Preview Round 1 2022- Hawks v Roos MCG - Sunday March 20- 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 are basically future rucks and all above 198cm

Do many play 4 above 198cm in the front half?
If playing those key talls together in one side is every going to work, MCG is the ground for it.

Last edited:
Couldn't see a best 22 on page 1

But surely your not playing all of Goldstein, CCJ, Larkey and Comben in the same side?

Especially when you have guys like T.Thomas JHF, Zurhaar and even Stephenson out of the goal square as an option aswell in the side forward of centre (All capable overhead or out of the goal square)

good observation - I donā€™t think itā€™s clear how the talls will line up yet. People are bullish on Comben so canā€™t see a way he misses out.

CCJ and Comben are very nimble and agile big men so only time will tell if they could possibly line up together.

you pretty much named the forward line with CCJ and Goldie splitting ruck and forward - Comben likely to miss out early until he can prove his fitness and see what happens

I have seen some like my mate have Comben off the bench like the below he shared recently- itā€™s possible so giess but I can see it happening early.

Attachments

• BD4625C1-B2C0-4152-9F12-7DC9603147FF.jpeg
    BD4625C1-B2C0-4152-9F12-7DC9603147FF.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 74
good observation - I donā€™t think itā€™s clear how the talls will line up yet. People are bullish on Comben so canā€™t see a way he misses out.

CCJ and Comben are very nimble and agile big men so only time will tell if they could possibly line up together.

you pretty much named the forward line with CCJ and Goldie splitting ruck and forward - Comben likely to miss out early until he can prove his fitness and see what happens

I have seen some like my mate have Comben off the bench like the below he shared recently- itā€™s possible so giess but I can see it happening early.
It could 'maybe' work if your only playing Comben around that 50% TOG

Also think if there showing that much form in VFL and the other 2 talls are still performing then it will have to occur especially if one of those others I mentioned are injured or dropped

I don't see CCJ as particularly nimble or good at applying pressure. Think he's a great pickup because he is a capable forward and could be an excellent future ruck but he's a tall bean stalk that moves like Vardy

It could 'maybe' work if your only playing Comben around that 50% TOG

Also think if there showing that much form in VFL and the other 2 talls are still performing then it will have to occur especially if one of those others I mentioned are injured or dropped

I don't see CCJ as particularly nimble or good at applying pressure. Think he's a great pickup because he is a capable forward and could be an excellent future ruck but he's a tall bean stalk that moves like Vardy

Yeah if they all in great form things can possible work.

Nimble isnā€™t the sod for CCJ but he seems very agile and pretty good below his knees - better forward than ruck but will play second fiddle to Goldy and then Xerri if we can keep him.

Good thing is we have a ton of options snd a healthy list - lots of other mid/ small options too that will push hard, Mahony, Curtis Taylor , Philips , Spicer, Young Curtis - a few others all training ok and we donā€™t really know other than Mahoney & Taylor whoā€™s going to put their names forward for round one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't watched much of him at the hawks but he was an absolute gun at Port and would only be late 20s now?
28 now i think, 27-28, was unreal late in the year was averaging probably 30 touches a game late and for a player of his calibre that's alot, he's just so damaging with it, gets it inside and outside, pushes forward and gives 110% every game.

28 now i think, 27-28, was unreal late in the year was averaging probably 30 touches a game late and for a player of his calibre that's alot, he's just so damaging with it, gets it inside and outside, pushes forward and gives 110% every game.
Genuine freakish player.

He's a front running squib who only plays well against crap teams. There is a reason you tried to trade him out.
Woah, clearly not. Some of his best games have been high on the pressure and tackles chart. Watch some games please. Also he was consistently elite back end of the year and his first game of the year was a ripper vs Geelong.

Dayum, your brother is hard to please. Wingard is a very good pressure mid. Has pinged hammies defensively running haha

He doesnā€™t comment much, no need to get on your high horse when youā€™ve recently won multiple premierships.

Other quote from him was when we picked up Hartung. The Roos even had highlighted what he would deliver in preseason with his pace. Told me day one that this bloke is a turnover king, you donā€™t want him getting the ball, how right he was!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

He doesnā€™t comment much, no need to get on your high horse when youā€™ve recently won multiple premierships.

Other quote from him was when we picked up Hartung. The Roos even had highlighted what he would deliver in preseason with his pace. Told me day one that this bloke is a turnover king, you donā€™t want him getting the ball, how right he was!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
He wasnā€™t wrong re Hartung.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back