Keays Fogarty Sloane
Dawson Pedlar Seedsman
Jones Murray Milera
Smith Butts Doedee

O'Brien
Schoenberg
Laird

Cook Hamill McHenry Sholl

The more I look at these round 1 teams the more I think we need to draft Josh Rachelle, to play that small forward role, it's quite obviously our biggest hole and we shouldn't be playing young Mids in that spot because it stalls development.

Even if we picked Hobbs or Goater (if we split our pick he's still an option to draft) there's no way they are making the round 1 team, Rachelle could slide straight in to the round 1 team as a small forward though.
That's good, because word is we are keen on him too!

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The more I look at these round 1 teams the more I think we need to draft Josh Rachelle, to play that small forward role, it's quite obviously our biggest hole and we shouldn't be playing young Mids in that spot because it stalls development.

Even if we picked Hobbs or Goater (if we split our pick he's still an option to draft) there's no way they are making the round 1 team, Rachelle could slide straight in to the round 1 team as a small forward though.
Dis-agree, Gun mid is the need. Slot Sloane to forward this year, test McAdam, Murphy and McHenry, then 2023 we will have Rankine. If they spend pick 4 on a small forward I will be majorly pissed off.

Dis-agree, Gun mid is the need. Slot Sloane to forward this year, test McAdam, Murphy and McHenry, then 2023 we will have Rankine. If they spend pick 4 on a small forward I will be majorly pissed off.
Rachelle is more than a small forward.

I'd rather trade down and get him too - but he's certainly more than just a small forward.

Rd 1 2022 - AFL

B: Brown - Butts - Doedee
HB: Smith - McAsey - Jones
C: Dawson - Keays - seedsman
HF: Cook - Fogarty - Sloane
FF: McAdam - Thilthorpe - McHenry

Ruck: O’Brien - Laird - Schoenberg

Interchange: Pedler - Gollant - M. Crouch - Hinge

SANFL

B: xxxxx - Borlase - Worrell
HB: Parnell - Frampton - McPherson
C: Sholl - Hate - Hamill
HF: Murphy - Murray - Milera
FF: Newchurch - Himmelberg - xxxxx

Ruck: Strachan - Berry - Rowe - xxxxx

Walker - suspended

Rd 1 2022 - AFL

SANFL

Walker - suspended

Assuming fit to play, there is nothing more certain than Sloane being at the opening bounce of our 2022. This was true b4 Crouch hit a snag and is even more true since. If Sloane is to go to half forward it won’t be until Crouch is back.

Assuming fit to play, there is nothing more certain than Sloane being at the opening bounce of our 2022. This was true b4 Crouch hit a snag and is even more true since. If Sloane is to go to half forward it won’t be until Crouch is back.

We get it, you hate Rory Sloane. You can stop acting like a broken record.

It is a round 1 selection prediction thread. Do you reckon Sloane won’t be playing midfield in round 1?
It's completely pointless getting into any discussion with you over Sloane.

It's completely pointless getting into any discussion with you over Sloane.

but you already did with your petty insult. and now backed against the wall refuse to provide an actual answer. Of course you don’t, you’re weak but you’re not stupid. He’ll start the year as a mid and possibly transition to rotating through half forward throughout the year. But at round 1, if fit, he’ll be playing in the midfield.

but you already did with your petty insult. and now backed against the wall refuse to provide an actual answer. Of course you don’t, you’re weak but you’re not stupid. He’ll start the year as a mid and possibly transition to rotating through half forward throughout the year. But at round 1, if fit, he’ll be playing in the midfield.
Imo most on this board are fed up with your repetitive attacks on Sloane.

This is my last discussion on this matter as I'm not going to participate in your games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rd 1 2022 - AFL

SANFL

Walker - suspended

I like this.

Personally, I think it's one of McAdam and Gollant, and the preseason will decide who gets first chance at it.

Hinge I'm unsure about for round one, but good work in proposing him.

I actually think they might pull the trigger on Sloane to a small forward role. Unfortunately he’s not in our best 22 as a pure mid and Schoenberg and Berry need to be there much more this year so if he is to play it really needs to be forward.
personally I would start by transitioning to Doedee as captain so that it gives us easier flexibility to not play Sloane every game and then give him the summer to compete with the other forwards for a starting spot.

Best 22 predictions could be off by 5 or 6 players as it stands right now due to draftee progress, injuries or big preseasons.

AFL

FB: Doedee ~ Butts ~ Brown
HB: Smith ~ McAsey ~ Jones
C: Dawson ~ Keays ~ Seedsman
R: O'Brien ~ Laird ~ Schoenberg
HF: Cook ~ Thilthorpe ~ Sloane
FF: McHenry ~ Fogarty ~ Gollant
B: Sholl ~ Pedlar ~ Berry ~ McPherson

SANFL

FB: Parnell ~ Borlase ~ Worrell
HB: Hinge ~ Murray ~ Hamill
C: Milera ~ Hately ~ XX
R: Strachan ~ XX ~ XX
HF: Murphy ~ Frampton ~ Newchurch
FF: Rowe ~ Himmelburg ~ McAdam
B: XX

Inj: Crouch
Suspended: Walker

Hinge I'm unsure about for round one, but good work in proposing him.

I think it all depends on his shoulder recovery, but IMO he plays as that 7th defender who can run.

I envision the culture of the team will turn into a running machine. If you can not we run and defend with pressure, they will find it hard to keep their place in the team.

We will become a team who runs the other team off their feet.

A couple of questions,

1. I have Dawson on the wing with his left foot on the outside, doesn't this make more sense?
  2. Why are all the line ups with the forward bottom of page? How many Vic supporters do we have on this page?

A couple of questions,

1. I have Dawson on the wing with his left foot on the outside, doesn't this make more sense?
  2. Why are all the line ups with the forward bottom of page? How many Vic supporters do we have on this page?
Ive always put them there, I'm not Victorian

Did you play footy? When the team was out to every Thursday it was the other way around, and when the magnets came out at half time the team listing was always the other way.

That's how I remember it, not to say you did.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes I played

Compare our Top 3 Centre Bounce attendee's to that of the top clubs

Melb ; Oliver, Petracca, Viney
Bulldogs: Macrae, Bontempelli, Libaratore
Brisbane : Lyons, Neale, Zorko

Sloane simply has to make way this year ......no ifs, or buts

1635228638222.png

Kinda depends who we draft, particularly if we move up to pick 2 to get Callaghan, there's no way he'll miss round 1 if we are that desperate to land him. But then where do you play him because our Two wings are set (Dawson Seedsman) our Midfield is set (Laird Keays Schoenberg Sloane) even the half forward line is set (Cook Thilthorpe McHenry)

Sloane is such a difficult decision, he's not good enough to be in the starting midfield when we have young guys we need to develop that we have to give opportunity in there, I really don't know where to put him and he's the bloody captain of the club.

Compare our Top 3 Centre Bounce attendee's to that of the top clubs

Melb ; Oliver, Petracca, Viney
Bulldogs: Macrae, Bontempelli, Libaratore
Brisbane : Lyons, Neale, Zorko

Sloane simply has to make way this year ......no ifs, or buts

View attachment 1268184

The saddest part of those Clubs you listed, was that we had Lyons and arguably we could have poached Neale given he left Freo for the Lions.

Its been our Achilles heel for some time now

Back