacobs, Lynch, Jenkins, Greenwood, keath, Atkins, Hartigan and Gibbs traded this year for picks or future picks

Betts to retire into a development role

Sloane to play on, tex plays one more year. Got a feeling talia may play 2
More years.

Try and load up on picks under 40. 5 picks under 40 for 3 years straight.

not even going to name a team, just know I want it to be young, fresh, new players and new game plans.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
From other thread.

Round 1 next year lineup I would like to see

FB: Brown - Talia - Laird
HB: Smith - Hartigan - Doedee - (Kelly)
C: Milera - MCrouch - Seedsman
HF: Lynch - Himmelberg - Gallucci - (recruit)
FF: McAdam - Fogarty - recruit
R: ROB - Sloane - BCrouch - Jones - (CEY)

We should spend both second rounders on quick strong pressure forwards. Players like Rioli Ryan JCameron Daniels Ian Hill etc. We will not stand a chance against good teams without that forward pressure and it’s not coming from Eddie Murphy and Knight.

Tom Lynch has been woeful in 3 of the last 4 weeks. I thought it was just Tex and JJ that were cooked but I'm thinking Lynch is cooked as well. So the 2017 forward line should be completely gone. If he has a flying pre-season then I'll retract that.

Updated. Now with player ages as at same time next season.

FB: Brown (27) - Talia (28) - Laird (26)
HB: Smith (28) - Hartigan (28) - Doedee (23) - (Kelly 25)
C: Milera (22) - MCrouch (25) - Seedsman (28)
HF: McHenry (20) - Himmelberg (22) - Gallucci (22) - (recruit 19)
FF: McAdam (25) - Fogarty (20) - recruit (19)
R: ROB (24) - Sloane (30) - BCrouch (26) - Jones (20) - (CEY 27)

Get rid of all of:
- JJ (31) - zero value and will have to pay some of his salary
- Lynch (29) - zero value and will have to pay some of his salary
- Betts (33) - zero value
- Gibbs (31) - zero value and will have to pay some of his salary
- Jacobs (32) - retire
- Walker (30) - retire
- Douglas (33) - retire
- Keath (28) - might get pick 25 for him
- Greenwood (28) - might get pick 35 for him
- Atkins (26) - might get pick 25 for him
- Knight (25) - zero value

All are too slow and we are treading water with them in the team. Must get them off our list otherwise the temptation will be there to pick them.

Funnily enough I'd be completely fine with Otten and Mackay sticking around for another year. Role players who we can use in an emergency.

Next update will be after season ends and multiple talented young players have demanded trades and the old /mediocre guys above have been re-contracted.

Comeonden

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Brown talia francis
Laird doedee milera
Jones Sloane smith
Mchenry Tex luko
Stengle FOG serong

ROB CEY B.crouch

Himmleberg seedsman butts gallucci

Matt crouch and Gibbs for lucko
Lynch to Essendon for Francis
Serong pick 4
Keath pick 20
Greenwood pick 30
Jenkins pick 40 -50
Atkins pick 30-40

Player team's might trade a late pick for
Jacob's
Knight
Betts

Delist
Hunter
Otten
Douglas

Senior depth
Kelly if he wants to stay
Hartigan
McKay

Juniours
Mcpherson
Davis
Scholl
Poholke
2020 draft picks

From other thread.

Tom Lynch has been woeful in 3 of the last 4 weeks. I thought it was just Tex and JJ that were cooked but I'm thinking Lynch is cooked as well. So the 2017 forward line should be completely gone. If he has a flying pre-season then I'll retract that.

Updated. Now with player ages as at same time next season.

FB: Brown (27) - Talia (28) - Laird (26)
HB: Smith (28) - Hartigan (28) - Doedee (23) - (Kelly 25)
C: Milera (22) - MCrouch (25) - Seedsman (28)
HF: McHenry (20) - Himmelberg (22) - Gallucci (22) - (recruit 19)
FF: McAdam (25) - Fogarty (20) - recruit (19)
R: ROB (24) - Sloane (30) - BCrouch (26) - Jones (20) - (CEY 27)

Get rid of all of:
- JJ (31) - zero value and will have to pay some of his salary
- Lynch (29) - zero value and will have to pay some of his salary
- Betts (33) - zero value
- Gibbs (31) - zero value and will have to pay some of his salary
- Jacobs (32) - retire
- Walker (30) - retire
- Douglas (33) - retire
- Keath (28) - might get pick 25 for him
- Greenwood (28) - might get pick 35 for him
- Atkins (26) - might get pick 25 for him
- Knight (25) - zero value

All are too slow and we are treading water with them in the team. Must get them off our list otherwise the temptation will be there to pick them.

Funnily enough I'd be completely fine with Otten and Mackay sticking around for another year. Role players who we can use in an emergency.

Next update will be after season ends and multiple talented young players have demanded trades and the old /mediocre guys above have been re-contracted.
Why get rid of Keath & keep Hartigan?

If we have learnt 1 thing this year, we should not be relying on a midfield of the Crouch brothers & Sloane.

Otherwise I like your thinking.

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
F: McAdam ~ Fogarty ~ Stengle
HF: Sloane ~ Walker ~ Lynch
C: Sloane ~ B Crouch ~ Jones
HB: Laird ~ Butts ~ Smith
FB: Brown ~ Talia ~ Doedee
Ruck: O’Brien ~ M Crouch ~ Milera

Interchange: McHenry ~ Gallucci ~ Himmelberg ~ Hamill

I’m assuming Keath, Greenwood and Kelly will ask fir a trade
Jenkins, Gibbs, Atkins, Betts, MacKay, Douglas and Jacobs will be traded or delisted and was not considered for selection.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Why get rid of Keath & keep Hartigan?

If we have learnt 1 thing this year, we should not be relying on a midfield of the Crouch brothers & Sloane.

Otherwise I like your thinking.
Because Keath is out of contract. If he was in contract and Hartigan out of contract then I would suggest the other way around. Hartigan should be moved on when RFA after 2020, as a defender who relies on his athleticism the end will come soon.

A midfield of the Crouch brothers & Sloane was fine in 2017 when they had great complimentary pieces around them. We were a forward half pressure and intercept team and a very good one. However they look slow when we surround them with other slow players like Gibbs and Douglas. We just need to put the correct pieces around them.

B: Brown, Talia, Doedee
HB: Smith, Keath, Milera
C: Seedsman, Mrouch, Jones
HF: Lynch, Fogarty, Sloane
F: Betts, Walker, McAdam
R: O'Brien, Brouch, Gallucci
I: Laird, CEY/Gibbs, McHenry, Himmelberg
Imo, Lynch should go too for the rebuild & have serious doubts that Gibbs will get back to his best.

HF: Lukosius, Fogarty, Sloane
I: Laird, CEY, McHenry, Himmelberg

Because Keath is out of contract. If he was in contract and Hartigan out of contract then I would suggest the other way around. Hartigan should be moved on when RFA after 2020, as a defender who relies on his athleticism the end will come soon.

A midfield of the Crouch brothers & Sloane was fine in 2017 when they had great complimentary pieces around them. We were a forward half pressure and intercept team and a very good one. However they look slow when we surround them with other slow players like Gibbs and Douglas. We just need to put the correct pieces around them.
Hartigan is rumored to be wanting to head back to Melbourne & contracted players get traded all the time.

2017 is living in the past.

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Imo, Lynch should go too for the rebuild & have serious doubts that Gibbs will get back to his best.

HF: Lukosius, Fogarty, Sloane
I: Laird, CEY, McHenry, Himmelberg

What are we doing to get Jack Lukosius?

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we go into 2020 with any of Sauce, Mackay, Douglas and/or Otten on our list then it's going to another long year.
I'll come back in 2021 then. Guaranteed to have at least one, most likely 2 of those on the list next year

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Hartigan is rumored to be wanting to head back to Melbourne & contracted players get traded all the time.

2017 is living in the past.
Never heard that, but if so, then sure swap Hartigan / Keath.

Haha alright, 2017 is 2 years ago. Charles and MGov and Lever and 2 years less on the clock for everyone else is what changed from 2017 to today.

I doubt 2019 can teach us much either. It turns out that when you have a slowish midfield, and then you make the rest of the team also slow and old, then the overall result is too slow. That would be like us selecting 7 lockdown defenders every week, and using the result to justify Talia + Brown + Laird not working together. Those kinds of groups can work together if the other players around them are a good fit.

I think it would be a mistake to dump one of Sloane MCrouch BCrouch in an unfavourable trade. If we can get a top 10 pick then sure, but I do not think that is likely.

Never heard that, but if so, then sure swap Hartigan / Keath.

Haha alright, 2017 is 2 years ago. Charles and MGov and Lever and 2 years less on the clock for everyone else is what changed from 2017 to today.

I doubt 2019 can teach us much either. It turns out that when you have a slowish midfield, and then you make the rest of the team also slow and old, then the overall result is too slow. That would be like us selecting 7 lockdown defenders every week, and using the result to justify Talia + Brown + Laird not working together. Those kinds of groups can work together if the other players around them are a good fit.

I think it would be a mistake to dump one of Sloane MCrouch BCrouch in an unfavourable trade. If we can get a top 10 pick then sure, but I do not think that is likely.
My team still has the Crouch brothers & Sloane... just not all playing in the middle at once. Would like to see Sloane used in other roles, pinch hitting on the middle.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pick #3 & Greenwood... though I would try to sell them Lynch instead.
Too much for Luko IMO (note pick 3 will be pick 4)

Greenwood and our 2021/1 (could also be pick ).

I'm not sure if GC would want picks 1, 2 and 3 in one year, better to spread them out over 2 years

Back