Preview Round 1 2022- Hawks v Roos MCG - Sunday March 20- 1.10pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't really know what to make of Hawthorn. It's true that they don't have a lot of high draft pick talent but they've managed to get some good players through other means. They finished the year much stronger than we did last year and they also tend to go well early. I'm expecting us to start this year a lot better than last. A full year under the Noble program, several players who changed roles last year now more settled, another year of experience in the young midfield brigade.

Should be a W for us, but it could go either way. This game will give us a good idea of how long Goldy has left, Ned Reeves is entering his prime and will probably give him a challenge.

Gunston is a key matchup for us I reckon Corr would suit him

leaving Josh Walker on Mitchell Lewis and Mckay on Kosi

turner on Breust

Bonar on wingard

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I'd like to think it was Clarko.

They’ve lost their selling point to trade targets that’s for sure. Even then they shine was starting to fade.

Long term, a fresh set of eyes might be a good thing for them. Mitchell came in and they’ve had two cracks at trading into this year’s draft. Reportedly targeting midfielders. They can see there is a Grand Canyon sized hole in their guts.

They’ve got some nice flanker types in Jiath, Scrimshaw and Day. Where’s the midfield? Ward is a good start. Worpel. What else? You can see why they were keen to get Johnson.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

turner on Breust

Bonar on wingard
All your potential match ups are perfect Z .
Only one I’m not 100% sure on (& I hope I’m wrong) is Bonar on ChadW
Im in the “not convinced” he’s in our best 22 camp .

All your potential match ups are perfect Z .
Only one I’m not 100% sure on (& I hope I’m wrong) is Bonar on ChadW
Im in the “not convinced” he’s in our best 22 camp .

I'd send Bailey to Wingard.

They’ve lost their selling point to trade targets that’s for sure. Even then they shine was starting to fade.

Long term, a fresh set of eyes might be a good thing for them. Mitchell came in and they’ve had two cracks at trading into this year’s draft. Reportedly targeting midfielders. They can see there is a Grand Canyon sized hole in their guts.

They’ve got some nice flanker types in Jiath, Scrimshaw and Day. Where’s the midfield? Ward is a good start. Worpel. What else? You can see why they were keen to get Johnson.

It’s a great challenge first up - a 50/50 opportunity straight up at the G to see we’re we are at and it’s a similarly ranked team!!

we matchup ok

Rd 1 Hawthorn

B: Hardwick, Hartigan, Sicily
HB: Scrimshaw, Grainger-Barrass, Jiath
C: Day, Worpel, Wingard
HF: Moore, Lewis, Gunston
F: Bruest, Koschitzke, Brockman

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Mitchell

Int: Bramble, Impey, Newcombe, Reeves, Day

/1

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Fun fact

In 1993 we played Round 1 at the Mcg which was Carey’s first as Captain.

I was there

The start of our second greatest era
EDIT
I was there, we played Brisbane round 1.
The Hawthorn game was round 13, Friday night at the G. One of the best games I've ever been to. It was a close game that we lost late, I think a Dunstall goal got them over the line.

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
just want to see us look a little more clean with ball in hand. I don't know how to describe it... it's something that has always been a trait.

I'm ok with some off moments, but we really need to break off the 'same old North'.

The same old North that looks sluggish and disinterested is what needs to be wiped out.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
It’s a great challenge first up - a 50/50 opportunity straight up at the G to see we’re we are at and it’s a similarly ranked team!!

we matchup ok

Rd 1 Hawthorn

B: Hardwick, Hartigan, Sicily
HB: Scrimshaw, Grainger-Barrass, Jiath
C: Day, Worpel, Wingard
HF: Moore, Lewis, Gunston
F: Bruest, Koschitzke, Brockman

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Mitchell

Int: Bramble, Impey, Newcombe, Reeves, Day

/1
You have Day as number 5 on the bench. I would expect him to be starting 18.

franjon

Premiership Player
Oct 27, 2004
Altona
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
EDIT
I was there, we played Brisbane round 1.
The Hawthorn game was round 13, Friday night at the G. One of the best games I've ever been to. It was a close game that we lost late, I think a Dunstall goal got them over the line.
Twas the night when Martyn was out and Longmire had to go to full back.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn

turner on Breust

Bonar on wingard
Hi all North fans! I'd say if Corr, McKay, Walker and Bonar/Turner play it'll be

Corr and Gunston
Walker and Kossie
McKay and Lewis
Turner on Breust

And idk with Bonar because Wingers likely plays more mid time like he did post bye 2021 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back