Preview Round 1, 2022 v The Western™️ (TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

In theory the only thing stopping the GF side from playing together is injury. No one has been dropped from what I can tell, and presumably they would have played the same side of available. The record lives on, but I wonder if they’ll all be fit at some stage later in the season.

So May -> Naughton, Schache -> Lever, and Smith on the resting ruck? Can't say I love the prospect of Smith on 207cm English. It's the first Crazy Goody TM of the year, but it brought us a flag so eh.

Hunt, smith and jordon in
To clarify, my sad face was the hunt and smith part.

I knew in advance that smith was coming in though. Goodwin pretty much gave that one away in his presser.

Also, what do I know? Jack s**t compared to the coaches and selection committee.

Okay so I’ve cheered myself up writing this post

throw up team america GIF

Without Petty/Tomlinson it just doesn't allow Lever to play his usual role. We look very thin in regards to small defenders too without Hibberd/Rivers. Look for Weightman, Vandemeer, Smith, Treloar, Johannisen to kick some goals. Our midfield has to be very dominant tomorrow night. Gawn/Jackson combo key. If Dogs can even out the ruck we're in trouble with that backline.

Reconsidering my tip of 100pt win to the Dees. Downgrading it to a 10 goal win to the Dees. Just ease our way into the season..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* me I never dream about footy and last night I dreamt we started the season 0-3 and lost the third game by 80 points. I ******* know why now.

That's as close to Jones, Bail, Nicholson as it gets

Also on Gus and Gawny
Jack Viney said he asked the coaches before the granny if he could come in off the square at the centre bounce to set the tone, said he was happy to deviate off the line of the ball if he had to haha. Apparently went to the coaches and asked if they were allright if he got suspended a couple weeks and they said nup haha.

Why did I ever critisize this man I love him.

That’s a man who understands the magnitude of the moment.
You should have seen him when he started, in either his first or second season he knocked 2 blokes unconscious against GC just running head first at the ball and going head to head with em. The coaches had to retrain him how to attack the ball cause he played like he was wearing NFL padding and a helmet. He was a psycho

I watched the sound the alarm doco, soooo is anyone gonna bring up that Goody told the players to just belt the ball forward from stoppages and then all the players essentially ignored that and ran the ball out of stoppages lol
Seems like the players took ownership more so than any brilliant coaching

I watched the sound the alarm doco, soooo is anyone gonna bring up that Goody told the players to just belt the ball forward from stoppages and then all the players essentially ignored that and ran the ball out of stoppages lol
Seems like the players took ownership more so than any brilliant coaching

The AFL should have mic'd up Chocco so we could hear the real instructions. :moustache:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back