Preview Round 1, 2022 v The Western™️ (TBC)

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Cody Weightman is the sort of guy that would play for a high free in a drunken pub brawl.

The point is that the only reason we’re in a position that anyone might make up a story like this is because we humiliated them in the GF. That’s the thing that matters. Fake or not, the story is simply a vessel for the schadenfreude on top, like carrot sticks are vessels for hummus.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
RE the so called nearly night club whatever , in a world where people seem to have their phone/cameras ready to film , is there any footage , any names mentioned ,any witnesses , anything ?

Bangkok Knights

Debutant
Jun 22, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
New report says it was dees + doggie style supporters who were drinking and
getting toey not the players.
Even so maybe not a good idea to have them playing R1. Imagine after unfurling the flag all the Melb players turned to the Dogs and gave them the middle finger while smiling.
Jesus...a fleet of ambulances would have to be sent.
Play Essendon or hawks r1.
More interesting. Love to belt either one.
Full house against the druggy cult.

New report says it was dees + doggie style supporters who were drinking and
getting toey not the players.
Even so maybe not a good idea to have them playing R1. Imagine after unfurling the flag all the Melb players turned to the Dogs and gave them the middle finger while smiling.
Jesus...a fleet of ambulances would have to be sent.
Play Essendon or hawks r1.
More interesting. Love to belt either one.
Full house against the druggy cult.

Could just charge them afterwards like the 2004 Cairns GF

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2012
Block 123
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, FC St. Pauli
Sick of hearing about Cerra & Carlton.
Spoiled kid wants the world at his feet right now.Typical of millenials.
Love to see Viney run straight through him early in the season and carried off feet first.

I would also love to see this pls thx

Bangkok Knights

Debutant
Jun 22, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Broke May's jaw apparently.. Career terminated. Obviously Hawthorn couldnt control him. Why recruit him in the first place with all the red lights flashing.
If the Suns flop again in '22 AFL will have to step in. Sick of these rugby state fake clubs.

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Didn't Brown get the arse from the Suns for punching Maysie at a nightclub?

Broke May's jaw apparently.. Career terminated. Obviously Hawthorn couldnt control him. Why recruit him in the first place with all the red lights flashing.
If the Suns flop again in '22 AFL will have to step in. Sick of these rugby state fake clubs.

At a Nightclub where Rhianna was at

Apparently the group wanted to leave except for May. Brown thought it was his duty to basically man handle May out the door before giving him one flush to the jaw.

Heard stories of him at Hawthorn ripping everyone off when it came down to End of Season trips.

Surprised he is in the media tbh

Bangkok Knights

Debutant
Jun 22, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
At a Nightclub where Rhianna was at

Apparently the group wanted to leave except for May. Brown thought it was his duty to basically man handle May out the door before giving him one flush to the jaw.

Heard stories of him at Hawthorn ripping everyone off when it came down to End of Season trips.

Surprised he is in the media tbh

If he was ripping off teammates that would be a great CV for working in the media!
TV/ media full of the most over rated overpaid slime bags going around.
They have media award nights judged by the media to tell us how great they are.
Deuche bags.

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
If he was ripping off teammates that would be a great CV for working in the media!
TV/ media full of the most over rated overpaid slime bags going around.
They have media award nights judged by the media to tell us how great they are.
Deuche bags.

I heard from a Premiership Hawk about his antics with $$$

Would throw $$$ on horses from the EOS trips and keep the winnings

AFL considering playing this on…the Wednesday night as the season opener?

Surely this is going to torch the crowd numbers. I know the AFL only cares about TV audiences but it’s going to diminish the party for us.

AFL considering playing this on…the Wednesday night as the season opener?

Surely this is going to torch the crowd numbers. I know the AFL only cares about TV audiences but it’s going to diminish the party for us.
At that point just give us the Thursday. Only reason Carlton and Richmond do the Thursday is so they can kick off the season.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Probably in the minority but I hate midweek/Thursday night games. Give us Friday or Saturday please.
What I hate most is that when I watch the footy I feel like it’s Friday. So I wake up disappointed to find I have to crawl into work

Bangkok Knights

Debutant
Jun 22, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mid week is a stupid idea. Typical AFL to try and re invent the wheel.
How many would turn up mid week especially if we're playing Footscray who dont have a huge following. Maybe 50K ?

Melbourne v Essendon Friday night blockbuster
Why complicate everything FFS

KAYNE

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2007
Big White
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
Mid week is a stupid idea. Typical AFL to try and re invent the wheel.
How many would turn up mid week especially if we're playing Footscray who dont have a huge following. Maybe 50K ?

Melbourne v Essendon Friday night blockbuster
Why complicate everything FFS

Yeah Wednesday is a horrible idea. Thursday night you can get away with as people are happy to cruise through Friday being the end of the week. Wednesday night is awful to attend. I like Thursday night games my team isnt playing as its good to watch Footy on the TV.

El Gringo

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’d just prefer to watch the Dees game ASAP, first game of the round/season sounds perfect and the Wednesday thing really doesn’t phase me.

It only annoys me if it’s the end of a round and it’s a Monday or Tuesday game, those are the worst.

Back