Prediction Round 1 2022 Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some real diversity in where Impey is being selected.

My feeling is that if we stick w/ Hardwick, Scrimshaw, Siciliy and DGB in the back, as well as Hardwick, we need frost or another speedy player back there to give us pace coming out of defence.

Some real diversity in where Impey is being selected.

My feeling is that if we stick w/ Hardwick, Scrimshaw, Siciliy and DGB in the back, as well as Hardwick, we need frost or another speedy player back there to give us pace coming out of defence.
Jiath?

Personally the aspect about Phillips game which most disappointed me this year was his low possession numbers.

Fair enough he is not flashy but he only averaged 18 possessions a game which is pretty low for a modern midfielder.

With his style of game he has to be aiming to average mid 20 possessions if he wants to keep his spot.

Bramble averaged 18 possessions as well but he had a lot more run and carry across this 18.
That is a fair comment. The upside is that his career possession average is 21 and over 2018/19 averaged nearly 25. I think he will get back to his career average or higher next season. He gets to the right spots but is still getting used to our players and our pattern of play and the existing group is still learning about him.

Has Day got the endurance to play on the wing? Bramble sure, but not sure Day wouldn't be better off setting play up from HB...

I'd swap him with CJ, I would love to see him make the wing his.
Day covers a lot of territory from the back line. I reckon that with another pre-season under his belt, he will be fine to take a wing.

B. Hardwick DGB Scrimshaw
HB. Jiath ? Day
C. Bramble Ward Downie
HF. Moore Lewis Jeka
F. Butler Kosi Brockman

R. Reeves MacDonald Worpel
IC. Maginness Newcombe Serong Saunders

A 5 years from now best 22 highlights only one major deficiency. Need another 1 or 2 tall defenders and our next era is kicked straight into full gear.

B. Hardwick DGB Scrimshaw
HB. Jiath ? Day
C. Bramble Ward Downie
HF. Moore Lewis Jeka
F. Butler Kosi Brockman

R. Reeves MacDonald Worpel
IC. Maginness Newcombe Serong Saunders

A 5 years from now best 22 highlights only one major deficiency. Need another 1 or 2 tall defenders and our next era is kicked straight into full gear.
Callow for the gorilla role. He's big, reads the ball well and has a mean streak about him. Give him a year to sort his endurance and he goes right in after Harts moves on.

I would have the following:
B: Hardwick, DGB, Frost
HB: Jiath, Sicily, Scrimshaw
C: Day, Ward, Impey
HF: Breust, Koschitzke, Moore
F: Gunston, Lewis, Wingard
R: McEvoy, Mitchell, O’Meara
INT: Worpel, Nash, Lynch/Reeves, Bramble

Also for matches where Gorilla FF are would have Hartigan and move Scrimshaw to center and drop Impey.
I think we might keep Impey ahead of Nash but it is great our best 22 is getting harder to pick.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Big year for Lewis and to lesser extent Kosi and Jeka. By the end of the year expect we’ll have a far better idea if we have the kpf we need or we need to go back to the draft. Lewis looks like has put in hard yards to date. Kosi seems to rely on his athleticism and competitveness rather than football nous, interested to see how he builds on this year. Jeka has all the skills but his appetite for contest is the big query.

If Callow also made it as a kpd we’ll be laughing - but way too early on him. Hasn’t even played a game down back at BH.

I would have the following:
C: Day, Ward, Impey
F: Gunston, Lewis, Wingard
R: McEvoy, Mitchell, O’Meara
INT: Worpel, Nash, Lynch/Reeves, Bramble

Also for matches where Gorilla FF are would have Hartigan and move Scrimshaw to center and drop Impey.
Drop Impey. WTF?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big year for Lewis and to lesser extent Kosi and Jeka. By the end of the year expect we’ll have a far better idea if we have the kpf we need or we need to go back to the draft. Lewis looks like has put in hard yards to date. Kosi seems to rely on his athleticism and competitveness rather than football nous, interested to see how he builds on this year. Jeka has all the skills but his appetite for contest is the big query.

If Callow also made it as a kpd we’ll be laughing - but way too early on him. Hasn’t even played a game down back at BH.
Very much agree re: Lewis.

I was super excited to see him impose himself at CHF this season (2022), but the apparent* off season muscle-up could well mean he plays as a F50m FF.

He could well slim down before March 2022 & enjoy the gains made since September (of course) - I'd still love him at CHF...

HB- & HF-line are hardest to select IMO, for very different reasons.

We could play more of a mobile HF-line:

HF: Moore.....Gunston......Wingard (with JO'M, Day & Phillips rotating through).

Or, Jeka could come in & make the role his own (how awesome would that be?).

*obviously can't tell much from 1-3 pics but he appears much more defined. Maybe he's dropped weight & (in still pics) looks 'bigger' as a result? Or maybe he's just bigger :think: :shrug:

C: Howe, Mitchell, Day
HF: Gunston, Koschitzke, Moore
F: Breust, Lewis, Brockman
R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Wingard
INT: Nash, Impey, Bramble, Reeves,
Emergency: Worpel (not suggesting for one second he won't be there, just want to leave Howe in on the wing and Nash in the middle), Newcombe, Downie, Hartigan, Phillips, Lynch,

McEvoy can pinch hit in defense or forward if someone goes down. Feel like Impey can play on at least 3 lines also, massive luxury to include him on the bench.

Ward might be ready at some stage, but given our history very few youngsters debut rd 1, after their draft year. Feel like Howe deserves more love after his massive improvement last year, he was pretty damn good in the home stretch. Seamus Mitchell a smokey to be unleashed in the forward half if Sam is happy with his preseason. It would only take the likes of Ward and S. Mitchell to break in next year, and we'd be starting to look a lot faster given Nash, Bramble and Impey are likely to be there to compliment Jiath, Frost and Brockman.

Last edited:
C: Howe, Mitchell, Day
F: Gunston, Lewis, Brockman
R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Wingard
INT: Nash, Worpel, Reeves, Newcombe/Downie
Emergency: Hartigan, Phillips, Lynch, O'Brien* (may be a windup selection)
Impey & Bramble unlucky to miss.

Where you playing them & who comes out?

I wanted to keep Howe in on that wing, and wanted Kosi in with Gunston at half forward... which meant I had to squeeze an on baller out. Given the midfield of Titch, JOM and Worpel hasn't ever quite clicked, I left Worpel out.

I don't think for one second he'll be out come round one, just feel like you could go either way with that one wing and the forward line.

Have them both in as midfield rotation/coverage off half back or wing to actually answer the question. Starting on the bench.

Where you playing them & who comes out?

Bramble would be the first wingman picked wouldn't he, based on his impact this year and what might be possible in 2022? His run and carry was top shelf and other other wingmen don't have that in their game and it is something we need.

Bramble would be the first wingman picked wouldn't he, based on his impact this year and what might be possible in 2022? His run and carry was top shelf and other other wingmen don't have that in their game and it is something we need.
His delivery inside F50m (especially to Moore) is bloody good as well

I definitely don't think that's wrong, but do you drop Day back to the HBF, or leave out Howe to get him on a wing? Bramble also has a few more tricks inside the contest than the average wingman.

I had Bramble playing off the bench. I figure he and Impey both have the versatility and ability to play anywhere from HFF through to HBF, and in the case of Bramble, maybe even in the centre.

We're stacked across that HBF line and they don't all fit there assuming they're all fit. A bunch of talented guys in Bramble, Day, Howe (with a point of difference) along with Downie waiting in the wings and Phillips can play there (similar but not the same as Howe in that he brings a big body and marking/ aggression to the table).

I'd almost bet we see Ward on a wing at some stage too, and maybe one or two of the other younger players.

I definitely don't think that's wrong, but do you drop Day back to the HBF, or leave out Howe to get him on a wing? Bramble also has a few more tricks inside the contest than the average wingman.

I had Bramble playing off the bench. I figure he and Impey both have the versatility and ability to play anywhere from HFF through to HBF, and in the case of Bramble, maybe even in the centre.

We're stacked across that HBF line and they don't all fit there assuming they're all fit. A bunch of talented guys in Bramble, Day, Howe (with a point of difference) along with Downie waiting in the wings and Phillips can play there (similar but not the same as Howe in that he brings a big body and marking/ aggression to the table).

I'd almost bet we see Ward on a wing at some stage too, and maybe one or two of the other younger players.

I doubt Howe would be playing. Bramble and Day are and will be better wingmen for us moving forward.

Based on last seasons round 23 side we will have - Day, Gunston, Breust, Brockman, Moore, Sicily, Impey and CJ returning. That doesn't include DGB, or any of the youngsters/draftees that take the next step.

Guys like Howe, Phillips and Morrison will not see the field, barring a speight of injuries IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back