Autopsy Round 1, 2021: GWS v St.Kilda *HIGHMORE DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

“I suppose at the end of the day it’s the umpire’s call and it’s whatever they see.

“There were a few 50-50 calls … some were right, and some were wrong.

"A lot of calls didn’t go our way on the weekend, so it could have been good karma coming back our way.”

I think the point about 50/50 calls is the key one - there were 50/50 calls all day, and this one happens to be the one everyone notices because it led to the sealer. If the same free had been paid to us just outside the Giants 50, with them up by a few points, I doubt anyone would have any care for it, even if we put together a perfect chain and scored.

I still suprised its getting any play, i didnt understand the contraversy at the time and i dont understand it now.

Bears mentioning there was like 45 seconds on the clock and even if the call was play on we had 3 around the ball (would up in Higgins hands from memory) in our forward line.

Even if it was the wrong call (which it wasnt) almost certainly has no bearing on the outcome.

HBO stuff is great but I just couldn't see the value of paying so much for Foxtel.

i think Telstra customers get 6 month free if you want to watch all the good stuff and then cancel. I have so many streaming services it’s getting embarrassing and so cancelled it. Apple TV has a lot of double ups with Binge anyway if it’s not in Stan or NF.

Edit: Thanks guys! Think I'm all good!

Hi Sainters,

Apologies for the intrusion.

I don't like saying too much of substance on Bigfooty, but my Dad is a lifelong Saints supporter who is currently in hospital with a long road to recovery likely ahead. He wasn't able to see the game on the weekend, and I'd love to get him an iPad or something with the game on it to watch while he's cooped up. If someone knows how or where I could obtain a download of the game- I don't think streaming is an option, otherwise I'd just get Kayo- I'd really appreciate a PM.

Best of luck this weekend, not that I think you'll need it. Hopefully it's a close game at least.

Cheers, Toump Ass.

Last edited:
Hi Sainters,

I don't like saying too much of substance on Bigfooty, but my Dad is a lifelong Saints supporter who is currently in hospital with a long road to recovery likely ahead. He wasn't able to see the game on the weekend, and I'd love to get him an iPad or something with the game on it to watch while he's cooped up. If someone knows how or where I could obtain a download of the game- I don't think streaming is an option, otherwise I'd just get Kayo- I'd really appreciate a PM.

Best of luck this weekend, not that I think you'll need it. Hopefully it's a close game at least.

Cheers, Toump Ass.
Lost the bookmark I used to have for a regularly updated AFL torrent site, but I'll let you know once I've tracked it down again.

UPDATE: PM sent.

Last edited:
Hi Sainters,

Cheers, Toump Ass.

I still suprised its getting any play, i didnt understand the contraversy at the time and i dont understand it now.

Bears mentioning there was like 45 seconds on the clock and even if the call was play on we had 3 around the ball (would up in Higgins hands from memory) in our forward line.

Even if it was the wrong call (which it wasnt) almost certainly has no bearing on the outcome.

Not like it was goal post deflection erroneously recorded as a goal then replaced a few hundred times to no effect given in a penultimate game.

better conjecture a random instance that had no real bearing on outcome given time, outcome and possibilities to deflect from our increasing s**t under rugs.

Yep just added Binge to the streaming services set up. Rate it highly... re-watching Entourage after getting into 'Victory the Podcast' where they go over all the episodes.
OMG I love that podcast - Kevin Dillon is amazing!

5190fa4a99b5229171ca40cbf21f47c0.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think I read nearly all of the posts after the G.W.S. game
I suggest posters check out Monty Python's Argument Clinic. If someone says up, you don't have to react by saying down
As for the comments about one of the umpires? If it is a bad performance it needs to be called out. Being an old to very old Saint's supporter I have seen too many rubbish calls that haven't fallen our way. Remember how the game was played until the umpire blows his whistle to signal the end of the game? Until we play Fremantle in Tasmania and we have points taken away. Or James Hird kicking a goal and being bumped and then getting a free kick and Essendon have 2 goals in under 30 seconds. For a decision to go our way, I thank the football gods.
If you had told me at the start of the 2020 season that we would win twice against G.W.S. at their home ground I would have doubted your sanity. I am going to enjoy every Saint's win this season especially since it will be my last.

I suggest posters check out Monty Python's Argument Clinic. If someone says up, you don't have to react by saying down
As for the comments about one of the umpires? If it is a bad performance it needs to be called out. Being an old to very old Saint's supporter I have seen too many rubbish calls that haven't fallen our way. Remember how the game was played until the umpire blows his whistle to signal the end of the game? Until we play Fremantle in Tasmania and we have points taken away. Or James Hird kicking a goal and being bumped and then getting a free kick and Essendon have 2 goals in under 30 seconds. For a decision to go our way, I thank the football gods.
If you had told me at the start of the 2020 season that we would win twice against G.W.S. at their home ground I would have doubted your sanity. I am going to enjoy every Saint's win this season especially since it will be my last.
I hope we give you a season to enjoy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No You didn't.
Yes they do.
No you haven't.
No it doesn't.
No you wouldn't.
No you won't.

Please no its not!!! :O

One of the first Monty Python skits I ever saw, hilarious. Also a big fan of the parrot that ceases to be, it’s pining for the fjords!

One of the first Monty Python skits I ever saw, hilarious. Also a big fan of the parrot that ceases to be, it’s pining for the fjords!

I cracked a Python joke in a local shop last week.
The child (22yo) behind the counter simply looked at me.
At that point I realised: his limited life experience, and my age.
😂

I still think it would be funny. It seems to me that a lot of the younger generation need things explained more
Well, I thought I was hilarious.....
The kid had no idea.
I found out his age at my next visit and that he had heard of Python but never seen/watched/listened to them. He had other stuff in his life that was of more interest.
I think I should lay the Spanish Inquisition on him next time I go there.
Yes?

Well, I thought I was hilarious.....
The kid had no idea.
I found out his age at my next visit and that he had heard of Python but never seen/watched/listened to them. He had other stuff in his life that was of more interest.
I think I should lay the Spanish Inquisition on him next time I go there.
Yes?
Rather than the Spanish Inquisition you try something involving a large trout.

My absolute favourite moment of many many moments of Python madness.

DID YOUSE SEE FREE KICK COUNT
GWS 30 SAINTS 14

A couple of Sydney dick heads on News .com ,including Callan Ward , and Leon Cameron
claim it was not a free kick to Butler !!!
So i sent twitter to All showing the free kick count , telling them to apologies to the Umps

Rather than the Spanish Inquisition you try something involving a large trout.

My absolute favourite moment of many many moments of Python madness.

A few years ago my local theatre group did the show: Spamalot. Great show and it starts with the fish slap song when randomly the chorus thinks that the narrator said it takes place in Finland not England.

good times. One of the funniest shows I e ever been part of.

We have an issue in one-on-one marking duels- many of our small to medium size players are not strong in that area- looks like Higgins though is an exception. It was a bit of an issue last season and looks to have carried over. Playing in front would help a lot.
Another thing that perplexes me is that Lones always ends up in the good position one out in the forward line, but can't win an aerial contest. No disrespect to Lones, but he gets in good positions so often. Why wouldn't the coach to tell another taller player to pair with Lones when in the forward line?

I still think it would be funny. It seems to me that a lot of the younger generation need things explained more

I'm a 30 year old who grew up in 90's Australia with British parents. I was lucky enough to grow up enjoying Monty Python, Blackadder, Only Fools and Horses etc. In my late primary school years I also fell in love with a lot of the old stand up comics and comedy albums (there was a seasonal comedy radio station that introduced me to alot) from guys like George Carlin, Lenny Bruce, Cosby, Billy Connolly, Richard Pryor and Paul Hogan to things like Cheech and Chong. I got to witness the emergence of the adult animation from the Simpsons, South Park and in subsequent years things like Rick and Morty.

I consider myself to be very well educated in the comedy landscape and have seen how it has changed over the decades. I can assure you that the kids today are watching things that you would need explained to you as well, you would need to learn about cultural references, the evolution of meme humour, the way that language has changed and the various tropes and stereotypes that are prevalent in modern humour. When I see the humour that this stuff brings to kids today, it is no more or less than the laughs that I got as a kid, or what I'm sure my parents and grandparents experienced. Whilst there are certain trends which I think have been unfortunate (skits either tend to go for 20 seconds at most, or are simply the same schtick repeated beyond without evolving), I don't think it's fair to say that the next generation are any less complex. Just like the music of today is as good as the music of my parents era which is as good as the music of my grandparents era, there are just generational differences that probably say more about the individual than the next generation.

Unfortunately, I am noticing the transition start in myself. When I look at TikTok videos for example, I am just unable to draw the tiniest piece of amusement to the majority of them. I'll keep fighting the good fight for as long as I can, keep looking for new music and comedy which appeals to me, but I'm partly resigned to the fact that I will be turning back more and more as I get older to the comforts of my past :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back