Preview Round 1 2022- Hawks v Roos MCG - Sunday March 20- 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wingard must be faster than Cyril then - because Lmac gave Cyril 15 metres and caught him.
Haha, if you're talking about what i think you are you're joking right? Someone not even jogging aiming for goal, after stop starting for a fair amount of time getting chased by a bloke he had no idea was there (Luke) isn't exactly brag worthy.

Idk, Luke doesn't seem to have that change of pace that Chad would, he'd keep up with Sloane easier.

He’s quick enough. TBH I don’t think the coaches would even put a run with defender that would go with Chad when he goes in the middle. Our midfield is our biggest strength so I’m not sure they’d want to * up the rotations unless Chad was having a career best season.

He’s quick enough. TBH I don’t think the coaches would even put a run with defender that would go with Chad when he goes in the middle. Our midfield is our biggest strength so I’m not sure they’d want to fu** up the rotations unless Chad was having a career best season.
Fair, i would if Hawthorn started winning stoppages to feed Wingard, or if he was doing what he was late in the year and getting his own ball and exploding from stoppage like a 20 year old.

Worpel, DGB, CJ. And that giant ruckman they pulled out the Mt Waverley IIIs. Hawks have some decent kids too.

I'd hope we can overpower them in the midfield but on other lines it's not that clear cut.
They would be quite confident going into that match. It's a genuine 50/50 game. Given the rest of our fixture, it's absolutely vital that we win it, as we have a very hard first 10 weeks. However, we aren't in a position to start favorites against anyone at this stage. And we'll have 30% of the side who have never even played at the G.

Couldn't see a best 22 on page 1

But surely your not playing all of Goldstein, CCJ, Larkey and Comben in the same side?

Especially when you have guys like T.Thomas JHF, Zurhaar and even Stephenson out of the goal square as an option aswell in the side forward of centre (All capable overhead or out of the goal square)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But surely your not playing all of Goldstein, CCJ, Larkey and Comben in the same side?

Especially when you have guys like T.Thomas JHF, Zurhaar and even Stephenson out of the goal square as an option aswell in the side forward of centre (All capable overhead or out of the goal square)
I know, awesome isn't it.

I have them all in the side

all fairly mobile

no different to many teams that play that many talls

I have them all in the side

all fairly mobile

no different to many teams that play that many talls
2 are basically future rucks and all above 198cm

Do many play 4 above 198cm in the front half?

2 are basically future rucks and all above 198cm

Do many play 4 above 198cm in the front half?
Many play 2 rucks and 2 key talls
Or 1 ruck and 3 key talls

The premiers dees for example Gawn Jackson Brown and McDonald
and they use fritsch as a medium

you can even rotate one off the bench

Many play 2 rucks and 2 key talls
Or 1 ruck and 3 key talls

The premiers dees for example Gawn Jackson Brown and McDonald
and they use fritsch as a medium

you can even rotate one off the bench
Yeh I'd just say Jackson, Mcdonald move better than all of them and BB probably not far behind them 2

I'll be extremely surprised to see all 4 round 1 but that's just me

Yeh I'd just say Jackson, Mcdonald move better than all of them and BB probably not far behind them 2

I’d say they are all comparable

Geelong another as an example who use tomahawk, Cameron, esava
Then have Stanley in the ruck

lions with Daniher, mcstay, hipwood when not injured and micinerny ruck

could give more examples

most teams I think are moving towards this structure to give more height around the ground and the bail out kick but also have options inside 50

You played Draper/Phillips, Hooker, Wright and Jones regularly this year.

In round one we will play the Hawks that will probably go with Reeves, McEvoy, Kosi and Lewis.

You played Draper/Phillips, Hooker, Wright and Jones regularly this year.

In round one we will play the Hawks that will probably go with Reeves, McEvoy, Kosi and Lewis.
And it didn't work

We finished with just a 192cm Francis and Wright

I just think we're comparing different athletes when comparing a L.Jackson, Mcdonald, J.Cameron, Hawkins, Kozi, Lewis to CCJ and Larkey

Also don't reckon cats played all 4 together that much

I also think it's even less likely with you guys having the other option that can play out if the goal square and/or have good aerial ability

And it didn't work

We finished with just a 192cm Francis and Wright

I just think we're comparing different athletes when comparing a L.Jackson, Mcdonald, J.Cameron, Hawkins, Kozi, Lewis to CCJ and Larkey

Also don't reckon cats played all 4 together that much

I also think it's even less likely with you guys having the other option that can play out if the goal square and/or have good aerial ability

The fact Hooker was cooked by the end of the year and Jones broke his foot probably contributed.

Mate Comben moves like an on baller , larkey played wing for vic metro , Goldy runs all day and CCJ I haven’t really seen.
Time will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back