Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyter

All Australian
Dec 6, 2010
Docklands
AFL Club
Sydney
Good opportunity for Longmire and co to Play the season in lots of 4 or 5 games and play every single player on the list at some point in the season....he’s got nothing to loose with shortened season, shortened games no neafl and possibly an abrupt holt mid season....as soon as one player gets covid19 the cogs are going to come loose...best to try them all...and see who can blossom..

wills2g

Premiership Player
Jun 15, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Surprised McInerney named in the side - he only played Q4 in the last match?

Glad we only have Naismith, and not Sinclair as well.

Since the quarters are shorter, I change my predictions to Swans by 25+

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
no way hewett was dropped

family 100%
And could stay out given the risk of playing footy atm and having a young baby you might pass it on to.
(The 0-5 age bracket higher incidence of developing severe covid19 than older kids - in study just released - though not a huge study in numbers).

If we are running and gunning I'd rather have had Clarke in the team than Ronke - at least he runs to the right places continually.

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Honestly, for a few people, it's probably a wise option to consider.
Is there some kind of system set up where a chosen group of people could moderate what is being posted and posts that were, for example, short, low effort posts spammed repeatedly on the same topic were removed?

Is there some kind of system set up where a chosen group of people could moderate what is being posted and posts that were, for example, short, low effort posts spammed repeatedly on the same topic were removed?
No, mods are not in the business of removing posts based on the manner in which someone goes about their posting. If something breaks the Bigfooty site rules that'll be acted upon but we're not going to act as arbiters commanding people the way they must post. People go about posting on a forum in different ways, if they post a crap opinion then they open themselves up to rebuke from others based on their content, but they're still within their right to post it.

Bear31

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney

He is obviously impressing those that matter. has showed a point of difference. like his run and carry. look forward to seeing him do well. this is a year of discovery. see who steps up. will be interesting just from that point of view. See where we are at. A lot of youth. a lot of promise. lets see who delivers.

The tells you McInerney was already a lock......would not have minded Sinclair as a tall target...

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
Was surprised Sinclair not named given the absence of Bud and Reid, but even more surprised at McCartin named at CHB.

Surely Horse foxing here and TMac will play forward. Because currently our KP talls are:

(back) Brand Aliir McCartin Rampe
(forward) Blakey

The tells you McInerney was already a lock......would not have minded Sinclair as a tall target...

My guess is given the circumstances of this season, Horse might make fitness a bit more of a priority. McInerney ran out a whole game in Marsh 1, while Stephens would still have to be fairly managed, and the coaching and fitness staff would already have their hands full managing players minutes. That's why I'm also not convinced that we will see this influx of kids that Horse will try out this year.

Bear31

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Was surprised Sinclair not named given the absence of Bud and Reid, but even more surprised at McCartin named at CHB.

Surely Horse foxing here and TMac will play forward. Because currently our KP talls are:

(back) Brand Aliir McCartin Rampe
(forward) Blakey
I reckon Sinkers is not ready. Bud obviously not. Reid well who knows where his fitness is really at atm. we needed a forward line but we have a few mids that can fill in there. short quarters. high fitness. is small the way to go?

Still reckon you cant have hewett parker and kennedy in the same team. Would prefer warner in there though.

You're dropping one of those three? Wowee. And for a kid no less.

I would say they shouldn't be in the same midfield, but that's it. They are still very comfortably in the group of best Swans.

I have backed Longmire to a certain extent but fast losing any hope he will lead us back because of this very s**t. Ronke could not get a kick in a ****ing stampede.

ronkes done it before gives me hope, the ability is there

There is no reason why Parker, Hewett and Kennedy can not be part of the same midfield.

they already have been

if people want to argue all 3 shouldn't be in the centre bounce at the same time I can see that, but would think all 3 would slot in every week without a second thought

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
they already have been

if people want to argue all 3 shouldn't be in the centre bounce at the same time I can see that, but would think all 3 would slot in every week without a second thought
I don't even see why they couldn't all be in for the same centre bounce. They are three very different players. Kennedy is an inside clearence machine. Hewett and Parker are more versatile, Hewett can get his own ball or play a more shut down role, Parker has both an inside and an outside game.

I don't even see why they couldn't all be in for the same centre bounce. They are three very different players. Kennedy is an inside clearence machine. Hewett and Parker are more versatile, Hewett can get his own ball or play a more shut down role, Parker has both an inside and an outside game.

no argument from me, I just want to see some rotations through the 3 starters at bounces during a game

as it stands they would be the 3 you went to first bounce I would suggest, or if the pressure was on in a close game

Be nice if kennedy especially drifts out of the best 3 starting at centre bounces

if Sinclare was playing, he'd be playing as a tall forward! do you not understand that?
Stop the pathetic criticisms

The point remains, don't need both of them. A runner was my preference, and we've done that. I said all along I couldn't give two hoots which ruck we picked, but we didn't need to pick two despite Sinclair being capable forward. I'd rather play Parker or Heeney forward.

wills2g

Premiership Player
Jun 15, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
its easy to stay vocal while youre winning

hope sydney leaders do the same but even if its tough, will show real progression as a team to rise to the top

its easy to stay vocal while youre winning

hope sydney leaders do the same but even if its tough, will show real progression as a team to rise to the top

Agree but they did it from the first bounce

Agree but they did it from the first bounce

They have leaders everwhere

Backine- Vlaustin, Grimes
Mids- everyone, Cotchin, Prestia, etc
Fwds- Reiwoldt, Lynch, Edwards

It's a very good side

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney
The point remains, don't need both of them. A runner was my preference, and we've done that. I said all along I couldn't give two hoots which ruck we picked, but we didn't need to pick two despite Sinclair being capable forward. I'd rather play Parker or Heeney forward.
The extra runner will mean bugger all if the Crows tall defenders pick off the ball in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back