Game Day Round 1, 2021 GWS v St.Kilda - GIANTS Stadium, Sunday 21st March, 3:20PM AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Toby Greene is a great footballer in all conditions but he genuinely goes to another level on days like this. As smart a player who's ever graced a field

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Swings and roundabouts for the two teams - the difference in the score is the 2 goals we (& I mean Isaac Cumming!) gifted them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Umm Sam Taylor? What on earth was that?

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Positives
* Cal Ward moving much better
* Toby all class
* Flynn more than serviceable
* Taylor makes us so much better

Negatives
* Jack Buckley, not a firsts player
* Why did we start playing slow at the end just when we had momentum.
* Cumming played dumb footy all day

Team desperately needs Whitfeld Riccardi and Daniels back, the former might be weeks away.

Long season but I guess we will get some games into kids this year. Saints had 54 players out and we still couldn’t beat them at home. What’s Clarkson’s Manager’s number?

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Positives
* Cal Ward moving much better
* Toby all class
* Flynn more than serviceable
* Taylor makes us so much better

Negatives
* Why did we start playing slow at the end just when we had momentum.
* Cumming played dumb footy all day

Team desperately needs Whitfeld Riccardi and Daniels back, the former might be weeks away.

Long season but I guess we will get some games into kids this year. Saints had 54 players out and we still couldn’t beat them at home. What’s Clarkson’s Manager’s number?

Pretty much this.

Yes we had players out too but there was no way we should of lost this.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Negatives

I don't agree with that negative - he's still inexperienced and I didn't think he did a huge amount wrong. But still we'd we better with Riccardi I agree.

Lachie & Binga would absolutely be great. Those 3 you've named for Reid, Buckley & Bruhn would certainly improve our line-up. (Of course Saints would point to their outs as to their improvement possible for today.)

Not convinced on Cumming - as you say, he made some dumb mistakes. (Essentially those 2 goals he gifted the Saints were the difference between a win & a loss.) I guess this year might be make or break for him.

Glad we went along. Sat on the top above our usual seats.

Was very happy with Flynn. Looked so composed and technical for a debutant in the ruck.

Ward is still our best midfielder, which is both great and a bit of an indictment on the rest. He can win the ball, spread, and dispose of it efficiently. The rest only have some combination of two of those.

I was worried about our fitness and hardness going into the last because we collapse so often in that kind of situation. The guys showed up and kept showing up.

Skills were the difference - so many poor kicks, both in the field and at goal. Still no one looking to get marks on the lead. It really seems something we train out of people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back