Autopsy Round 1, 2022: Hawks skin the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FactsNotBS

2 years ago he was a delist for us. Check the history of his thread. Not many kind takes with respect to his football. He is now a gun, and low and behold, people are pumping him up. If he couldn't play, no one would care to write about him. The way ppl speak about him is similar to Day because they are our best two young players and play a very exciting run and gun style. It is really that simple

I don’t think the club ever considered delisting CJ but your point is the first sensible reply I have seen to explain why he is so popular. We are in a rebuild with a lot of young talent and this is what excites us. In fact v GWS last year Day was BOG but I thought others were better. Ive noticed the same excitement for Day. Yes, the fact they are exciting players and being young in our team at the moment, is a good reason why they would cheer. Thanks for pointing that out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Spangher was nowhere close to the most talented player in our side on grand final day in 2014. Did it stop us cheering him like mad whenever he came near it - and giving him the equal biggest cheer of anyone when he got his medal (along with Cyril)? Nope - because he was a cult figure among supporters. We loved him, we loved his rising above dickheads calling him a spud and his truckload of endeavour.

CJ looks impressive, he is bloody fast and intercepts seemingly from nowhere at times. He’s rapidly becoming more and more of a complete player despite his young age and number of games played. He’s arguably the most exciting player to watch for us alongside Day (who also gets huge cheers whenever he goes near it). He plays exciting footy and he‘a got a look that screams marketability. Kids absolutely love him - and they probably couldn’t tell you the first thing about his back story. He just looks cool and plays flashy football. Stats =/= excitement - as Jaeger’s 24 pressure acts over the weekend will tell you. The way CJ plays is exciting - if you think the way Blake Hardwick plays is exciting then you’re just being dishonest, and Hardwick is probably my favourite present Hawk.

To diminish his X-factor and playing ability compared to our other hard working defenders is just bizarre. To suggest he’s only a cult figure because of some feel-good reverse racism - then just shut the fu** up.

This is the second sensible answer Ive read to my question, thank you. You got my point and gave me an answer I hadn’t thought of at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back