Podcast Round 1, 2021 - Batting Tall

Remove this Banner Ad

HoneyBadger35, @Miguel Sanchez and @Keys rant about the AFL's insane new substitution rule
#letkeysswear

Good wrap guys, especially the summary of how this Mickey Mouse administration goes about affecting change in the league.

I think we discussed the possibility of the AFL penalising a club for abusing the sub rule. Of course *stick Hocking was going to tick this off

I had to laugh listening to the game on the radio last night and the boundary rider saying that Vlastuin’s knee injury had to have in doubt for next weeks game. No s**t Sherlock, that’s supposed to be the rule - if the injury is likely to keep the player out for 12 days then the sub can be used. If it isn’t, then it can’t or least it isn’t supposed to

I think we discussed the possibility of the AFL penalising a club for abusing the sub rule. Of course fu**stick Hocking was going to tick this off

I had to laugh listening to the game on the radio last night and the boundary rider saying that Vlastuin’s knee injury had to have in doubt for next weeks game. No sh*t Sherlock, that’s supposed to be the rule - if the injury is likely to keep the player out for 12 days then the sub can be used. If it isn’t, then it can’t or least it isn’t supposed to

Yeah, but you've gotta do the dance.

Vlaustin defending it by saying he couldn’t walk up and down stairs and therefore definitely couldn’t have finished the game, as if ability to finish the game has ever featured in the criteria they’ve written out.

Not being able to finish next week's game is the line in the sand. Any chance the AFL are in on this after going too hard on their quarter durations, rotations and shortened preseason?

Dimma given some licence to absolutely take the piss so a precedent is set.

How are they even supposed to adjudicate on this? If a player says that his knee, arm, epidermis, etc hurts what is the club doc gonna do? Tell him to stop being such a softc*ck and get back on the field?

Back on topic though - are we gonna get the totally-not-biased-it-was-right-in-front-of-me bigfooty commentary for game day this year?

Back on topic though - are we gonna get the totally-not-biased-it-was-right-in-front-of-me bigfooty commentary for game day this year?

I hope so. Listening to the podcast whilst watching the Pies/Dogs game and I'm already enjoying it more.

Gents - I took the broken leg example as an indication of the medical issue being extreme.

Do you remember in 2015 (I think) when the purple turds of 🐓 🔥 sent Fullofhimself Fyfe back on the ground with a broken leg.

Hocking may be trying to avoid stupid clubs doing stupid things but should all rules be aimed at the lowest common denominator!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don’t have any concrete plans for a specific game, but they went well last year and were certainly pretty interesting to do so I’d suggest there’s an away game or two in the future that could get the NotBiasedJustAFan treatment.

That was quality, thank you fellas.
Unsure if this is the right place, but a question for next podcast is the Brander conundrum...how do you think the club will
manage him/or should manage him this year?
How do you see his forward projection? Intriguing player.
Lot of promise, talented guy, wouldn't like to lose him if he can't fulfill his potential at our club because of veterans taking his place.
Would hate to lose him if he goes to another club and smashes it.
Maybe he never realises his potential.
Anyway, too much already, question is 'where do you guys see Brander in the scheme of WCE things?'
*Enter JB round 2 carving it up

Loved the rants and bitching...the takes were spot on...Keys is so prolific that I believe he needs his own custom censor sound...the simple "beep" is much too pedestrian for a man of his talent...belated thumbs up for the episode gents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back