Preview Round 1 2022 - Adelaide vs Fremantle, March 20, 2022

How many wins for the Crows in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Liam Jones ever play a final? Apart from his first 2 years when he was young and only played a total of 5 games - when was he a part of a team pushing up the table trying to achieve something?

Carlton have been attempting to push up the table for a while but have been hamstrung by recruiting and drafting players like Liam Jones who aren't good enough

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Did Liam Jones ever play a final? Apart from his first 2 years when he was young and only played a total of 5 games - when was he a part of a team pushing up the table trying to achieve something?
Now? When Carlton are going into every season with the hope of making finals. After years of building.

Only to find the Billy Framptons they've used to build suck balls when there's something on the line and let them down every time

Now? When Carlton are going into every season with the hope of making finals. After years of building.

Only to find the Billy Framptons they've used to build suck balls when there's something on the line and let them down every time
Carlton are still rebuilding.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
I know some on here always put down Liam Jones but his rankings put lie to that.

Oct 8, 2012
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Sturt

I realised today, that there are adults who have lived their entire lives with Carlton rebuilding.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I know some on here always put down Liam Jones but his rankings put lie to that.

I think that is because of lack of ability to change their opinions, a common disease here.
He was truly a nonentity for many years, but has been excellent for the last few, contrary to expectation.

I realised today, that there are adults who have lived their entire lives with Carlton rebuilding.
I remember going to the Telstra Dome as a teen with my dad and seeing the Crows absolutely flog Carlton in the Neil Craig era. Think it was the Gibbs or Kreuzer years

Oct 8, 2012
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Sturt
I remember going to the Telstra Dome as a teen with my dad and seeing the Crows absolutely flog Carlton in the Neil Craig era. Think it was the Gibbs or Kreuzer years
Yeah that was one of their better rebuilds, that in their top 4 of the last 10 rebuilds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great mark but Mods in 1993 and 94 my favourites

What I love both about Modra's and Burton's is not just the spectacular aspect of it, but they held onto the ball and had control for the entire time.

I have Burton edged just ahead for degree of difficulty, leaped over one player than while coming down was on top of another.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gawd I hope we don't fall for Frampton.

Presumably we're trying to build a good team that will stand up in finals in the future.

Do we really think Billy is one who'll stand up in the pressure cooker of an MCG final? Or is he an utter garbage Liam Jones type, who'll look ok when we're a shithouse team near the foot of the table, wins not really mattering because it's about draft picks and development... but then going to water and making mistakes when we start pushing up the table and trying to achieve something?

Why waste our time? Why clog up the 22 with someone we know will ultimately not be good enough?

Anything they believe increases the chances of winning this weekend's 4 points is the correct answer. At least it has been since Craig. Hopefully no longer.

Clearly were not gifted enough #1 draft picks lol.

They have not won a legitimate AFL premiership as they only one they won they were massively cheating the salary cap.
Having rewatched S1 of Underbelly, I remember now why Carlton won their flag back in '95.

Back