SANFL

FF: Gollant - McAsey - Newchurch
HF: Cook - Himmelburg - Rowe

C: Sholl - Hately - Taylor
R: Strachan - Berry - Soligo

HB: Hinge - Frampton - Hamill
FB: Worrall - Borlase - McPherson

RES: Murphy, Nankervis, Parnell , Davis
Would not be upset if that is the line up for round but Walker is still suspended, so you would probably see Cooky come into that line up and Fog to CHF.

Thylacinus

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is this where we're putting best 22's?

AFL

FF: McAdam - Thilthorpe - Rachele
HF: McHenry - Walker - Sloane

C: Seedsman - Keays - Dawson
R: O'Brien - Laird - Schoenberg

HB: Milera - Murray - Smith
FB: Jones - Butts - Doedee

RES: Pedlar, Crouch, Brown, Fogerty

SANFL

FF: Gollant - McAsey - Newchurch
HF: Cook - Himmelburg - Rowe

C: Sholl - Hately - Taylor
R: Strachan - Berry - Soligo

HB: Hinge - Frampton - Hamill
FB: Worrall - Borlase - McPherson

RES: Murphy, Nankervis, Parnell , Davis
What this listing of teams and the selections for the SANFL side show is that we are now developing considerable depth, something that could be very important if COVID forces us to have quite a number of players unavailable at certain times during the coming season.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Would not be upset if that is the line up for round but Walker is still suspended, so you would probably see Cooky come into that line up and Fog to CHF.

I hope we see Tex in 3-4 weeks spurts with a couple off. Forget continuity, keep him fresh and give another set up/player a couple of games to see what it's about or build on their handful of games. 1 home, one away. There'd need to be a player who's form warrants it though, it can't be an underserved gift.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Best 22

FB: Jones ~ Butts ~ Doedee
HB: Smith ~ Murray ~ Milera
C: Dawson ~ Laird ~ Seedsman
HF: McHenry ~ Walker ~ Sloane
FF: Rachele ~ Thilthorpe ~ Fogarty
R: O'Brien ~ Keays ~ Schoenberg
B: Berry ~ Sholl ~ Crouch ~ McPherson

SANFL

FB: Brown ~ Borlase ~ Worrell
HB: Hinge ~ Frampton ~ Parnell
C: Hamill ~ Hately ~ Cook
HF: Rowe ~ McAsey ~ Newchurch
FF: McAdam ~ Himmelburg ~ Gollant
R: Strachan ~ Pedlar ~ Soligo
B: Davis ~ Taylor ~ Murphy ~ Nankervis

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I think if he was delisted we'd look at his SANFL form. If he was performing a class above the others (like you'd expect from a mature age recruit) then we'd go from there.

He's played a lot of SANFL over the last 4 years and while he's been good he hasn't been able to play consistently enough to dominate aside from the occasional game here and there
I really rate your posting - but I think if Frampton was playing for an SANFL side in 2021 and dominated like he did, he would have been drafted. He had an excellent SANFL season last year.

I really rate your posting - but I think if Frampton was playing for an SANFL side in 2021 and dominated like he did, he would have been drafted. He had an excellent SANFL season last year.
I'm not so sure, Liam McBean for example has kicked nearly 150 goals over the last 3 seasons, similar age/height to Frampton and hasn't been given a second chance

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I'm not so sure, Liam McBean for example has kicked nearly 150 goals over the last 3 seasons, similar age/height to Frampton and hasn't been given a second chance
Somewhat surprisingly too I might add

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Fair enough, though I think it was the move back that would have attracted clubs.

Though I'm surprised no one gave McBean another bite at it. Was he already too old?

Fair enough, though I think it was the move back that would have attracted clubs.

Though I'm surprised no one gave McBean another bite at it. Was he already too old?
No idea, he was pretty bad for Richmond but he's only 27 right now.

Maybe it's off field? He kicked 50+ goals as a 25 year old

Somewhat surprisingly too I might add

He's had about four years on a list by this point. Is probably just looked at in a similar light to someone like Grigg, too good for the 2nds, not good enough for the AFL.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona

Strange we didn't trade him

May 20, 2001
Kufa, Iraq
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Banhammer Big House Under 70s
Barring injury, How many of the 5 draftees from 2020 do you all see playing round 1?

Thilthorpe, Pedlar, Cook, Berry, Rowe.

I'd be happy to predict 3, Thilthorpe and Berry for sure, and one of the other 3, but not confident in naming which one yet.

Think Rowe is fighting an uphill battle now with Rachele on the list
So do I.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Here is what I want to see the round 1 team look like:

B: Brown Butts Jones
HB: Doedee Murray Smith
C: Dawson Laird Seedsman
HF: Cook Thilthorpe McHenry
FF: Rachele Fogarty Sloane

1R: ROB Keays Schoenberg

INT: Berry, Sholl, Gollant, McPherson

Crouch to build through SANFL. Will have to earn his spot back.
McAdam to prove he deserves the spot. After last year, he needs to earn it. I'm not gifting him the starting role and then hoping he performs for 6 weeks. He can earn it first.
Pedlar still building fitness. Hopefully he pushes for a spot quickly, because I rate him highly.
Hately hopefully over his groin issues and can build form in SANFL.
Milera to be eased back
Himmelberg to earn his spot. Gollant takes it to start with. Keen to see what Gollant can do over first 3-4 weeks before Walker returns.
Frampton to play exclusively in back half of SANFL
McAsey to play exclusively as a forward in SANFL
Murphy and Rowe to be ready for when Rachele hits the wall (will happen, but I want him to start)

SANFL:

B: Parnell Borlase Davis
HB: Hinge Frampton Worrell
C: Hamill Crouch Newchurch
HF: Murphy McAsey McAdam
FF: Nankervis Himmelberg Rowe

1R: Strachan Hately Pedlar

INT: Soligo, Taylor, Milera,

SANFL team is again very young and inexperienced, but is full of talent. We are building a very capable list.
I'd like to see Newchurch push up to the wing to get him involved more often. Time to see if he has the work ethic to match his talent.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

McAdam to prove he deserves the spot. After last year, he needs to earn it. I'm not gifting him the starting role and then hoping he performs for 6 weeks. He can earn it first.
Pedlar still building fitness. Hopefully he pushes for a spot quickly, because I rate him highly.
Milera to be eased back
Himmelberg to earn his spot. Gollant takes it to start with. Keen to see what Gollant can do over first 3-4 weeks before Walker returns.
Murphy and Rowe to be ready for when Rachele hits the wall (will happen, but I want him to start)

SANFL:

SANFL team is again very young and inexperienced, but is full of talent. We are building a very capable list.
I'd like to see Newchurch push up to the wing to get him involved more often. Time to see if he has the work ethic to match his talent.

Plus we have good to up depth this year with some older players there. Chris Hall has signed as has the below. We have 10 players from last season stay. Assuming that includes Wright as skipper. We have a list of 15 on the SANFL list.

Godden’s team will feature 15 SANFL-listed players, down from 23 last season, to help coaches give all players more one-on-one coaching.

Louis Sharrad (Port District/Woodville-West Torrens), Isaya McKenzie (Willaston/Central District), Jacob Templeton (Central District), Josh Smithson (North Haven/West Adelaide), Sam Breuer (Horsham)

kick it to me_

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Plus we have good to up depth this year with some older players there. Chris Hall has signed as has the below. We have 10 players from last season stay. Assuming that includes Wright as skipper. We have a list of 15 on the SANFL list.

Godden’s team will feature 15 SANFL-listed players, down from 23 last season, to help coaches give all players more one-on-one coaching.

Louis Sharrad (Port District/Woodville-West Torrens), Isaya McKenzie (Willaston/Central District), Jacob Templeton (Central District), Josh Smithson (North Haven/West Adelaide), Sam Breuer (Horsham)
Jacob Templeton (Central District) has a strength and conditioning buissness/gym. Worked with Wayne Milera in the off season before his breakout year. Will be good to have him around the club.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers

Going to be really important. Covid will have an impact at some stage, so having some quality depth will be critical.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

Milera to be eased back

SANFL:

That front 6 has lots of potential. I hope Sloane plays out of a pocket all year as he can mark overhead well and kick goals and is a tough bugger and will still have closing speed inside 50 to be extra effective. Rachele looks to really be one to watch - lets hope he settles in well and shows us all what he can do. McHenry adds nip and bite across half forward and Cook has bags of x factor and lets hope he comes on again after a promising debut last year. Thilthorpe will be the absolute key - if he can win his position more often than not it will go a long way to us winning games. He could literally be anything with his potential. Fogarty - lets hope he has got the conditioning right and he can be a 2-3 goal forward for us for the next 10 years playing out of FF. I like the look of the team - but will like it more when Pedlar is fully fit and in the side

beartoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
That front 6 has lots of potential. I hope Sloane plays out of a pocket all year as he can mark overhead well and kick goals and is a tough bugger and will still have closing speed inside 50 to be extra effective. Rachele looks to really be one to watch - lets hope he settles in well and shows us all what he can do. McHenry adds nip and bite across half forward and Cook has bags of x factor and lets hope he comes on again after a promising debut last year. Thilthorpe will be the absolute key - if he can win his position more often than not it will go a long way to us winning games. He could literally be anything with his potential. Fogarty - lets hope he has got the conditioning right and he can be a 2-3 goal forward for us for the next 10 years playing out of FF. I like the look of the team - but will like it more when Pedlar is fully fit and in the side
Who goes out for Tex and Pedlar?

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 5, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Milera to be eased back

How do you want to ease him in?

He returned to full training in December. He still has another 6 weeks to improve his fitness before playing in the preseason game on March 5th.

If he gets through the game on March 5th he plays round 1. The SANFL ain't gonna do him any good.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
How do you want to ease him in?

He returned to full training in December. He still has another 6 weeks to improve his fitness before playing in the preseason game on March 5th.

If he gets through the game on March 5th he plays round 1. The SANFL ain't gonna do him any good.
I'd be very surprised if he was in after almost 2 years without an AFL game.

I'd be very surprised if he was in after almost 2 years without an AFL game.

I don't think the 2 years without an AFL game is that relevant.

If he gets through preseason, he's ready to play AFL football. The question is more along the lines of "Is Milera in our best 22?".

kick it to me_

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't think the 2 years without an AFL game is that relevant.

If he gets through preseason, he's ready to play AFL football. The question is more along the lines of "Is Milera in our best 22?".

Got to remember Milera is a bit of a confidence player. We watch as he became more comfortable at hb he began to really blossom. He never got much of a run at his new role as he did his knee in the secound trial match. I would give him a run through the SANFL 2-3 matches, then bring him in or are you suggesting he goes back to hb?

Feel like we are stacked back there atm, and wingman, HF rotating mid would be the position

Hb
Smith (lock)
Jones
McPherson
Hamil

Wingman
Seedsman
Dawson
Cook
Sholl

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back