R: Goldy - Simpkin - Cunners
I: Anderson - Stephenson - Dumont - Garner

Mar 25, 2002
37° 70' 12"
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Adelaide and swans have got worse.
hawks not much better.
We have got younger so i would assume we will be a little more inconsistent.

Maybe I'm glass half full but you also need to add another year of physical maturity and development to the U22s. One or two of these could also explode (in a good way) from nowhere. We know what we're going to get from the older brigade.

Agree re potential for inconsistency.

Its a Process

All Australian
Mar 28, 2011
Nsw
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I won't add draft picks to get an idea of how we look at the moment but one word comes to mind when picking this side - Speed! We are genuinely quick and mobile accross all lines for the first tme in a while and i think its very exciting.

Backs
FB- L McDonald - A Corr - K Hayden
CHB - Tarrant (VC) - McKay - F Perez
C - Polec - Cunners (Capt) - B Scott
CHF - T Thomas - Ziebs - J Stephenson
FF - Atu - Larkey - Zurhaar
Ruck - Goldy - LDU - Jy

Bench - Jed (Mid), Atley ( Def), C Taylor (Mid/Fwd), A Boner (Mid/Def)

We look quick, aggressive and have some big bodies for a young team. I think with a half decent run of injuries we will surprise a few sides next year, especially early in the year.

We also have mature depth with guys like D Tyson, T Garner, A Hall, J Walker and K Turner not named who can offer bigger bodies should it be required if we get injuries or need to give the kids a breather.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
B: Hayden, McKay, Corr
HB: Perez, Tarrant, McDonald
C: Polec, Cunnington, Scott
HF: Thomas , Larkey, Taylor
F: Stephenson, Ziebell, Zurhaar
Foll: Goldy, LDU, Simpkin
Int: Anderson, Dumont, Garner, Hall

Emg: Pick 2, Pick 11, Atley, Bonar, Turner, Young, Xerri, Walker, Mahoney, Bosenavulagi, W.Walker?, EVW?, McGuinness

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Psicosis' Best 22 Rd 1 2021

Head Coach - David Noble
Senior Assistant Coach - John Blakey

FB - Tarrant - Mckay - McDonald
HB - Perez - Corr - Atley

C - Polec - Cunnington - Scott
FOLL - Goldstein - Davies-Uniacke - Simpkin

HF - Thomas - Larkey - Taylor
FF - Zurhaar - Ziebell - Stephenson

INT - Anderson - Dumont - Hayden - J.Walker
EMG - Bonar - Young - Hall - Bosenavulagi - W.Walker - Mahoney - Xerri - Turner - Garner

Really bullish about this side. Still expecting a bottom 4 finish, but I think we have a really good mix of u22 quality and senior players on every line.

Defenders - By far our most experienced & strong line. Corr & McDonald's rise really help. Mckay to keep learning and growing, taking the gorilla forward. Taz to mentor and support. Perez, Corr & McDonald to be our key users coming out of the back half. Atley's spot the most at risk, but if he can focus on breaking the lines, he could be handy.

Midfield - Big year for LDU & Jy, with Cunnington & Jed to provide the grunt support for them. Still think we need more pace in there, so drafting another gun mid is imperative for mine. Polec & Scott on the wings, with Dumont rotating through. Goldy hopefully can retain his form.

Forwards - X-Factor galore. Really excited about Zurhaar, TT, Taylor & Stepho playing together - Expecting 1 or 2 of these guys to start rotating through the middle next year. No doubt there is a gap re KPP, however I like the idea of a small forward line with Ziebell out of FF and Larkey playing CHF. I've named Walker on the bench as a KPF option to help chop out Larkey. Xerri is an interesting one here, he is probably needed as much here as he is to give Goldy a chop out, however I haven't named him. Couple real exciting small forwards running around their feet also with Garner, Mahoney, Atu & Turner also - Expecting manic pressure out of these 4, however not sure which 2 we go with.

Int/Emg - A lot will be depending on how they go in preseason, who comes on, who impresses etc. I'd like to see Hayden go through the midfield, and Bonar find a true position. W.Walker & Garner injuries permitting. Hall is more depth then anything.

I've excluded our picks - I expect Pick 2 (Hollands, McDonald, Phillips, Thrilthorpe, DGB) to feature throughout the year. Hollands or Phillips to play a lot of games, whilst if it is McDonald, Thril or DGB, they are given games sporadically throughout the year. I expect pick 11 to be a raw KPP type (Cox, Reid) who may get a game or two, but no real rush.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Psicosis' Best 22 Rd 1 2021

Head Coach - David Noble
Senior Assistant Coach - John Blakey

FB - Tarrant - Mckay - McDonald
HB - Perez - Corr - Atley

C - Polec - Cunnington - Scott
FOLL - Goldstein - Davies-Uniacke - Simpkin

HF - Thomas - Larkey - Taylor
FF - Zurhaar - Ziebell - Stephenson

INT - Anderson - Dumont - Hayden - J.Walker
EMG - Bonar - Young - Hall - Bosenavulagi - W.Walker - Mahoney - Xerri - Turner - Garner

Really bullish about this side. Still expecting a bottom 4 finish, but I think we have a really good mix of u22 quality and senior players on every line.

Defenders - By far our most experienced & strong line. Corr & McDonald's rise really help. Mckay to keep learning and growing, taking the gorilla forward. Taz to mentor and support. Perez, Corr & McDonald to be our key users coming out of the back half. Atley's spot the most at risk, but if he can focus on breaking the lines, he could be handy.

Midfield - Big year for LDU & Jy, with Cunnington & Jed to provide the grunt support for them. Still think we need more pace in there, so drafting another gun mid is imperative for mine. Polec & Scott on the wings, with Dumont rotating through. Goldy hopefully can retain his form.

Forwards - X-Factor galore. Really excited about Zurhaar, TT, Taylor & Stepho playing together - Expecting 1 or 2 of these guys to start rotating through the middle next year. No doubt there is a gap re KPP, however I like the idea of a small forward line with Ziebell out of FF and Larkey playing CHF. I've named Walker on the bench as a KPF option to help chop out Larkey. Xerri is an interesting one here, he is probably needed as much here as he is to give Goldy a chop out, however I haven't named him. Couple real exciting small forwards running around their feet also with Garner, Mahoney, Atu & Turner also - Expecting manic pressure out of these 4, however not sure which 2 we go with.

Int/Emg - A lot will be depending on how they go in preseason, who comes on, who impresses etc. I'd like to see Hayden go through the midfield, and Bonar find a true position. W.Walker & Garner injuries permitting. Hall is more depth then anything.

I've excluded our picks - I expect Pick 2 (Hollands, McDonald, Phillips, Thrilthorpe, DGB) to feature throughout the year. Hollands or Phillips to play a lot of games, whilst if it is McDonald, Thril or DGB, they are given games sporadically throughout the year. I expect pick 11 to be a raw KPP type (Cox, Reid) who may get a game or two, but no real rush.

I think that is very close.

They may start Young rather than Atley for Round 1 given they have recruited him on a 'needs' basis.

And Stephenson will start in the goal square but otherwise it's hard to argue with any of that.

Josh Walker needs to learn how to ruck for 5 mins a qtr and he will be a valuable player.

Scottroo

Premiership Player
Mar 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I’m actually confident we will exceed expectations next year. These sides aren’t nearly as bad as the media are saying. If Simpkin, ldu and Thomas have career best years I can see us finishing 8-12

I still think Curtis taylor is our next superstar though

I’m actually confident we will exceed expectations next year. These sides aren’t nearly as bad as the media are saying. If Simpkin, ldu and Thomas have career best years I can see us finishing 8-12

I still think Curtis taylor is our next superstar though
I hope we don’t finish 9-12 that’s no mans land

we would benefit more from underachieving again for 1 more year, grab another top 4 pick then in 2022 push hard for finals - youth more experienced plus add a few free agents etc

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Definitely agree that we look like a solid 22. The thing is, clearly we are going to go with a short forward line unless Comben comes on quick. Even still I think we will be moving the ball faster and shorter. How well we adapt to that will be interesting.

Some people have Hollands as a round 1 start. Look to Perez as an example, there is no way he’s playing round 1. Hollands would weigh more you’d think as well so whoever picks him best be conservative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
B: McDonald - McKay - Corr
HB: Atley - Taz - Hayden
C: Polec - Simpkin - Dumont
R: Goldy - Cunnington - LDU
HF: Stephenson - Comben - Scott
F: Ziebell - Larkey - Zurhaar
I/C: Anderson - Thomas - Garner - Perez
Emergencies: Taylor - Turner - Josh Walker

It was really hard picking the best 22 as I wanted to fit in all the listed emergencies, plus Williams, Mahoney and our pick 2 player, but couldn’t. I chose Thomas over Mahoney, but Jack’s time will come next year. I chose development with Comben forward over Walker. I expect Scott to be used more as a wing option this year with Stephenson also rotating through there. I chose not to include Walker as I felt he makes us too top-heavy. TT will likely rotate with Cunners/LDU when they go forward for spells. We need TT in the midfield for longer.

Hollands would replace someone like Garner as we have too many mid-forward rotate into the midfield types. If we get McDonald, Comben goes out.

Wtf - Taylor as an emergency.

Wtf - Taylor as an emergency.
I chopped and changed a dozen times, so pay no heed to my 22. I originally did pick Garner dependent on preseason form and injuries due to his superior pressure and size without having Turner in the side as that small forward.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
I chopped and changed a dozen times, so pay no heed to my 22. I originally did pick Garner dependent on preseason form and injuries due to his superior pressure and size without having Turner in the side as that small forward.

But you’re such a mover n a shaker down at the club 😛

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
B: Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan
HB: Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan
C: Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan
HF: Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan
F: Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan

R: Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan

Int: : Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan

Emerg: Jack Billings.

B: Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan
HB: Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan
C: Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan
HF: Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan
F: Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan

R: Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan

Int: : Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan, Jamie MacMillan

Emerg: Jack Billings.
Thanks Phillyroo.

FootySmartSimpson

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
B: Corr Tarrant McDonald
HB: Perez McKay Walker
C: Polec Davies Uniacke Thomas
HF: Scott Ziebell Stephenson
F: Zurhaar Larkey Atley

R: Goldstein Cunnington Simpkin

I: Anderson Dumont Taylor Hollands*

Like at about this time last year, we are able to put 22 pretty solid names down on paper. However, it counts for nought if we have yet another injury decimated season like we've had the past 4-5. The actual 22 picked isn't of huge importance, the key number will be the number of North listed players playing in the VFL. If that number stays consistently high, we'll surprise a few. If we have another year like 2020 with injuries, we'll be bottom 2 again.

Round 1:
Corr McKay Atley
McDonald Taz Young/Hayden
Dumont LDU Polec
Goldy Simpkin Cunners
Taylor Larkey Zurhaar
Stephenson Ziebell Thomas

Anderson Walker Scott Perez

VFL:
EVW ??? ???
Young/Hayden McGuinness ???
W.Walker Tyson Hall
Garner Comben Mahony
Turner Campbell Atu
Xerri Bonar ???

Our depth doesn't look great tbh, a lot of half forward, outside types. Not a lot of defenders, which makes sense given how many we delisted. And not much in key position. Comben and Xerri have to make it, they just have to.

davefromjerra

All Australian
Mar 3, 2005
Magnetic Island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Corr Tarrant McDonald
EVW McKay Hayden
Polec Cunnington Dumont
Zurhaar Walker Stephenson
Thomas Larkey Mahoney

Goldstien Simpkin LDU

Anderson Perez Atley Taylor

I think one of Mahoney or Turner will play.

Centre Half Forward is still a problem. I have Walker there for now. Comben could take the spot in the future. Hopefully we won’t see Ziebell or Xerri being used as key forwards.

Last edited:

wazza03

All Australian
Aug 31, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
B: Corr Tarrant Perez
HB: Young McKay Hayden
C: McDonald Cunnington Polec
HF: Thomas J.Walker Zurhaar
F: Stephenson Larkey Ziebell