Round 1, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

It was reported yesterday that only 4,000 dogs members will have a chance for tickets for the first game against the pies. Exactly the reason why I did not think 50% crowds was anything to celebrate when announced by that bloke. There will only be a few us in attendance when we belt the pies on the way to our premiership season. I still remain hopeful common sense will prevail and we get at least 60% if we have no more community cases before the game and a few more dog supporters can get to the game.

It was reported yesterday that only 4,000 dogs members will have a chance for tickets for the first game against the pies. Exactly the reason why I did not think 50% crowds was anything to celebrate when announced by that bloke. There will only be a few us in attendance when we belt the pies on the way to our premiership season. I still remain hopeful common sense will prevail and we get at least 60% if we have no more community cases before the game and a few more dog supporters can get to the game.
All Melbourne games that are Vic clubs should be 50/50 to Members especially the ones that kept there membership last year and recommitted this year

All Melbourne games that are Vic clubs should be 50/50 to Members especially the ones that kept there membership last year and recommitted this year

Wrong sorry

You can’t punish the “home” teams for smaller crowd allowances.

You wouldn’t get a 50/50 split to a pies/dogs game at the G in “normal” non Covid times so to expect that now is selfish.

What we should be hoping is we get the same ratio at home at Marvel and our fans actually turn up.

How is that wrong...? The ticket sales should be set up like that and then what’s not sold go’s to the public after the Monday. Don’t you think members should get first dibs...??. I under stand the “home team” your getting at but surly they could have a better system to get more away Melbourne teams members to the game then the general public

How is that wrong...? The ticket sales should be set up like that and then what’s not sold go’s to the public after the Monday. Don’t you think members should get first dibs...??. I under stand the “home team” your getting at but surly they could have a better system to get more away Melbourne teams members to the game then the general public

It’s a pies home game, they should get more tickets as we would at home.

It’s like that everywhere else in the world

This is just the dumbest ******* argument, why would we compare to the other side of the world in completely different circumstances. We compare to the other states, and we’re losing badly
you mean other states with completely different climates to ours when it’s a known fact that COVID just like many viruses is at its worst in cold climates hence why the Northern Hemisphere experienced their explosion in numbers in winter

You can be totally excused mate as there is bugger all about him on the Dogs web site. They did however post this just after last year's draft. It includes a bit of descriptive stuff.

Besides we all said "WHO?!" ourselves when he was drafted. A pretty common occurrence around draft time.

He's a 188cm wingman or flanker with a prodigious leap. Comes from Myrtleford and is on the main list having been taken with pick 55. Certainly a bit to like but don't expect him to be in the side for Rd 1.
What????
Haven’t you been getting the daily email updates on every player on the list. Is it just me.

Got my email regarding applying for a ticket the game against pies as I am home and away member, my son is only a home member as he travels a lot with work. I wondering if anyone that is a home and away member can PM me their barcode if they are not going using for my son to attend.

Got my email regarding applying for a ticket the game against pies as I am home and away member, my son is only a home member as he travels a lot with work. I wondering if anyone that is a home and away member can PM me their barcode if they are not going using for my son to attend.
Aren’t we all away members this year just by signing up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Crozier out:

Daniel Keath Duryea
Richards Naughton Williams
BSmith Bont Jong
Lipinski English Vandermeer
West Bruce Wallis
Martin Macrae Dunkley

Libba Treloar Scott McNeil

Emergency: Schache Khamis Dale JJ

Expecting Crozier and Wood to miss, but Naughton and VDM to be right.

FB: Williams, Gardner, Duryea
HB: Daniel, Keath, JJ
C: Smith, Macrae, Hunter
HF: Lipinski, Naughton, VDM
FF: Wallis, Bruce, English
R: Martin, Bont, Libba
Int: Treloar, West, Dale, Dunkley

FB: Daniel Keath Williams
HB: Dale Gardner JJ
C: Hunter Macrae Smith
HF: Lipinski Bruce English
FF: Wallis Naughton West
R: Martin Bont Dunkley
INT: Libba Treloar Vandemeer Duryeah
EMG: Jong Scott Cordy McNeill

Injured: Croz, Wood

FB: Williams Keath Duryea
HB: Daniel Naughton Richards
C: Lipinski Macrae Hunter
HF: Bonti English Dale
FF: West Bruce Wallis
R: Martin Treloar Smith
IC: Dunkley, JJ, Libba, vandermeer

Crozier and wood miss injured.

No gardner, Scott, McNeil.

Big opportunity for JUH if he gets up and going. Balances the forward line nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Williams Keath Duryea
Wood Cordy Daniel
Hunter Bont Treloar
West Schache Lipinski
Wallis Naughton English
Martin Libba Macrae

Dunkley, Dale, Smith, Vandemeer/McNiel

Seen enough of Bruce, looked fitter but still can't take a chestmark. Gardner/Cordy are a toss up but Cordy has more runs on the board. Let Richards have a few games at HB in the 2nds before bringing him up to the seniors in that role

Last edited:
FB: Williams Gardner Duryea
HB: Wood Keath Daniel
CE: Hunter Dunkley Smith
HF: Liberatore Naughton Lipinski
FF: Wallis Bruce English

RU: Martin Bontempelli Macrae

Dale, West, McNeil, Vandemeer/JJ

EMG: Jong, Cordy, Scott, Schache

I'm thinking Duryea and Wood come in for Crozier. This somewhat makes up for the loss of Croz's marking power and run. Cordy seems to be on the outer and Gardner seems to grow with every game.

Treloar is such a burst player I'd highly doubt they'll risk him going full bore after a couple of qtrs of a reserves praccy match.

McNeil gets the nod ahead of Scott. Liked the way he hit the packs and has that bit of pace we need.

If V/meer doesn't come up then JJ wins a reprieve on tbe bench.

Lipinski cementing a spot was the big thing for me yesterday. Hopefully he can carry that form into the season proper.

FB: Williams Gardner Duryea
HB: Daniel Keath JJ
C: Lipinski Macrae Smith
HF: Bonti Naughton Dale
FF: West Bruce English
R: Martin Treloar Dunkley
IC: Libba, vandermeer, Wallis, Hunter

I am hoping Crozier comes in for Hunter but that won’t happen this week.... Hunter needs to lower the eyes & kick better. Until he does, I would rather not play him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back