Preview Round 1 2020 Vs Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
horse could coach without the headset

just yell
I remember playing as a kid and during the match I looked at the bench and saw my coach yell something. Thought he was calling me off, I ran to the bench for him to just go "no, no I was just saying good job. Get back out there!"

It'd be nice to be able to say gee this recruit's been a nice addition to the side

Unlike the last few years...
Picked up 3 players who are all best 22 for only a third rounder. Absolute steal from the Swannies! Brand is the only one I'm not sure but for the time being seems a decent get

Picked up 3 players who are all best 22 for only a third rounder. Absolute steal from the Swannies! Brand is the only one I'm not sure but for the time being seems a decent get

We picked them up for a steal, yes, and they're in the best 22, yes. But doesn't mean they're good additions. I have a good feeling about all of them (less so with Taylor) but they could still turn out to be flops, like Clarke, Thurlow etc

Brand appears to be a seriously good lock down defender who at his size can play on any of the talls. Doesn't offer much in rebound but then that's what we have all the other defenders for. Was surprised Hawks showed him the door.

He is obviously impressing those that matter. has showed a point of difference. like his run and carry. look forward to seeing him do well. this is a year of discovery. see who steps up. will be interesting just from that point of view. See where we are at. A lot of youth. a lot of promise. lets see who delivers.

Well it's not like Mcinerney tore up the ressies last year, or have that impressive of a showing in the 1st game of marsh.

I guess it cant be worse than his debut match...

Well it's not like Mcinerney tore up the ressies last year, or have that impressive of a showing in the 1st game of marsh.

Not a lot of choices really. Horse obviously wanted to inject more run into our midfield, and he really only had three genuine choices, being McInerney, Stephens or Clarke. With an extra pre-season under his belt, McInerney appears the fittest of he and Stephens, while this board would've gone nuclear if Clarke was in our round 1 side, so not sure what alternative there was for Horse.

This is where it would have been really helpful if someone like Bell had come on. Decent size and 21 years old, now in his third year in the system. That's the ideal range for someone to come in and compliment our midfield. But he hasn't come on, so we look to someone younger with even less form to go on.

Didn’t know it was Rorys 200th.

There mid group will trump ours unfortunately

There forward line is garbage

It's two very good back-lines up against two average forward lines. Not gonna be a high-scoring one this one. Goals will be a luxury and I'm afraid I agree with you on the midfield. They'll give their forwards far more opportunities than our midfield will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey sataris are you actually in Singapore?

If so where can you watch the game if you know?

I am.

Most of the bars on Boat Quay show all the games.

Boomerang is an aussie bar ($8+ pint)
https://www.boomarang.com.sg/gallery/boat-quay/ is an Aussie bar that shows all AFL / NRL games.

The Mask just up the road shows cricket games, but may show AFL

But you should definitely find something down there.

It'd be nice to be able to say gee this recruit's been a nice addition to the side

Unlike the last few years...

Yes no sign of our star recruits from the 2018 trade period

I thought Taylor and Gray were about the best thing to come out of our Marsh games.

I too have question mark over Brand. He's the kind of big stopper we need to replace Reg and seems fine in defensive efforts but I wonder about his disposal and decision making.

Ripper thanks.

if you are into Martini's (and you should be).

There is a place there called, 'Patro's North Indian & Mexican Cuisine' that makes some of the best martini's on planet earth.

Let me know if you need any more tips whilst you're here. :)

I reckon the kid knows how to play footy. Kicks to loose players because he sees the field. And his pace is handy too.
Even in his debut game he was running to the right spots to get over the top handballs or kick - our midfielders constantly didn't reward him. Lack of trust partly, but also because, lets face it, Parker, JPK, Hewett, aren't the easiest midfield to play with. All do a job, and have done great jobs, but when even Clarke comes in and revolutionises the midfield run, carry with give and go handballs and support - Houston we've had a problem. I'd prefer Clarke in the team over Ronke.
I'm happy to see both he and Rowbottom in the team, even Florent with his god awful kicking if played close in - it's what our midfield has needed for a season or two. Zip and a few guys with natural footy abilities not based on brawn. Lets see how he goes, and give Stephens some time to settle in.

Hope the kid backs himself, and the players also back him.

Writing off the possibility for improvement from a 24 year old who has improved each year of his career to this point... doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe you are right, but I really don't see how you can have such high and low expectations of Warner and Hewett respectively based on exposed ability and output at this point.

Don’t respond to the dickhead. He’s clearly just here to troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back