Autopsy Round 1, 2021: Hawthorn defeat Bombers in a 40pt turnaround!

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m 11 pages into reading this thread and no one has mentioned Morrison.

I was never his biggest fan but my god did he play well. Very composed, great kicking and played smart everything he did today was class just like Will Day.

As a fan base we applaud Henderson and Smith and sort of Scully too for what they did for our club, but by then all leaving it opened the door for young outside players like Morrison, Day can play on the wing, Moore and soon Downie. If Morrison plays like that I can see him very similar to Kane Lambert

also shoutout to Hanrahan, I still think he will come out for Wingard but while he is always a clever player I thought he was very tough and stuck his tackles and that’s not common to his game so well done to him cause his second efforts were very good. He by no means deserves to lose his spot which is a good problem to have.
Thought he was really good.

2 goals are fantastic, but he was very composed and didn't make mistakes. Each disposal made an impact.

After today's results, has anyone checked on bradkli and a couple of his mates?

Genuinely worried. It's well after midnight and I can't sleep with worry.

I liked Morrison but he wasn't in my top 5.
He's probably with the next group of 5-8 players for votes like Hardwick, Impey, McEvoy, Phillips, Breust and Ceglar.

It was a great team effort overall and Morrison played much better than usual, but not enough to be singled out for praise IMO.

I liked Morrison but he wasn't in my top 5.
He's probably with the next group of 5-8 players for votes like Hardwick, Impey, McEvoy, Phillips, Breust and Ceglar.

It was a great team effort overall and Morrison played much better than usual, but not enough to be singled out for praise IMO.
Who did you have in the top 5 if Morrison and Hardwick weren't in there?

Titchell back to doing what he does, JOM playing a super handy role in things, and Phillips doing well is huge for us moving forward. Once Worps and Shiels get back into the swing of things our midfield mix will start to look pretty neat!

Too happy with the result to go through and give ratings- but the vast majority played incredibly well (apart from the second quarter).
Question is: what changes are made for next week?
Scrimshaw, Downie, Lewis, Jeka all kicking the door down at the minute. Plus Wingard is approaching fitness... I have a query: how do we fit all our players in? If we're expecting to finish bottom 4, how can we apparently have such a log jam of players to come in?
Good problem to have. Although we’re only talking about the performance of only one match. Let’s see what the next 4-6 shows us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They weren't the only ones. The ticketing had us grouped together. We had this flog giving it to us all through the first half in the bay next to us. Everyone went off singing the song and looking for our mate :p

By the third time singing, everyone was singing but it was like the whole 2-3 thousand had hoarse voices and not much energy left. Good times

I know the other two were practice games, but three games in a row the hawks have looked seriously out gunned on the midfield spread, but have found a way mid game to address that. the coaches take some kudos too

It’s very encouraging

Tip of the hat for Mark McKenzie - Frost and Phillips brought in cheaply under his watch, Day and Brockman brought in via the draft. If DGB develops strongly also then he’s quietly crushing it as our list manager. Whoever is doing the academy work that’s brought us Downie and Jiath also need some kudos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back