Preview Round 1 2022- Hawks v Roos MCG - Sunday March 20- 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t think our defence needs as much work as you think although 1 or maybe 2 KPD next year are needed.

We have Pérez, Goater Bergman all coming through to replace Ziebel and Hall and the 3rd tall type role. All three are excellent kicks snd very talented - Goater and Pérez are ready to get some games this year, Pérez may cement a spot which he lost due to injury.

Archer is another very aggressive mid sized defender who may surprise a few and could possibly play as early as later in the season.
season but this position is very competitive.

Turner and Corr have 4-5 years plus each so no issues there with having some seniority once Hall snd Ziebel retire.

Ben McKay is a strong Tall. Complimented by Walker at 2 and Corr 3rd tall. We do have a young KPD in McGuiness coming through who should debut late this year that is highly regarded by the coaching staff.

Next year we will recruit 1or 2 KPD by the sound of it to fill some medium term gaps once Walker retires in a year or two.

we have good deapth at the small to medium size , including 3rd tall position. Bonar, Atu, Young and several others others

For this year we have several options in most roles in defence, including Mature recruit Lynch at KPD from Adelaide in case of significant injuries.
Sorry for the late message :D

Idk i can't comment a whole lot clearly but I do enjoy Goater but idk if he's going to be best suited as a defender, wing or midfielder.

Perez, Bergman i haven't seen much from. Archer i am a huge fan of.

McKay yes but idk if relying on older KPD is good, we have the same issue.

Sorry for the late message :D

Idk i can't comment a whole lot clearly but I do enjoy Goater but idk if he's going to be best suited as a defender, wing or midfielder.

Perez, Bergman i haven't seen much from. Archer i am a huge fan of.

McKay yes but idk if relying on older KPD is good, we have the same issue.

the recruitment team has said Hoater will play down back and Goater himself said he plays his best footy down back so we need to assume he will replace Hall or Ziebel

I suggest watching Pérez’ highlights - he’s a ready to go running backmen that has a great kick snd loves a tackle?

Interestingly , Noble said yesterday that he is happy with McGuiness who is coming through nicely but also that he is keen on Bonar and others that provide more run off the backline.

We will recruit another KPD for certain but we have lots of options snd flexibility for this year but perhaps not a heap of depth to replace BMac like for like in a crisis

the recruitment team has said Hoater will play down back and Goater himself said he plays his best footy down back so we need to assume he will replace Hall or Ziebel

I suggest watching Pérez’ highlights - he’s a ready to go running backmen that has a great kick snd loves a tackle?

Interestingly , Noble said yesterday that he is happy with McGuiness who is coming through nicely but also that he is keen on Bonar and others that provide more run off the backline.

We will recruit another KPD for certain but we have lots of options snd flexibility for this year but perhaps not a heap of depth to replace BMac like for like in a crisis
He'd be a replacement for Hall, elite athlete, he'd be good for intercepting aswell with him being taller and super athletic with his jumping.

Good to hear, the more running half backs and intercept options for you the better to replace Hall and Ziebell and to help the lockdown defenders.

Fair enough.

Yeah, it's not so much a present issue either with how good the midfield looks you wont have to worry too much, it's the future.

You might see how it goes R1 with no Cunnington as he's a big out in the midfield.

You might see how it goes R1 with no Cunnington as he's a big out in the midfield.

Thanks for that penetrating insight, much to think about for us North supporters now.

Thanks for that penetrating insight, much to think about for us North supporters now.
Haha it's a bit bland but it's still true, you were without him a few times last year clearly but some new pieces through the draft may make it less of a hurt. Some people with great pre seasons, some with just improvements and so on.

Haha it's a bit bland but it's still true, you were without him a few times last year clearly but some new pieces through the draft may make it less of a hurt. Some people with great pre seasons, some with just improvements and so on.

I expect our mids to take yours to the cleaners again. Cunnington or no Cunnington, they completely embarrassed Hawthorns mids in Tassie this year.

I've got better odds of getting the lottery numbers right than predicting which North Melbourne team will turn up in round 1 of a given year post 2009.

I’m expecting an ambush....

I expect our mids to take yours to the cleaners again. Cunnington or no Cunnington, they completely embarrassed Hawthorns mids in Tassie this year.
It wasn't hard at the time, no Wingard in the midfield was bad till post bye. Mitchell was playing as a backstop behind stoppages and as a half back and both Jaeger and Worpel were everywhere.

Will be way closer this time in there.

Honestly i think Jimmy Cousins was our best mid that day hahahaha.

I've got better odds of getting the lottery numbers right than predicting which North Melbourne team will turn up in round 1 of a given year post 2009.

TBF we were exceedingly consistent under Brad as to which one showed up….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect Greenwood to go a long way to filling the void left by Cunners.

While not Cunners level the guy can play and is mature.

It wasn't hard at the time, no Wingard in the midfield was bad till post bye. Mitchell was playing as a backstop behind stoppages and as a half back and both Jaeger and Worpel were everywhere.

Will be way closer this time in there.

Honestly i think Jimmy Cousins was our best mid that day hahahaha.
Wingard was your best player last time and Mitchell, O'Meara and Worpel all played so not sure how your midfield could improve.

Your bullshit excuses are getting tiresome.

Wingard was your best player last time and Mitchell, O'Meara and Worpel all played so not sure how your midfield could improve.

Your bullshit excuses are getting tiresome.
Did you not read what i said haha, i said that Wingard should've played more midfield, he did all his work up forward which was hard to do when it was barely there. Worpel and O'Meara played like s**t and both played a fair amount not in the midfield and Mitchell was a backstop and half back flank.

Cousins would've been our best midfielder haha.

Not here for arguements, wouldn't like it if someone came onto the Hawks forum with North bs so i'll leave.

Hope for a good game :D

Did you not read what i said haha, i said that Wingard should've played more midfield, he did all his work up forward which was hard to do when it was barely there. Worpel and O'Meara played like sh*t and both played a fair amount not in the midfield and Mitchell was a backstop and half back flank.

Not here for arguements, wouldn't like it if someone came onto the Hawks forum with North bs so i'll leave.

Good idea because you're talking absolute rubbish.

Did you not read what i said haha, i said that Wingard should've played more midfield, he did all his work up forward which was hard to do when it was barely there. Worpel and O'Meara played like sh*t and both played a fair amount not in the midfield and Mitchell was a backstop and half back flank.

I appreciate you giving your insights her Dom, there's been plenty of oppo supporters on our board previously that have been way less gracious, so no ill will from me.

However I will argue the Wingard point, he was pretty heavily in the midfield/wing during our game, just check the tracker below.
Screenshot_20211209-134959_AFL.jpg

If we're being brutally honest, without Wingard, the Hawks probably don't jump out the the early lead and we likely would've had a more convincing win.

But Round 1 2022 will be a different ground, with big changes from the 2 teams that played last season, so who knows what the outcome will be this time around.

I took this team from the Hawthorn board as their potential round one team so i picked my round 1 team based on this from a match up point of view.

Hardwick Frost Scrimshaw
JHF Larkey CCJ

Jiath Grainger-Baras Sicily
Thomas Comben Zurhaar

Phillips Impey Day
Powell Simpkin Steevo

Gunston Koschitzke Moore
Zeibell BMac Hall

Breust Lewis Wingard
Perez Corr LMac

Reeves Mitchell O'Meara
Goldy Greenwood LDU

McEvoy Nash Worpel Brockman
Ford Phillips Taylor Mahoney

I took this team from the Hawthorn board as their potential round one team so i picked my round 1 team based on this from a match up point of view.

Hardwick Frost Scrimshaw
JHF Larkey CCJ

Thomas Comben Zurhaar

Phillips Impey Day
Powell Simpkin Steevo

Gunston Koschitzke Moore
Zeibell BMac Hall

Breust Lewis Wingard
Perez Corr LMac

Reeves Mitchell O'Meara
Goldy Greenwood LDU

I like the team …
But No Jed ?

I appreciate you giving your insights her Dom, there's been plenty of oppo supporters on our board previously that have been way less gracious, so no ill will from me.

However I will argue the Wingard point, he was pretty heavily in the midfield/wing during our game, just check the tracker below.
View attachment 1294976

If we're being brutally honest, without Wingard, the Hawks probably don't jump out the the early lead and we likely would've had a more convincing win.

But Round 1 2022 will be a different ground, with big changes from the 2 teams that played last season, so who knows what the outcome will be this time around.
Feel he ran up and down the ground a fair amount, getting involved. CBA numbers weren't high.

Hardwick Frost Scrimshaw
JHF Larkey CCJ

Thomas Comben Zurhaar

Phillips Impey Day
Powell Simpkin Steevo

Gunston Koschitzke Moore
Zeibell BMac Hall

Breust Lewis Wingard
Perez Corr LMac

Reeves Mitchell O'Meara
Goldy Greenwood LDU

Interesting, i wouldn't have Impey in the guts, Phillips isn't in a fair amount of teams, Brockman is 50/50 and so on with that, can see Bramble, Ward playing.

Interesting, i wouldn't have Impey in the guts, Phillips isn't in a fair amount of teams, Brockman is 50/50 and so on with that, can see Bramble, Ward playing.

Weren't you saying he's the next Cyril Rioli a few weeks ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back