Preview Round 1 2022- Hawks v Roos MCG - Sunday March 20- 1.10pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It’s a great challenge first up - a 50/50 opportunity straight up at the G to see we’re we are at and it’s a similarly ranked team!!

we matchup ok

Rd 1 Hawthorn

B: Hardwick, Hartigan, Sicily
HB: Scrimshaw, Grainger-Barrass, Jiath
C: Day, Worpel, Wingard
HF: Moore, Lewis, Gunston
F: Bruest, Koschitzke, Brockman

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Mitchell

Int: Bramble, Impey, Newcombe, Reeves, Day

/1
Will help out :D

Btw you have Day twice :))

Can you put North's expected best 22?

This is my personal team.

B: Hardwick, Frost, Sicily
B: Scrimshaw, DGB, CJ

Mid: Day, Worpel, Ward

F: Wingard, Kossie, Moore
F: Bruest, Lewis, Gunston

Followers: Reeves, Mitchell, O'Meara

Interchange: McEvoy, Butler, Bramble, Impey

But can see Newcombe/Nash being here 100%.

Will help out :D

Btw you have Day twice :))

Can you put North's expected best 22?

This is my personal team.

B: Hardwick, Frost, Sicily
B: Scrimshaw, DGB, CJ

Mid: Day, Worpel, Ward

F: Wingard, Kossie, Moore
F: Bruest, Lewis, Gunston

Followers: Reeves, Mitchell, O'Meara

Interchange: McEvoy, Butler, Bramble, Impey

But can see Newcombe/Nash being here 100%.

B: Turner Mckay Corr
HB: Ziebell Walker Hall
C: Powell LDU McDonald
HF: Thomas Comben Sleevo
F: Taylor Larkey Zurhaar
R: Goldy Simpkin Phillips
I: CCJ, JHF, Bonar,greenwood

Emg: Goater Jed Ford Lazzaro Hayden Mahony Xerri Perez scott

Cunners unavailable

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
B: Turner Mckay Corr
HB: Ziebell Walker Hall
C: Powell LDU McDonald
HF: Thomas Comben Sleevo
F: Taylor Larkey Zurhaar
R: Goldy Simpkin Phillips
I: CCJ, JHF, Bonar,greenwood

Emg: Goater Jed Ford Lazzaro Hayden Mahony Xerri Perez scott

Cunners unavailable
Love Cunners, hope he feels better soon.

Still not a fan of the defense but holy the midfield looks great.

Powell, LDU, Thomas, Stevo, JHF, Simpkin and Phillips from just the kids.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Love Cunners, hope he feels better soon.

Still not a fan of the defense but holy the midfield looks great.

Powell, LDU, Thomas, Stevo, JHF, Simpkin and Phillips from just the kids.
Forward line starting to come together. Need another key defender but hopefully we can get second rounders Perez and Goater into defense sooner than later.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Forward line starting to come together. Need another key defender but hopefully we can get second rounders Perez and Goater into defense sooner than later.
Can't comment much on Perez but Goater will likely be a mid (again) or wing. Will start off a defender tho but you have way too much work to do there. It looks terrible long term imo, your best defender was Hall (probably) barring McKay and Ziebell who are both 30+. Turner is good but he's 26 on the 31st and will be 27 end of next year.

I do like McKay tho, he looks awesome. Just think it's defenders, defenders, defenders for the next few drafts and probably forwards with both small and mid sized forwards to go with a key forward to be alongside CCJ and Larkey. Ruck ofc (if Edwards is a fwd or ruc) no real 100% next ruck.

Maybe a proper winger aswell in the mold of a Isaac Smith or Brad/Stephen Hill or Scully 2016. Like that gut running, link up winger who is just elite. Not just a midfielder on a wing.

trait.

I'm ok with some off moments, but we really need to break off the 'same old North'.
Can't comment much on Perez but Goater will likely be a mid (again) or wing. Will start off a defender tho but you have way too much work to do there. It looks terrible long term imo, your best defender was Hall (probably) barring McKay and Ziebell who are both 30+. Turner is good but he's 26 on the 31st and will be 27 end of next year.

I do like McKay tho, he looks awesome. Just think it's defenders, defenders, defenders for the next few drafts and probably forwards with both small and mid sized forwards to go with a key forward to be alongside CCJ and Larkey. Ruck ofc (if Edwards is a fwd or ruc) no real 100% next ruck.

Maybe a proper winger aswell in the mold of a Isaac Smith or Brad/Stephen Hill or Scully 2016. Like that gut running, link up winger who is just elite. Not just a midfielder on a wing.

I don’t think our defence needs as much work as you think although 1 or maybe 2 KPD next year are needed.

We have Pérez, Goater Bergman all coming through to replace Ziebel and Hall and the 3rd tall type role. All three are excellent kicks snd very talented - Goater and Pérez are ready to get some games this year, Pérez may cement a spot which he lost due to injury.

Archer is another very aggressive mid sized defender who may surprise a few and could possibly play as early as later in the season.
season but this position is very competitive.

Turner and Corr have 4-5 years plus each so no issues there with having some seniority once Hall snd Ziebel retire.

Ben McKay is a strong Tall. Complimented by Walker at 2 and Corr 3rd tall. We do have a young KPD in McGuiness coming through who should debut late this year that is highly regarded by the coaching staff.

Next year we will recruit 1or 2 KPD by the sound of it to fill some medium term gaps once Walker retires in a year or two.

we have good deapth at the small to medium size , including 3rd tall position. Bonar, Atu, Young and several others others

For this year we have several options in most roles in defence, including Mature recruit Lynch at KPD from Adelaide in case of significant injuries.

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think our backline is ok?

It was remarkable how good it held up before Tarrant came back in (after the Rd 3 spanking)

Walker will need to be replaced, but we've got plans in place for that.

Our only problem right now is consistent defensive pressure. Always been a problem and it does disrupt momentum swings.

I think our backline is ok?

It was remarkable how good it held up before Tarrant came back in (after the Rd 3 spanking)

Walker will need to be replaced, but we've got plans in place for that.

Our only problem right now is consistent defensive pressure. Always been a problem and it does disrupt momentum swings.

it’s actually our forward snd midfield pressure as well.

It was like the Battle of Britain during D Day down in our defence at times last year and often in recent years that leaves them exposed!!

With our midfield maturing now we and improvements on all lines it should tighten up and give the backs a fighting chance next season!

franjon

Premiership Player
Oct 27, 2004
Altona
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
it’s actually our forward snd midfield pressure as well.

It was like the Battle of Britain during D Day down in our defence at times last year and often in recent years that leaves them exposed!!

With our midfield maturing now we and improvements on all lines it should tighten up and give the backs a fighting chance next season!
The battle of Britain, unless we're talking about the second world war, was just a piss-driven punch up. The rest I pretty much agree. I'm still a little nervous about the injury situation and will remain that way until they prove otherwise.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne

You should stop worrying about our backline, & start worrying about your own midfield & forward line, Magic Dommy.

Fun fact

In 1993 we played Round 1 at the Mcg which was Carey’s first as Captain.

I was there

The start of our second greatest era
I was there as well. It wasn't a great game, but we won. Brisbane scored far too much though

Last edited:
EDIT
I was there, we played Brisbane round 1.
The Hawthorn game was round 13, Friday night at the G. One of the best games I've ever been to. It was a close game that we lost late, I think a Dunstall goal got them over the line.
Was it the game when Martyn was injured or suspended, and Longmire played on Dunstall?

The battle of Britain, unless we're talking about the second world war, was just a piss-driven punch up. The rest I pretty much agree. I'm still a little nervous about the injury situation and will remain that way until they prove otherwise.

I was referencing the 2 bd world war relentless attack - there have been matched when it’s felt like we were relentlessly peppered all day , unable to stop the ball coming out of our forward 50, through the midfield and our gutsy defenders did their best

I 100% agree on the injury list - we have suffered terribly for 5+ years so until we can prove otherwise, it’s a risk

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mahony to kick 7

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back