Prediction Round 1 2022 Team

Remove this Banner Ad

It must be weird being a young player in a team environment like that, being friends with them, but also hoping like mad for your own opportunity.
Meaning you either need someone to play worse than you, or to get injured.
It’s only if you don’t back yourself in you’re hoping for them to play worse. The real alpha types know the senior players are good and want to earn the spot by playing even better than them. They do what Sam Walsh did and think why can’t I have Paddy Cripps spot as the best mid in the team? Now Crippa is the sidekick to the 20 year old

It’s only if you don’t back yourself in you’re hoping for them to play worse. The real alpha types know the senior players are good and want to earn the spot by playing even better than them. They do what Sam Walsh did and think why can’t I have Paddy Cripps spot as the best mid in the team? Now Crippa is the sidekick to the 20 year old
Competition for spots can only be a good thing, it can really help improve the team, and drive it back on to the path towards finalsville... I reckon.

Last edited:

I think Paton will be playing at Sandy early in the season for match conditioning, as you don't just bounce back from a badly broken leg.

I feel the same way, but some on here have said that he has been training really well.

The big question for me is whether Geary will walk straight back in.

I feel the same way, but some on here have said that he has been training really well.

The big question for me is whether Geary will walk straight back in.

If Geary plays much next year it will be a miracle or a disaster.

If Geary plays much next year it will be a miracle or a disaster.

I don’t expect Geary to play early for the same reason that I think Paton won’t. His body just won’t be ready.

But we frequently forget here what a brave and effective shut down defender Geary is. He also helps organise a team in field and isn’t shy to use his voice.

Again, the question is whether he is perfect depth or the best executor of a required role.

I don’t expect Geary to play early for the same reason that I think Paton won’t. His body just won’t be ready.

But we frequently forget here what a brave and effective shut down defender Geary is. He also helps organise a team in field and isn’t shy to use his voice.

Again, the question is whether he is perfect depth or the best executor of a required role.
Purely my view based on bits and pieces from games and off-field clips from the club, but I think Howard and Wilkie are two that are filling that “direction” role down back more and more which is really important. A firing Paton is our #1 small def, so hopefully those two things mean we aren’t leaning on Gears for much any longer.

B: highmore Howard Webster
Hb: Sinclair Wilkie coffield
C: hill crouch Clark
Hf: billings membrey Higgins
F: Sharman king Gresham
Foll: Marshall Jones Steele
Int: battle Ross Byrnes butler

emer: Paton Hannebery Geary wanganeen

Saints 22:
B: Paton, Wilkie, Highmore
HB: Hill, Howard, Sinclair
C: Clark, Steele, Hannebery
HF: Billings, Marshall, Higgins
F: Membrey, King, Butler
R: Ryder, Crouch, Gresham

Int: Jones, Byrnes, McKenzie, Bytel

Sandy 22:
B: Webster, Joyce, Allison
HB: Coffield, Battle, Connolly
C: Wanganeen-Milera, Ross, Owens
HF: Kent, Sharman, Long
F: Heath, Wood, Geary
R: Campbell, Windhager, Hayes

I really wanted to fit the GOAT Sharman in the starting 22 but couldn't find a spot.

Saints 22:
B: Paton, Wilkie, Highmore
HB: Hill, Howard, Sinclair
C: Clark, Steele, Hannebery
HF: Billings, Marshall, Higgins
F: Membrey, King, Butler
R: Ryder, Crouch, Gresham

Int: Jones, Byrnes, McKenzie, Bytel

Sandy 22:
B: Webster, Joyce, Allison
HB: Coffield, Battle, Connolly
C: Wanganeen-Milera, Ross, Owens
HF: Kent, Sharman, Long
F: Heath, Wood, Geary
R: Campbell, Windhager, Hayes

I really wanted to fit the GOAT Sharman in the starting 22 but couldn't find a spot.
You could replace Hanners with Toot Toot, Billings gets his spot on the pine and the Goat Sharman, takes Billings HFF spot😊

You could replace Hanners with Toot Toot, Billings gets his spot on the pine and the Goat Sharman, takes Billings HFF spot😊

B: Coffield Howard Wilkie
HB: Webster Marshall Sinclair
C: Hill Steele Clark
HF: Membrey Sharman Higgins
FF: Butler King Gresham

Foll: Ryder, Crouch, Jones
Int: Brynes, Ross, Paton, Bytel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Int: Brynes, Highmore, Paton, Bytel
Thats a good team, noice choice of Marshall at CHB.
How about Ross out for Highmore, more coverage down back could be the go, and there is a noticeable absence of the D🚆 (toot toot)

Last edited:

Int: Brynes, Ross, Paton, Bytel
Like the idea of trying Marshall as a chb. Believe he did spend some time there prior to recruitment. Billings in for someone tho and I prefer Coff on the flank and JWeb deeper

Thats a good team, noice choice of Marshall at CHB.
How about Ross out for Highmore, more coverage down back could be the go, and there is a noticeable absence of the D🚆 (toot toot)
Yes..
actually Webster for Highmore..
Ross..Billings?
Maybe Ross stays, but Billings in for Bytel

Assuming everyone is "match" ready, the only spot really in doubt is as always - CHB.

They may opt to give Paton and Gresh a run at Sandy to start them off - clearly will depend on how they are travelling fitness wise. If so then Webster comes in for Paton and (one of Byrnes, Hannebery, Bytel, Owens, Windy NWM ??????) to come in for Gresh.

Can't see any of the ones I've named at CHB getting a game if they aren't named chb.

B: Paton Howard Wilkie
HB: Coffield (Battle/Highmore/Allison/Joyce) Sinclair
C: Hill Steele McKenzie
HF: Gresham Membrey Billings
FF: Butler King Marshall

Int: Clark, Higgins, Ross, Sharman.

Fully fit, We would have competition for a few spots in the starting 18.

2x HB (CHB & Med Def) spots to be competed for by Coffield, Highmore, Webster, Battle
1x Wing - Hanners, Clark, Ross, Wood, DMac, Connolly
3x Small Fwds - Billings, Higgins, Gresh, Butler, Byrnes, Kent, Long

Obviously a few of those will end up on the bench but still going to have a number of them miss out.
Not to mention players like Bytel and Sharman who may not be starting 18 but are eyeing off a spot in the 22.

In Reality as I dont think everyone will be ready to go

B: Webster, Howard, Wilkie
HB: Coffield, Highmore, Sinclair
C: Hill, Steele, Clark
HF: Billings, Membrey, Higgins
F: Marshall, King, Butler
R: Ryder, Crouch, Jones
I: Ross, Byrnes, DMac, Wood
S: Long

Fully fit, We would have competition for a few spots in the starting 18.

2x HB (CHB & Med Def) spots to be competed for by Coffield, Highmore, Webster, Battle
1x Wing - Hanners, Clark, Ross, Wood, DMac, Connolly
3x Small Fwds - Billings, Higgins, Gresh, Butler, Byrnes, Kent, Long

Obviously a few of those will end up on the bench but still going to have a number of them miss out.
Not to mention players like Bytel and Sharman who may not be starting 18 but are eyeing off a spot in the 22.

In Reality as I dont think everyone will be ready to go

B: Webster, Howard, Wilkie
HB: Coffield, Highmore, Sinclair
C: Hill, Steele, Clark
HF: Billings, Membrey, Higgins
F: Marshall, King, Butler
R: Ryder, Crouch, Jones
I: Ross, Byrnes, DMac, Wood
S: Long
Decent side isn't it, without being spectacular.
Like for like. For mine .
Sharman for Wood
Paton for Webster down the track.
Bytel for DMac

The 3 changes I've done I've gone for youth as we have enough experience in the side. But certainly your ins I have no issue with.

Cautiously optimistic :thumbsu:

Decent side isn't it, without being spectacular.
Like for like. For mine .
Sharman for Wood
Paton for Webster down the track.
Bytel for DMac

The 3 changes I've done I've gone for youth as we have enough experience in the side. But certainly your ins I have no issue with.

Cautiously optimistic :thumbsu:
Would be happy for those changes to occur based on solid pre-seasons.
In fact would actually prefer that to be the case but based mine around what I expect and assume Paton will take a bit of time to get back to full contact, Sharman will be doing his first preseason so not sure how he will adapt and not sure Bytel will get a game with all of Steele/Crouch/Clark/Jones/Ross/Gresh

Would be happy for those changes to occur based on solid pre-seasons.
In fact would actually prefer that to be the case but based mine around what I expect and assume Paton will take a bit of time to get back to full contact, Sharman will be doing his first preseason so not sure how he will adapt and not sure Bytel will get a game with all of Steele/Crouch/Clark/Jones/Ross/Gresh

Rumours are that he's flying apparently. Might not be as slow to build up as we expect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back