Preview Round 1, 2022: Hawks v North, MCG Sunday March 20th at 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn over Phillips and Denver over Hartigan is an indication of Sams intensions. For now anyway. Play youth if it's line ball.
don't think phillips and finn are fighting for the same position honestly

fairly sure that Sam is strongly against Finn on a wing, and nothing I've seen from Finn says otherwise

i reckon Finn is just a placeholder for Bramble/Day until he manages to get a spot as a full-time mid

Travelling down to this one with my little girls. They haven't been to a Hawks game before and I haven't been as a kid for 25 years....

Can you still buy flags outside the ground? My 3 are desperate for one.

Cheers

There’s usually merch on sale outside the ground (I think Hawksnest would be doing that) and inside the ground. Can’t guarantee a flag but I’m fairly certain they’re usually there.

Edit - this is in the email from the club about going on Sunday:

F422BE53-BE04-47C7-980B-E65B91517944.jpeg

There’s usually merch on sale outside the ground (I think Hawksnest would be doing that) and inside the ground. Can’t guarantee a flag but I’m fairly certain they’re usually there.

Edit - this is in the email from the club about going on Sunday:

View attachment 1347712

Thanks mate. I had it in my head that flags were banned, not sure why.

I'll find something.

The most striking difference between the sides is size and running power.

They are carrying ccj, Goldy and xerri.

We have most of our elite runners/workhorses playing
- ward, Moore, Phillips (sub), CJ, Finn (these guys would be the best runners on NMs list)
Our sub-elite runners - Morrison, Mitchell, MacDonald, Lynch, Shiels, Nash ...

We do a makybe diva in this one and overrun them in the second half after a slow start.

Stoked Sammy is riding the wave of youth, going to be a tough 3-4 years ahead but it's good Sam seems willing to play the long game. Fingers crossed it pays dividends down the track.
If there was ever any doubt, I think Sam has made it pretty clear with selection that he will be playing the long game. Not too dissimilar to Clarko when he first took the reigns.

Exciting times but we’ll need to buckle up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will be the youngest team Hawthorn have fielded since Round 1 2006. A new era begins.

2019 Draft
Day (Pick 13) Injured
Maginness (Pick 29) ✅

2020 Draft
Grainger-Barras (Pick 6) ✅
Mitchell (Pick 29)
Downie (Pick 35) Injured

2021 Draft
Ward (Pick 7) ✅
Butler (Pick 23)
MacDonald (Pick 26) ✅

Probably a good thing given we don't have any quality KPP's.
You’re really going to get your fill with your “woe is us” routine this year, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back