FB : Hinge - Butts - Doedee
HB : Smith - McAsey - Jones
C : Dawson - Crouch - Seedsman
HF : Sloane - Thilthorpe - Keays
FF : Murray - Fogarty - Pedlar
Foll : O'Brian - Laird - Schoenberg
Int : Berry - Sholl - Milera - Cook
Sub : Hamill

Can’t wait for next year to start. Throw in pick 4 or if somehow the crows can pull a rabbit out of a hat and get JHF

McHenry - Fogarty - Pick 4
Keays - TT - Seedsman
Dawson - MCrouch - Cook
Smith - McAsey - Jones
Doodee - Butts - Brown

O'Brien - Schoenberg - Laird

Int Murray, Sloane, Berry, Milera,

If McAsey not up to it then Murray on the ground and Frampton or Himmleberg on the bench

F: Gollant - Thilthorpe - Keays
HF: McHenry - Fogerty - Sloane

C: Dawson - Crouch - Seedsman
R: O'Brien - Laird - Schoenberg

HB: Milera - McAsey - Smith
FB: Jones - Butts - Doedee

RES: Cook, Hately, Brown, Pedlar

EM: McAdam, Sholl, Berry and Worrall.

Plus pick 4 ...

Jones Butts Doedee
Smith Murray Milera?
Seedsman Laird Dawson
Sloane Thilthorpe Cook
McAdam Fogarty Gollant

ROB Schoenberg Keays

Berry McHenry Crouch Hinge/Pick 4(Callaghan)?

Milera is a watch. If his body isn't ready I would move Jones to half back and Brown to back pocket. Brown would likely be fighting for that spot with McPherson. Thilthorpe to give ROB a chop out in the Ruck when ROB needs a break.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks Sholl will struggle to be in the team as we have Dawson and Milera coming back?
I reckon Burgess could turn him in to an elite player.

Already has an appetite to run/work, does have good skills.

Now we have the smarts at the club to get him to work smarter and not burn out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Assuming all fit:

What I think we will pick

Jones Butts Brown
Doedee Murray Smith
Seedsman Crouch Dawson
Schoenberg Himmelberg Keays
McAdam Fogarty Thilthorpe

1R: ROB Laird Sloane

INT: McHenry Berry Cook Hamill

What I think we should pick:

Jones Butts McPherson
Doedee Murray Smith
Seedsman Crouch Dawson
Sloane Thilthorpe Cook
Rowe Fogarty McHenry

1R: ROB Laird Schoenberg

INT: Berry Hamill McAdam Keays

Really hoping to see improved Fitness for Rowe and McAdam, as well as the strength for Thilthorpe to play that key position. Sloane to half forward to provide extra leadership there. McPherson in - his kicking was excellent towards the end of the season.

FB : Brown - Butts - Doedee
HB : Smith - Murray - Milera
C : Dawson - Crouch - Seedsman
HF : McHenry - Thilthorpe - Schoenberg
FF : McAdam - Fogarty - Gollant
Foll : O'Brian - Laird - Keays
Int : Sloane - Sholl - Jones - Cook
Sub : Hamill
Unlucky : Berry - Murphy - Hinge - McPherson - Strachan - Worrell - Hately

Susp/Inj : Walker - Pedlar
Surely Pedlar is good for pre-season training?

B: Brown- Butts - Doedee
HB: Smith - Murray- Jones
C: Dawson - M.Crouch - Seedsman
HF: Sloane - Thilthorpe - Cook
F: McAdam- Fogarty - McHenry
R: O’Brien - Schoenberg- Laird
Int- Pedlar, Keays , Milera , Scholl,

Tex in the wings.
EMG: Berry, McAsey, Gollant, Rowe, Murphy, Hinge, McPherson, Strachan, Worrell, Hately

To be fair we have a very even list, especially from players #5 - 35... If someone loses form, someone can come in. Whoever has the best pre-season and earns that spot round 1 will have the inside running to keep their place for the rest of the year. I think it's clear that in the modern game we need to priorizite - great ball users, spread (ie. fitness/repeat efforts) and versatility (ie. if you can play midfield but also have a good impact forward of the ball etc. when resting you are more valuable, unless you are an elite elite full inside mid ala Mitchell, Oliver, Wines).

We have a lot of potential to be really good but I expect the same as this season, bit of inconsistency, but looks promising to see so many younger guys starting to get games into them. Still lacking that X Factor superstar which is why I think breaking the bank for JHF is/was a good move. I think how good a team we can become honestly rests on Fogarty to break out and be that star 2nd forward. For me Thilthorpe is a crown jewel and barring injury I can't see him not being at least a good player. I expect him to be our star forward going forward though, but if Fogarty becomes that player who can pinch hit midfield but also be an elite forward... it'll be game changing for our team.

So fully fit minus Tex. Davis re-signed to rookie and O'Connor moved to Rookie List and Butts and Strachan to Senior list.

Rookies Bolded

AFL
Pedlar Thilthorpe Sloane
Keays Fogarty McHenry
Dawson Crouch Seedsman
Hinge Murray Smith
Doedee Butts Milera

O'Brien
Laird
Schoenberg

Cook, Hamill, Jones, Sholl, Pick 4

SANFL
McAdam Himmelberg Murphy
Rowe McAsey Gollant
Davis O'Connor Newchurch
Parnell Borlase
Worrell
Brown Frampton McPherson

Strachan
Hately
Pick 33

Leadership Player
Rookie Pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one who thinks Sholl will struggle to be in the team as we have Dawson and Milera coming back?
Could benefit from a positional change. Into the forward line maybe. Smith, Dawson, Seedsman and Milera will take the wings and back flanks. Jones, Hamill, Hinge, Brown and McPherson fighting for spots back there also.

I reckon Burgess could turn him in to an elite player.

Already has an appetite to run/work, does have good skills.

Now we have the smarts at the club to get him to work smarter and not burn out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

He really wasn't far from that mark coming into round 10-11 this year. Seems a pretty safe bet to reach those elite heights at the moment, seeing he was at the borderline for a while in his 2nd year. It's likely just one or two more preseasons and learning when to stop that'll do it.

After all, he was at a line of 21.5 disp/5.2 marks/3.7 I50s/2.9 R50s/74% DE/3.9 SI/372 mg which is certainly an excellent base to push into the elite outside mids in those first two months (before burnout). For reference, the guy we just spent a first round pick produced: 22.3 disp/5.5 marks/3.0 I50s/4.9 R50s/78% DE/4.2 SI/463 mg which is certainly on the borderline, if not there for an outside midfielder in 2021 just to show Sholl was close at such a young point in his career. Of course, the 2nd half is rougher, but burnout sucks.

There are certainly more people than you who are overreacting to a 3rd year player being burnt out, and a player who is coming back from 2 LTIs in a row. Especially one who plays a style that really takes 4-5 years to nail down the fitness needed to excel (going off the timeline for a very similar player in Ed Langdon).

Last edited:
Pedlar the forgotten man it seems. Can’t wait for him to get his body right. He’ll be one of the first picked. So pumped to see Peds and guys like Cook and Thilly with a D Burgess preseason or two behind them.

I think we might have to be a bit patient with him, especially with him having a substantial injury history.

The question will be is he better off staying in the SANFL and getting wholesale midfield minutes or playing in the AFL side in the "graveyard" defensive half forward role?

Berry is in a similar boat. Even Schoenberg might get shuffled out of the midfield if we are stupid enough to only play the four senior guys in there.

So Ben Davis is looking likely to get another 1 year deal?

I think we might have to be a bit patient with him, especially with him having a substantial injury history.

The question will be is he better off staying in the SANFL and getting wholesale midfield minutes or playing in the AFL side in the "graveyard" defensive half forward role?

Berry is in a similar boat. Even Schoenberg might get shuffled out of the midfield if we are stupid enough to only play the four senior guys in there.
Schoenberg is a lock for mid all year imo. I think he can go close to top 3 in our b & f. Berry should play a bit more in there as well I think.

Schoenberg is a lock for mid all year imo. I think he can go close to top 3 in our b & f. Berry should play a bit more in there as well I think.
I just want to see Berry get more midfield time in general next year. Needs to further develop his craft. Don't really care whether it's at AFL or SANFL level

Playing him as a defensive forward has its merits, but doing it as much as we did last year seemed like a bit of a strange move

I just want to see Berry get more midfield time in general next year. Needs to further develop his craft. Don't really care whether it's at AFL or SANFL level

Playing him as a defensive forward has its merits, but doing it as much as we did last year seemed like a bit of a strange move
Luke Pedlar is better than both! Still hoping they realise McHenry is a contested midfielder soon!

On RMX1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Season 2022. Time to move back up the ladder.

B: Hamill Butts Jones
HB: Smith Murray Doedee
C: Seedsman Laird Dawson
HF: Sloane Walker* McHenry
F: Gollant Fogarty Murphy
R: O'Brien Keays Schoenberg
I: Pedlar Cook Berry Thilthorpe

Reserves
B: Brown Borlase McPherson
HB: Worrell Frampton Hinge
C: Sholl M.Crouch Milera
HF: Newchurch Himmelberg* Davis
F: Rowe McAsey McAdam
R: Strachan Hately Pick 4
I: O'Connor Parnell Pick 33 Pick 75

*Himmelberg to replace Walker for Round 1 due to suspension.

Season 2022. Time to move back up the ladder.

B: Hamill Butts Jones
HB: Smith Murray Doedee
C: Seedsman Laird Dawson
HF: Sloane Walker* McHenry
F: Gollant Fogarty Murphy
R: O'Brien Keays Schoenberg
I: Pedlar Cook Berry Thilthorpe

Reserves
B: Brown Borlase McPherson
HB: Worrell Frampton Hinge
C: Sholl M.Crouch Milera
HF: Newchurch Himmelberg* Davis
F: Rowe McAsey McAdam
R: Strachan Hately Pick 4
I: O'Connor Parnell Pick 33 Pick 75

*Himmelberg to replace Walker for Round 1 due to suspension.
Himmelburg is hot garbage and forever will be.. i’d rather see them experiment in the first 3 games with tex out and play strawnie as the second ruck/forward and actually give him some decent time in the ruck..

In those last two games this season against two of thebest rucks in the business he more than held his own..

I actually reacon he’s got more upside than ROB… ROB’s a clumbsy clutz that is really s**t at tapping to our midfielders advantage, often gets in their way and is a terrible kick of the football.. I love ROB’s heart and effort but i get “another stupid longterm contract decision” vibes from him..

play strawnie and after the first 3 rounds the better performer out of him and ROB holds their spot when tex comes back..

but yeah… *kn himmelburg can GAGF’d.. he’s s**t.

Back