Preview Round 1 2022 - Adelaide vs Fremantle, March 20, 2022

How many wins for the Crows in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Berry and Sholl in for Hately and Worrell and it looks about right.
Nah, Hately should be a mile ahead of Berry if both are uninjured, and we need another defender on the bench.

I think all of the emergencies COULD be playing - I would just start the season with the players who I want to invest in.

FF: Gollant - Thilthorpe - Rachele
HF: McHenry - Fogerty - Sloane

C: Seedsman - Keays - Dawson
R: O'Brien - Laird - Schoenberg

HB: Brown - McAsey - Smith
FB: Jones - Butts - Doedee

RES: Cook, Hately, Pedlar, Worrall

Em: Sholl, Murray, McAdam, Berry

Not considered: Crouch, Milera, Tex

Murray off no pre-season was ahead of McAsey, but now Murray after an impressive 2021 and a full pre-season is suddenly behind him?

No chance.

FF: Gollant - Thilthorpe - Rachele
HF: McHenry - Fogerty - Sloane

R: O'Brien - Laird - Schoenberg

HB: Brown - McAsey - Smith
FB: Jones - Butts - Doedee

RES: Cook, Hately, Pedlar, Worrall

Em: Sholl, Murray, McAdam, Berry

Not considered: Crouch, Milera, Tex
My main worry is that our midfield aside from Dawson is exactly the same and we cannot forget we only won 7 games. I am just feeling concerned about that anyway. And while I do like ROB and he does work hard and all but he in my opinion a lot of his ruck work doesn't go to the advantage of our midfielders which makes it tougher.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

My main worry is that our midfield aside from Dawson is exactly the same and we cannot forget we only won 7 games. I am just feeling concerned about that anyway. And while I do like ROB and he does work hard and all but he in my opinion a lot of his ruck work doesn't go to the advantage of our midfielders which makes it tougher.

With Sloane out of the midfield we are already a lot better. Now the task of getting him out. I'm not worried about our midfield at all. It's forward mainly that concerns me. If ROB doesn't perform they will give Strachan a go I feel. ROB needs pressure from below.

With Sloane out of the midfield we are already a lot better. Now the task of getting him out. I'm not worried about our midfield at all. It's forward mainly that concerns me. If ROB doesn't perform they will give Strachan a go I feel. ROB needs pressure from below.
Yeah Sloane out of the midfield is something I reckon won't happen I got a feeling. I'm the opposite I reckon our forward line if it clicks won't be a problem. With ROB, I'd like us to look at Lukac with a later pick as he would be a good long term prospect for ruck.

B Jones - Butts - Doedee
HB Milera - Murray - Smith
C Seedsman - Schoenberg - Dawson
HF McHenry - Walker* - Cook
F McAdam - Thilthorpe - Fogarty
R O'Brien - Laird - Crouch

I Sloane - Keays - Sholl - Worrell

----

E Pedlar - Berry - Brown - Pick 4
E Hamill - McAsey - Rowe - McPherson

Depth: Murphy, Hinge, Himmelberg, Strachan, Hately, Frampton, Parnell, Borlase, Newchurch, Draftees

*suspended, replaced by Gollant

B Worrell - Butts - Doedee
HB Jones - Murray - Smith
HF McHenry - Walker* - Rachele

I Sloane - Keays - Sholl - Cook

----

E Milera - Pedlar - Berry - Brown

Depth: Murphy, Hinge, Himmelberg, Strachan, Hately, Frampton, Parnell, Borlase, Newchurch, Draftees

----

It's looking like a better team now, in their best form it's a top 8 team.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

our midfield is our biggest problem both in terms of quality of ball going forward and pressuring opposition movement between the arcs and out of stoppages. It's very difficult to genuinely assess the quality at the ends of the ground with a hacking forward midfield that can't defend for s**t.

If we don't deepen the rotation we'll be going nowhere fast.

----

I don't see us playing Thilthorpe as the second ruck early in the season. I reckon one of Billy or EH suits up early, especially with Tex out. When Tex returns in 4 or 5, it'll be very interesting, especially if the 3 have been going well and the structure delivering good results. Will we just dump a 4th key forward in thinking it'll be even better or will we see an unlucky player miss out to retain a working structure.

And even then, Billy overtook Murray late. Fish is 100:1 playing round 1 if all 4 are off unhindered preseasons.
No, Frampton didn't overtake Murray. We were trying different things.

Murray has a far bigger body of work than Frampton as a key defender & clearly in front.

The question is whether McAsey after another lreseason can force his way in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, Frampton didn't overtake Murray. We were trying different things.

Murray has a far bigger body of work than Frampton as a key defender & clearly in front.

The question is whether McAsey after another lreseason can force his way in.

That's pure assumption on your part. Stating it as fact is Vader level posting. We selected the side we thought gave us the best chance of winning 22 times in 2021 as we did for 17 games in 2020. There was no experimenting, just because we went poorly, doesn't mean it was deliberate strategy.

Now that the part of the draft relevant to this is over:

B Jones Butts Doedee
HB Smith Murray McPherson
C Dawson Keays Seedsman
HF McHenry Fogarty McAdam
F Rachele Thilthorpe Murphy
R O'Brien Laird Schoenberg

I Berry Frampton Sholl Sloane

Not exactly what I'd go with, but it's what I see happening, depends on how broken in the brain the club is come March. Not the remotest chance in the world that Milera will be fit for round 1, Crouch and Brown only a rounding error more likely.

Last edited:
That's pure assumption on your part. Stating it as fact is Vader level posting. We selected the side we thought gave us the best chance of winning 22 times in 2021 as we did for 17 games in 2020. There was no experimenting, just because we went poorly, doesn't mean it was deliberate strategy.
I'm willing to bet my assumption is more correct than yours & in no way will Billy be our CHB for most games, barring injury.

Murray is already well in front of Frampton imo.

AFL Round One

McAsey Thilthorpe Berry
Rachelle Fogarty Sloane
Dawson Keays Seedsman
Jones Murray Smith
Worrell Butts Doedee

O'Brien
Crouch
Laird

Pedlar Hamill Schoenberg McHenry Sholl

SANFL Round One Squad
Wright
Sharrad
McKenzie
Hall
Templeton
Smithson
Dudley NGA
Oloughlin NGA
Hately
Soligo
Taylor
Murphy
Cook
Brown
Hinge
Frampton
McAdam
Milera
Rowe
Himmelberg
Borlase
McPherson
Newchurch
Gollant
Strachan
Parnell

Walker - suspended

Last edited:
Firsts

Jones ~ Butts ~ Doedee
Smith ~ Murray ~ McPherson
Dawson ~ Crouch ~ Seedsman
O'Brien ~ Laird ~ Schoenberg
McHenry ~ Thilthorpe ~ Sloane
Rachele ~ Fogarty ~ Himmelburg
Berry ~ Keays ~ Sholl ~ Cook

Seconds

Brown ~ McAsey ~ Borlase
Parnell ~ Frampton ~ Hinge
Hamill ~ Pedlar ~ Milera
Strachan ~ Hately ~ Soligo
Rowe ~ Worrell ~ Newchurch
Murphy ~ McAdam ~ Gollant
Taylor ~ SSP train on ~ Rookie

Suspended: Walker

21 times.

Our North game was an brazen effort to tank... only countered by North being an utterly pathetic football club who dished up the most disgusting performance I can remember since Melbourne 2012 against Geelong.

FB: Jones Butts Doedee
HB: Smith Murray Laird
R: O'Brien Keays Schoenberg
C: Seedsman Crouch Dawson
HF: Cook Fogarty McHenry
FF: Murphy Thilthorpe Rachele

Int: Sloane Pedlar Berry Milera

Forward line really starting to take shape over the last 2 drafts.

B: Worrell - Butts - Doedee
HB: Jones - Murray - Smith
C: Seedsman - Schoenberg - Dawson
HF: McHenry - Fogarty - Sloane
F: McAdam - Thilthorpe - Rachele

R: O'Brien - Laird - Keays

I: Pedlar - Hately - Berry - Sholl - Mackay (just for old time's sake)

Walker suspended, Crouch, Milera still a few weeks away

Post draft update (brackets are who I'd sub if there isn't an urgent reason to make changes):

B: Brown - Butts - Doedee
HB: Smith - Murray - Jones
HF: McHenry - Thilthorpe - Cook
F: Rachele - Fogarty (Tex) - Gollant
R: ROB - Schoenberg - Laird
INT: Berry (Crouch)*- Worrell - Sholl - Sloane
Sub: Davis (year 2 of me suggesting we make a professional sub out of a no-hoper).

*I absolutely hate this decision, but I just can't see us leaving Crouch out.

Pedlar would be the next man in for me.

Post-draft:

B: Brown, Butts, Doedee
HB: Smith, Murray, Sloane
C: Dawson, Laird, Seedsman
HF: McHenry, Fogarty, Cook
F: Rachele, Thilthorpe, Gollant
R: ROB, Keays, Schoenberg
I/C: Crouch, Berry, Jones, Sholl

Walker comes in for Gollant or Fog, whoever performs the least in the first few rounds. If Milera is R1 fit, he comes in for Sholl

Worrell, McAdam, Hately, Hinge, Hamill, maybe even Soligo next men up

With all the new toy gift unwrapping on our draftees, I almost forgot we picked up Mr Jordan Dawson in the Trade period.....

Back