Not open for further replies.
Hardback - Hartigan - D.G.Barass
Sicily - Frost - W.Day (Scrimshaw)
Bramble - JOM - Jiath (L.Shiels)
Moore - Kozi - Wingard
Gunston - M.Lewis - Breust (Impey)
Mcevoy - Titchell - Worpel (J.Ward)

Missing: Nash, Newcombe, Reeves/M.Lynch, Brockman

Think Sam Mitchell will try win games early on. Then play those younger guys that are missing for guys like Shiels, Bramble and no doubt injuries to the regular injury prone Gunstons

Think North play
P.Spicer/P.Curtis - CCJ - Zurhaar
T.Thomas - Larkey - J.H Francis

5 of those very good overhead and also Stephenson aswell. Hartigan required for CCJ. Frost or DGB for Larkey and the other for Zurhaar
Needs more Jekalenko.

I was revisiting the 22 last night, and tried to also do a Box Hill side ....it's bloody tough. I can't fit everyone in that I thought we'd have in the best 22. good problem to have, and our depth is building.

HFC 22 - bolded those who will be new from Round 23 2021.

FB: Hardwick Hartigan DGB
HB: Jiath Sicily Scrimshaw
C: Day Wingard Bramble
HF: Breust Lewis Gunston
FF: Brockman Kosi McEvoy
FOLL: Reeves, Worpel, T.Mitchell

Inter: Ward, Moore, Impey, O’Meara

Emergency: Frost, Jeka, Maginness, Lynch

Box Hill

FB: Morris, Frost, Serong
HB: Morrison, Howe, Phillips
C: Saunders, Shiels, Downie
HF: Long, Jeka, MacDonald
FF: S.Mitchell, Callow, Butler

FOLL: Lynch, Maginness, Newcombe

Inter: Nash, O’Hara**

** I'd imagine we try to get him a game elsewhere, before dropping him into VFL.

I was revisiting the 22 last night, and tried to also do a Box Hill side ....it's bloody tough. I can't fit everyone in that I thought we'd have in the best 22. good problem to have, and our depth is building.

Box Hill

** I'd imagine we try to get him a game elsewhere, before dropping him into VFL.
No frost?

Box Hill

I like that team.

I'd have frost in front of Hartigan, don't think theirs massive power forwards in every team now like a Hawkins, Kennedy. Also think by round 10 Mcevoy if not captain should be phased out or rested a few weeks, like Maginness to be getting a chance from the bench.

Also Butler, Mcdonald, Downie should all aim for 5-10 games by end of next year.

I agree. However, Frost can only replace DGB or Hardwick. Who else could we take out?
We need all the mids for rotations. Maybe one ruck but is possible but would need more responsibilities for others to shoulder the load.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Frost can play over Hartigan. Hartigan plays against big forwards like Hawkins

Box Hill

That's a really interesting Box Hill side, considering that Mascitti, Aducci and Greene slot in there too and a 23rd man.

That's a really interesting Box Hill side, considering that Mascitti, Aducci and Greene slot in there too and a 23rd man.
Yeah, thats the other side of it too....we will always have injures to open up spots.

Pretty much exactly mine...but, like a few others, mine has the Frost and Hartigan spots reversed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Box Hill

I think it will be interesting to see how our VFL team lines up especially if Shiels and Phillips are in there. Personally I’d like to see Duke, Nash, Finn, MacDonald, S.Mitchell and Butler as the centre square rotations or at least getting as many as they are able to.

Let them develop as much as possible.

I think our forward line will be interesting to see especially with Gunston back and a resting ruckman up there. We run the risk of being very short on defensive pressure.

Breust can provide elite pressure and Brockman and Moore can provide good pressure but certainly not elite. Kosi is good for a tall but we won’t get much out of Lewis, Gunston, McEvoy/Reeves/Lynch.

I think our forward line will be interesting to see especially with Gunston back and a resting ruckman up there. We run the risk of being very short on defensive pressure.

Breust can provide elite pressure and Brockman and Moore can provide good pressure but certainly not elite. Kosi is good for a tall but we won’t get much out of Lewis, Gunston, McEvoy/Reeves/Lynch.
If we’re marking it more often, we won’t need as much ground ball pressure.

Did this one just now assuming everyone is fit...

FB: Hardwick Frost DGB
HB: Impey Sicily Bramble

C: Jiath T.Mitchell Day
R: McEvoy Wingard O'Meara

HF: Moore Kosi Gunston
FF: Breust Lewis Brockman

Int: Reeves Worpel Scrimshaw Shiels
EMG: Lynch Howe Hartigan Phillips

...but I'm expecting once we've seen the community series games there could be half a dozen names not even on the emergency list who will have made a good case for their inclusion.

Did this one just now assuming everyone is fit...

FB: Hardwick Frost DGB
HB: Impey Sicily Bramble

C: Jiath T.Mitchell Day
R: McEvoy Wingard O'Meara

HF: Moore Kosi Gunston
FF: Breust Lewis Brockman

Int: Reeves Worpel Scrimshaw Shiels
EMG: Lynch Howe Hartigan Phillips

...but I'm expecting once we've seen the community series games there could be half a dozen names not even on the emergency list who will have made a good case for their inclusion.
Hardwick, Frost, Sicily
Jiath, DGB, Scrimshaw

Bramble, O'Meara, Day
Reeves, Worpel, Mitchell

Wingard, Kossie, Moore
Breust, Lewis, Gunston

Brockman, Maginness, Ward, Impey

McEvoy maybe.

Last edited:
Hardwick, Frost, Sicily
Jiath, DGB, Scrimshaw

Bramble, O'Meara, Day
Reeves, Worpel, Mitchell

Wingard, Kossie, Moore
Breust, Lewis, Gunston

Brockman, Scrimshaw, Ward, Impey

McEvoy maybe.
Impey when fit is one of our best players. He's missed a lot of footy in recent years but let's not forget what he's capable of. I wouldn't be relegating him to player 22.

Shiels and McEvoy are certainly going to be vulnerable to losing their spots but it's not necessarily going to happen by round 1. Not for Ward before we've even seen him play against AFL players in the community series. Ward is one of the half dozen or so I expect to make a serious case, but at this point it's still just pre-season hype. Finn or Downie just as likely at this stage.

Impey when fit is one of our best players. He's missed a lot of footy in recent years but let's not forget what he's capable of. I wouldn't be relegating him to player 22.

Shiels and McEvoy are certainly going to be vulnerable to losing their spots but it's not necessarily going to happen by round 1. Not for Ward before we've even seen him play against AFL players in the community series. Ward is one of the half dozen or so I expect to make a serious case, but at this point it's still just pre-season hype. Finn or Downie just as likely at this stage.
It's more there so he can go wherever needed, whether that's fwd, wing or as a half back. Could relegate Scrimshaw to this who will spend more time as a mid/wing aswell as defense and same with Day, all versatile.

Yeah idk, i really really don't wanna see Shiels much if at all tbh, so many options now and i just don't rate him anymore, McEvoy will play but will likely be replaced by Lynch and or both left out for one ruck and have Lewis do the rucking, but it'd be tough on Reeves so maybe Brock out for Macca and Impey can help both defense and forward.

Ward is an early call but i genuinely believe he'll play, mid, wing or half forward and have an impact and i put Scrim twice so i'll bring in Maginness.

Box Hill

Nash goes from damaging mid in the AFL to interchange for Box Hill. Has something bad happened in Ireland?

How hard is this task! And predict the Rd1 best 22 being quite different by the end of the year due to players putting their best foot forward under a new coach. Exciting times ……. hold onto your hats fellow Hawks!

It's more there so he can go wherever needed, whether that's fwd, wing or as a half back. Could relegate Scrimshaw to this who will spend more time as a mid/wing aswell as defense and same with Day, all versatile.

Yeah idk, i really really don't wanna see Shiels much if at all tbh, so many options now and i just don't rate him anymore, McEvoy will play but will likely be replaced by Lynch and or both left out for one ruck and have Lewis do the rucking, but it'd be tough on Reeves so maybe Brock out for Macca and Impey can help both defense and forward.

Ward is an early call but i genuinely believe he'll play, mid, wing or half forward and have an impact and i put Scrim twice so i'll bring in Maginness.
Fair enough on Impey then. Scrimshaw was only on my bench for the same reason.

For the sake of progress I do hope Shiels and McEvoy have been forced out of the side by mid-season. Just too early in the pre-season for me to replace them with a name that can't be known until some actual footy is played. I did consider not sharing the team for that reason but I'd already gone to the effort of working it all out haha.

I'm also confident Ward will play games early and expect when I redo this after the community series he'll at least be firmly among the emergencies.

Nash goes from damaging mid in the AFL to interchange for Box Hill. Has something bad happened in Ireland?
Where’s your side?

How hard is this task! And predict the Rd1 best 22 being quite different by the end of the year due to players putting their best foot forward under a new coach. Exciting times ……. hold onto your hats fellow Hawks!
Yeah hopefully another year of transition.

No offense to Howe, Morrison, Sheils and Phillips (all terrific depth in a strong squad and will play a lot of games, especially with covid chaos) but hopefully they are not in our best 22 by the end of the year.

A pre season show down in the centre sqaure will also be worth watching

Reeves, O'meara, Worple, Mitchell
Vs
Lynch, McGuiness, Nash, Newcomb
(Mcdonald, Ward, Butler)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back