Women's Footy Round 1, 2022a - Brisbane Lions vs. Fremantle Dockers (AFLW)

Who were your five best players against Fremantle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I encourage people to get to the games. A really pure footy experience.
I used to be pretty ambivalent to AFLW. Didn't hate it, supported the Lions, but didn't watch much more than the GFs.

A couple of years ago I watched a few more and while I was disappointed at the skill level, with dropped uncontested marks and shanked kicks, I enjoyed the pressure and desperation of the team.

Last season and this season - kicks hit targets. Players take marks, including some pretty courageous backing back into packs. Ball pick-up is cleaner. I really enjoyed them as just football watching. It helps that we're good - I don't know that I'd be so sanguine with some of the other clubs, but it's grown on me to the point that I'll go out of my way to watch the Lions (and my youngest is harassing me to go to Giants games now).

Last season and this season - kicks hit targets. Players take marks, including some pretty courageous backing back into packs. Ball pick-up is cleaner. I really enjoyed them as just football watching. It helps that we're good - I don't know that I'd be so sanguine with some of the other clubs, but it's grown on me to the point that I'll go out of my way to watch the Lions (and my youngest is harassing me to go to Giants games now).
I really want to be a GWS fan just because I'm a big fan of Cora. But man they are sometimes a mess to watch.

We're really lucky to be fans of the Lions. Solidly coached, a good pathway of skilled players coming through hopefully. Some early success will also give the fans something to stick around for as the league grows and goes through its growing pains.

Recorded the game as my niece was playing in her prelim at the same time (got knocked off) and have just had a chance to watch the replay.
One player who is very much improving season by season and is becoming quite handy is Jade Ellenger.
A real nuts and bolts player. Tough too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back