Game Day Round 1, 2021 GWS v St.Kilda - GIANTS Stadium, Sunday 21st March, 3:20PM AEDT

Big 1st game to start off with for 2021 against the Saints in what will be a HUGE season for the Giants in it's 10th year

Promising signs last weekend against the Swans but will be hoping for another sunny day

Our team that played last weekend ;

1615419523617.png

Injury Update

Early prognosis
Keeffe
hobbled from the field late in Sunday's win over Sydney, but the early diagnosis is positive. He will be monitored but is expected to be fine for the opening round against St Kilda, as are Flynn and Daniels after recent setbacks. Whitfield is still at least a month away from a return as he battles a bruised liver suffered at training in early February. - Michael Whiting
Updated: Tuesday, March 9

Saints team that played last weekend ;

1615419689818.png

Injury Update

Early prognosis
Frawley
has been ruled out for at least eight weeks after damaging his hamstring tendon in the AAMI Community Series win over Carlton. The Saints will be cautious with the veteran who injured the same hamstring earlier in the pre-season. Hannebery will miss the season opener against Greater Western Sydney having not done enough conditioning due to a nagging calf injury but the Saints are confident he'll feature early. Jones will attempt to hit full speed running this week to put his hand up for the Giants and Marshall is nearing a return to running in the hope he can play inside the first month. Geary is progressing strongly from a fractured fibula sustained in late January. - Mitch Cleary
Updated: Tuesday, March 9

Also Brad Crouch and Ryder will be out

GWS as of 6:20pm 20/3/21

Round One

GIANTS v St Kilda
Sunday, March 21 at 3:20pm
GIANTS Stadium

FB: Harry Perryman, Lachlan Keeffe, Nick Haynes
HB: Isaac Cumming, Phil Davis, Sam Reid
C: Callan Ward, Josh Kelly, Jack Buckley
HF: Tim Taranto, Tanner Bruhn, Toby Greene
FF: Bobby Hill, Harry Himmelberg, Matt de Boer
RR: Matt Flynn, Stephen Coniglio, Jacob Hopper

Interchange: Lachie Ash, Sam Taylor, Connor Idun, Tom Green

Emergencies: Xavier O’Halloran, Zach Sproule, Shane Mumford, Matt Buntine

Last edited:
Was looking forward to this but under the covid rules I believe we're all meant to be sitting in our assigned seats? Ours are one row away from being undercover so usually we swap to a GA area in the rain.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Cant see it happening, not sure the year but the Suns/Swans game from a few years ago was played in incredibly wet conditions and I think I remember a game played in fog/rain where it was hard for the coaches to see either end of the ground (Maybe the same game)

And a giants game played in snow of course haha

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
One tall forward... I guess it’s a team for the conditions?

100% this

I’m actually really pleased. In previous years I have felt LC to be very very rigid in “sticking to his structures” and having no flexibility. We would have gone way to talk in the past.

Today we load with small and bang it long and watch Greene and Bruhn kick 4 each

The line for the members bar will be epic at gates open time to get close to the window hahaha

Hopefully they open the other room up as well today

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Was looking forward to this but under the covid rules I believe we're all meant to be sitting in our assigned seats? Ours are one row away from being undercover so usually we swap to a GA area in the rain.

and given we sit a row in front of you... and there are all sorts of road closures to even get to the ground....

I really want to go, but...

We were going as a sroup of 7, will now just be 3.
Will be a very small crowd..

Was going with the kids but just too wet but I'm still going 🤣

Might ditch the car for Parramatta Road

Apr 30, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
I hope he hasn’t said he wants out. He has been a star for us and I just can’t see why is is out of favour at the moment. He is not injured

I agree. Huge potential.
I like to think the club (new forwards coach) has told him to fix his attitude or not play. The criticism of teammates when making substandard efforts himself was at a new level last year.
When he’s switched on he can beat anyone.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
What's the surface like?

When I went for a kick with the boys in their warmup it seemed pretty good

Hehe. Just kidding

Looks good mate. This ground always drains pretty well to be fair

No puddles at all and nothing really been on to tear it up