Game Day Round 1, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May have gone too hard too early. My alcohol intake is restricted to games (fck cancer) as I like being slightly buzzed while riding the waves of emotion during a game. First weekend of the men's season I've gone early while watching the dogs win and fear tomorrow's hangover will be a cracker.

Oh well. That happens.

Any chance it's not really, really wet?

There’s a chance most of the rain hits in the morning and early afternoon, and then eases off for the game. I don’t think it’ll be anything like the torrential downpour against the Cats many years ago at any rate. Not that much rain forecast - that’s what will be hitting Sydney.

The part of the weekend I love. Being both a Lions and Broncos fan, this is the game each weekend I can look forward to these days. It’s always better when it’s second too, get the disappointment out of the way first each weekend and bring it home with the excitement of a Lions’ win!

There’s a chance most of the rain hits in the morning and early afternoon, and then eases off for the game. I don’t think it’ll be anything like the torrential downpour against the Cats many years ago at any rate. Not that much rain forecast - that’s what will be hitting Sydney.

Hope so. Will the AFLW game still be played on the ground if it's heavy rain? I don't know what sort of timeline they have to move the game but also think the health, safety and insurance of the AFL players means some consideration needs to go into planning. If it is gonna be heavy raining all afternoon with a match played that's gonna leave less than ideal conditions.

Hope so. Will the AFLW game still be played on the ground if it's heavy rain? I don't know what sort of timeline they have to move the game but also think the health, safety and insurance of the AFL players means some consideration needs to go into planning. If it is gonna be heavy raining all afternoon with a match played that's gonna leave less than ideal conditions.
With TV coverage in place I can't see it being moved

I live 2km from the Gabba as the crow flies and there has been steady rain all morning, doesn't look like it's going anywhere, lets hope Harry Sharp has good form as a mud runner.

Lllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooooonnnnnnsssssss!

I live 2km from the Gabba as the crow flies and there has been steady rain all morning, doesn't look like it's going anywhere, lets hope Harry Sharp has good form as a mud runner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
:D

He can run in the wet.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think this will be a close one. A frustratingly close contest for 90% of the game but we’ll get a run on late in the second and kick a few unanswered goals.

Us by 4 goals

Still not sure about Sharp. Probably underrating him but I’m a bit surprised that he’s our next best midfielder.

Still not sure about Sharp. Probably underrating him but I’m a bit surprised that he’s our next best midfielder.
He will more than likely play the fat side wing all night where he will just have to run and create all night. Get up and back to help out defense and forward.
Whether we have someone better on the list to play that role, or not?
Time will tell.
He will certainly have to be monitored throughout the year because has has a pretty big work load at the moment.

He will more than likely play the fat side wing all night where he will just have to run and create all night. Get up and back to help out defense and forward.
Whether we have someone better on the list to play that role, or not?
Time will tell.
He will certainly have to be monitored throughout the year because has has a pretty big work load at the moment.

I reckon 1st quarter red time time we'll see him show his wares. Two games played have shown that red time is gonna be lethal, if our boys are going be wrestling in sludge clean ball to a runner gonna be worth 12 points. Backing him in for a running goal in the 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back