Prediction Round 1 2022 Team

If you captured 2017 and 2018 and included players traded in, you have: Ming, Bing, Bytel*, Clark, Coff, Snaggs, #11.

Effectively 1x FRDP per year over 7 years except that 2 of them are hand selected.

That in itself isn't amazing but it demonstrates we've kept pace with talent intake whilst doing a 3/4 rebuild in 3 or 4 seasons.
We shouldn't underestimate what is some amazing list work. Some just can't see the forest for the trees right now.

I'd say it's too early to tell if it's a forrest or a line of trees.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Exactly. Most clubs would have 1 or 2 first round picks and 1 or 2 seconds as well.

We got:
1x 2nd (effectively)
1x 3rd
1x 4th
1x MSD

And Coops just misses out. It'll be a vastly better group post the rookie draft.
Yes the draft picks are the obvious reason behind us having such a poor list of 18-20 year olds.

We really need to hit this draft hard and nail our picks before it becomes a huge issue. We don't want a big age gap between all our talent IMO.

Aug 28, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Coventry City
Webster Howard Paton
Wilkie Highmore Sinclair
Hill Jones Hannebery
Gresham Membrey Higgins
Butler King Marshall
Ryder Steele Crouch

Ross McKenzie Clark Battle

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 27, 2012
Behind You
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Webster, Howard, Wilkie
Sinclair, Highmore, Coffield
Billings, Steele, Hill
Higgins, Membrey, Butler
Marshall, King, Gresham
Ryder, Crouch, Jones
Clark, Ross, Wood, Byrnes

I dont expect to see Hanners, Battle or Paton in Rd.1 but barring injury would expect to see them appearing toward Rd.5
Wood is my outsider to get a gig (assuming his back is fine). Was looking good prior to injury and provides that taller option leading up the ground allowing Membrey to stay deeper.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Webster Howard Wilkie
Coffield Battle Highmore
Hill Steele Billings
Gresham Marshall Higgins
Membrey King Butler
Ryder Crouch Jones
Sinclair Clark Ross Sharman
I think this is about right and it's good to see you've left Hanners out, but looking at it I'm disappointed Byrnes and/or Bytel are missing and Dmac is very stiff.
Hopefully we move past Ross and Ryder by years end.

Savage Kent

All Australian
Aug 1, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
B: Paton, Wilkie, Highmore
HB: Coffield, Howard, Sinclair
C: Hill, Steele, Clark
HF: Gresham, Marshall, Higgins
F: Membrey, King, Butler
R: Ryder, Crouch, Jones

IC: Billings, Byrnes, Bytel, McKenzie

I'm assuming that Hanners will continue his bad run with injuries.

Looking at our options I've come to the conclusion that while I'd like to see us draft a mid, any of the options likely available at our pick can fill needs, so won't be disappointed if we pick any of Sonsie, Sinn Rachele or Gibcus.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
I really wanted to have Byrnes and Bytel in my 22 but I just couldn't find a spot for either.

There is a fair argument that Webster deserves his spot after a solid year but I think if Paton comes back well his best is too good not to have in there.

I've got Battle starting at CHB but that's the most obvious spot up for grabs. Maybe we find a state league key defender, maybe Joyce can come on or maybe none of the choices we have are good enough and we are forced to stick with Wilkie as an under sized key defender or we try Highmore in that role.

Wilkie - Howard - Paton
Highmore - Battle - Sinclair
Hill - Steele - Billings
Higgins - Membrey - Gresham
Butler - King - Marshall

Ryder - Crouch - Clark

Jones, Coffield, Sharman, Ross

Emg: Bytel, Byrnes, Hannebery, McKenzie

I really wanted to have Byrnes and Bytel in my 22 but I just couldn't find a spot for either.

There is a fair argument that Webster deserves his spot after a solid year but I think if Paton comes back well his best is too good not to have in there.

I've got Battle starting at CHB but that's the most obvious spot up for grabs. Maybe we find a state league key defender, maybe Joyce can come on or maybe none of the choices we have are good enough and we are forced to stick with Wilkie as an under sized key defender or we try Highmore in that role.

Wilkie - Howard - Paton
Highmore - Battle - Sinclair
Hill - Steele - Billings
Higgins - Membrey - Gresham
Butler - King - Marshall

Ryder - Crouch - Clark

Jones, Coffield, Sharman, Ross

Emg: Bytel, Byrnes, Hannebery, McKenzie

And they usually like to play the high picked kid for round one if he's got any kind of upside. There are going to be a few unlucky players this year.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
FB: Paton Howard Wilkie
HB: Sinclair Highmore Coffield
C: Billings Steele Hill
HF: Higgins Membrey Gresham
FF: Butler King Marshall
R: Ryder Crouch Jones
I/C: Webster Clark Ross Hannebery

Byrnes the next in line given Hannebery ever being fit seems unlikely.

Jack Green

All Australian
Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
FB: Paton Howard Wilkie
HB: Sinclair Highmore Coffield
C: Billings Steele Hill
HF: Higgins Membrey Gresham
FF: Butler King Marshall
R: Ryder Crouch Jones
I/C: Webster Clark Ross Hannebery

Byrnes the next in line given Hannebery ever being fit seems unlikely.
Like this side with one exception. From what I saw late last year a 21 year old Cooper Sharman is a lock for Round 1. Personally have him ahead of either Hanneberry or Ross but I suppose it comes down to team balance .

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Like this side with one exception. From what I saw late last year a 21 year old Cooper Sharman is a lock for Round 1. Personally have him ahead of either Hanneberry or Ross but I suppose it comes down to team balance .
I dont think 4 key forwards can play in 1 side. King, Marshall and Membrey are all picked ahead of Sharman.

Back