B: Brown, Butts, Doedee
HB: Smith, Murray, Milera
C: Dawson, Laird, Seedsman
HF: McHenry, Fogarty, Schoenberg
F: McAdam, Thilthorpe, Gollant
R: ROB, Keays, Crouch
I/C: Sloane, Jones, Cook, Berry

Dawson and Seed on opposite wings 🤤

Ditto - bar Pedlar for Berry (and Walker replacing Gollant when the suspension is over)

Brown Butts Doedee
Jones Murray Smith

Seedsman Crouch Dawson

Cook Thilthorpe Milera
Mchenry Fogarty Sloane

ROB Keays Laird

Schoenberg Sholl Berry Pedlar

Something like this gives us flexibility we haven't had in a long time with all the HF's, wings and bench being able to play multiple positions.
Love the idea of having a set backline and multi position guys across the mids and fwds

From the AFC website ......

"Smith said he had been impressed by the young Crows’ off-season efforts.

“We had about 10 of us running this morning and a few of our young boys are going very, very nicely already, so it’s good signs,” he said.

“Harry Schoenberg, big Filthy (Riley Thilthorpe) and Chayce Jones were absolutely flying this morning, so us old guys were just trying to hold on.”

Happy about that news.

Lot of guys pushing for a spot in the 22, hopefully we have a relatively nice run injury wise as it should result in a lot of guys pushing to perform in the seconds to put heat on those in the first. be nice to give our selection committee some headaches as they haven't had too much to think about in the past couple of seasons.

FF: McAdam - Thilthorpe - Keays
HF: McHenry - Fogarty - Sloane

C: Seedsman - Crouch - Dawson
R: O'Brien - Laird - Schoenberg

HB: Milera - McAsey - Smith
FB: Jones - Butts - Doedee

Bench: Hamill, Brown, Sholl, Hately

Emergency: Berry, Murray, Pedlar, Gallant, Pick 4, Rowe, Cook.

This is assuming that M Crouch and Milera are back anywhere near healthy.

If Milera misses - Cook comes in. If Crouch misses - Berry comes in.

McAsey would have to have some kind of pre season to be named round one.

Its time and a make or break year for McAsey in my opinion.

Historically as a club we have done one thing brilliantly and that's produce KPP. I trust the club to develop these players.

He has now gone through 3 preseasons. Surely him and the club wouldn't have agreed to a 2 year extension in 2021 if he wasn't a key part of 2022 (especially after him not getting a single game for Adelaide in 2021).

Have a feeling he is gonna be a surprise packet next year.

FF: McAdam - Thilthorpe - Rowe
HF: McHenry - Himmelberg - Berry
C: Seedsman - Crouch - Sholl
HB: Smith - Doedee - Dawson
FB: Brown - Butts - Sloane

R: O'Brien - Schoenberg - Keays
I: Jones - Laird - Seedsman - Murhpy

Milera and Hamill to play 5+ injury free games in the SANFL then bring them in. No more foot injuries or concussions please.

I like Dawson and Sloane in defence as they are both decent overhead, compensating a little bit for going with a single true KPD.

I like a smaller forward line as we need more pressure to protect the smaller defence. I have Himmelberg for his contested marking and follow up at ground level, as we won't get many lace out passes from our current midfield group. Contingent on him rocking up to pre season day one in career best shape.

We have a decent young team coming together. Albeit lacking in any type of Ablett Hodge Martin Bontempelli Petracca star power that would have us as reliable flag contenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FF: McAdam - Thilthorpe - Rowe
HF: McHenry - Himmelberg - Berry
C: Seedsman - Crouch - Sholl
HB: Smith - Doedee - Dawson
FB: Brown - Butts - Sloane

R: O'Brien - Schoenberg - Keays
I: Jones - Laird - Seedsman - Murhpy

Milera and Hamill to play 5+ injury free games in the SANFL then bring them in. No more foot injuries or concussions please.

I like Dawson and Sloane in defence as they are both decent overhead, compensating a little bit for going with a single true KPD.

I like a smaller forward line as we need more pressure to protect the smaller defence. I have Himmelberg for his contested marking and follow up at ground level, as we won't get many lace out passes from our current midfield group. Contingent on him rocking up to pre season day one in career best shape.

We have a decent young team coming together. Albeit lacking in any type of Ablett Hodge Martin Bontempelli Petracca star power that would have us as reliable flag contenders.

The single KPD experiment was a disaster. No chance they go back to that, especially with Kelly gone.

FB: Jones / Butts / Brown
HB: Smith / McAsey / Doedee
C: Sloane / Schoenberg / Seedsman
HF: Milera / Fogarty / Murphy
FF: McAdam / Thilthorpe / Rowe
FOLL: ROB / Crouch / Laird

INT: Keays + Dawson, plus 2 of Berry / McHenry / McPherson / Sholl / Pedlar / Hamill / Hinge / Cook

FB: Doedee - Butts - Brown
HB: Jones - Frampton - Dawson
C: Seedsman - Keays - Smith
HF: Cook - Himmelberg - McHenry
FF: McAdam - Fogarty - Thilthorpe
FOLL: Strachan - Milera - Laird
INT: Sloane - Hamill - Schoenberg - Hinge

Further to my post above, which presents a possible round 1, 2022 line up, many of the following are worthy candidates to play senior footy with the Crows next year, which shows we do have some depth and players ready to be developed.

Berry; Pedlar; McCasey; Murphy; Crouch; Hately; Rowe; Scholl; McPerson; Gollant; ROB; Parnell; Murray; Newchurch; Worrell; Walker.

Additionally, the team I have named in the post above contains a fair bit of experience, and some who have only played a handful of games between them such as Strachan and Hinge have been in the system for a while now and are somewhat more mature age, so not exactly total novices!

Besides the team people think we will field.

Who will we play first up round one.

Me - Melbourne (MCG)

Also me - Bulldogs (Mars 'stadium')

Also also me - Cats (shithole park)

Bank on one of those.
I'd bank on the Dogs at Marvel.

Besides the team people think we will field.

Who will we play first up round one.

Me - Melbourne (MCG)

Also me - Bulldogs (Mars 'stadium')

Also also me - Cats (shithole park)

Bank on one of those.
Port. State borders to still be up due to COVID. Odds of that have to be at least better than 1:17…

Port. State borders to still be up due to COVID. Odds of that have to be at least better than 1:17…

State borders won’t be up come March other than possibly WA, who do their own thing.

The country will have well over 80% double vaccinated. Game will be back to normal with only proviso, if you are not fully vaccinated you can’t go to sporting events etc.

Back