Women's Footy Round 1, 2022a - Brisbane Lions vs. Fremantle Dockers (AFLW)

Who were your five best players against Fremantle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Very strong team with nearly all available.

BRISBANE

B:
P.Monahan 11 S.Campbell 20
HB: B.Koenen - C 3 N.Grider 10 J.Ellenger 5
C: O.O'Dwyer 9 E.Bates 1 S.Conway 12
HF: C.Hodder 21 D.Davidson 14 R.Svarc 29
F: J.Wardlaw 30 G.Bodey 15
Foll: T.Hickie 2 C.Svarc 25 A.Anderson 18
I/C: L.Pullar 24 L.Postlethwaite 6 T.Smith 31 Z.Farquharson 22 I.Dawes 17
Emerg: L.Yoshida-Martin 19 D.Heslop 23 S.Webb 4

I am hoping Ellinger and Grider go to a new level this year, especially rebounding out of defence. They can become the dominant rebounding defensive pair in the game I think.

Hopefully the midfield becomes routinely dominant, with Orla rising to new heights with her game while Ally, Conway and Bates keep ticking along as elite midfielders. CSvarc shows signs she could be the Shai Bolton type of midfielder as well. We need to keep putting her into space and I doubt anyone can go with her.

Our forward line has potential to be hard to beat, especially if Wardlaw and Zimmy continue their development. Those two plus Dakota would be hard to match up on. The smalls need to really capitalise around them this season.

Hickie and the improvement from Taylor Smith last season suggest we have a solid ruck combination.

It feels like all the pieces are there and we just need to put it together on the field.

Hope we get up against one of the teams of 2021 - I have a good feeling about this year...

Doesn't look like the Fremantle team which had lot of firepower in 2021.

Gemma Houghton gone to Port
Duffy on inactive list (didn't play much in 2021 either I think)
Both Antonios missing

We should go well on home turf, Gabba game.

a beautiful day for football!

lets go Lions!

confident of a win, I hope we have some good accuracy. Some of the games so far have had some pretty bad accuracy, and I want a stress free win if possible ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little more composure is all that is really needed here. Work them over to create turnovers, find targets, forward pressure.

Back