Game Day Round 1, 2021: Richmond v Brisbane Lions - Sunday 1:10PM

Who were your three best players against Richmond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I reckon that sounds like Daniel Merrett with the running commentary in the effects mic.

This has been a joy to watch. Can certainly tell the quality has improved immensely from the inaugural season.

Very keen to see the next-gen of girls come through, I reckon it'll go up a few more notches quickly.

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Awesome win and a great first game of the season :)

Special mention to our defensive pressure, our center clearances and the footy smarts we show each year. Its really obvious we are one of the better train teams. We fell down a few too many times in finishing off a nice play, and Brennan got on top of our defender a few times, but we were much too good :)

Svarc looking amazing again, Hodder brings some good excitement, and was it Hickie who got that 50m goal?

Looks like a promising season to come! maybe this will be the year!

BigEasyPeasy

Team Captain
Dec 17, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Unsure on the rules, but there was a runner/trainer (#3) parked in the centre square for most of the last quarter. Not a fan.

Initially I was a bit irritated because an experienced outfit like us was not steam rolling the rank newbies but that final quarter shows I was bothered for nothing. GO LIONESSES!

Richmond played last season. Rank newbies is probably not how I'd describe them.

Back