Unofficial Preview Round 1, 2023: Hawthorn v Essendon, MCG 3.20pm March 19th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you whinging about ?
I’ll have to pack the car & leave on the Thursday & wont be home til the following Wednesday

Get over your short little drive

Families with kids like to get them home and in bed on a school night.

I said I was 4 hours away and it may have come across as a moan but honestly, I don't mind.

If anything this time slot suits us, the kids fall asleep on the drive home.

Playing the dons at the mcg , I couldn't care less about the timing tbh.

You often hear about home ground advantage, we're starting to surely get a home time-slot advantage. We must know this slot better than most over the past 2-3 seasons.

Here’s a rundown of Hawthorn’s 2023 fixture

Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Monday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday

:$

Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Monday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday

It's the ones in September that'll be played during prime time :thumbsu:

Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Monday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday

Well, apart from the six day recovery period from rounds 5 to 6 we'll be able to get some consistency with our recovery and training programme.

Silver linings and all that.....

Another Sunday game.... I'll be there, but they're painful living over an hr away
Especially that time slot!!!! It doesn't benefit anyone. I Expect a crowd drop off 10k, opposed to a prime time slot.

Regardless I will be there!! Let's start the season strong! 🤞

mr burns GIF

Great matchup first up! Another side trying to fight it’s way back up the ladder on our home ground.

Putting aside the fact that it’s the Scum, there are some potentially juicy matchups:

Draper v Meek / Reeves
Wright v Blanck
Their overrated midfield vs our largely untried midfield
Their midsized and small forwards vs Sicily, CJ, Dimma and Scrim

Could be a large, expectation building win where our young pups run all over them or a disheartening loss that has everyone writing us off.

This is the sort of game we need to win if we want to start climbing back towards the top 8.

Great matchup first up! Another side trying to fight it’s way back up the ladder on our home ground.

Putting aside the fact that it’s the Scum, there are some potentially juicy matchups:

Draper v Meek / Reeves
Draper's going to be bald by the time Meek finishes with him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draper v Meek / Reeves
Wright v Blanck

Could be a large, expectation building win where our young pups run all over them or a disheartening loss that has everyone writing us off.

This is the sort of game we need to win if we want to start climbing back towards the top 8.
CJ on Package would be a treat.

Hoping they pick that spud Weideman too. Sicily would destroy him.

Draper v Meek / Reeves
Wright v Blanck

We should beat them (comfortably) at both ends.

Our Defence should dominate their pathetic forwardline & we shouldn't have any issue transitioning out of defence.

In the early-to-mid parts of last season, we played through the middle at all costs (with no care for the result). This saw us blow a couple of sizable leads as opposition teams were able to flood the corridor & burn us on the rebound.

We're still very much in the building phase, so I see this (steadfast adherence to developing game plan, regardless the result) as our major threat; with, 'lack of team cohesion' as the 2md biggest threat.

Pricks have got a habit of being up and about when they play us, before turning it up later in the season.

We're going to need to turn up to play

Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Monday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday
Sunday

I would be wrapped if we actually had this draw. That way I get to watch my local club on a Saturday afternoon and then the Hawks on the Sunday, maybe a couple of double headers with Box Hill at City Oval before going to the G.

Not sure why people hate this as either the 1pm or 3.20pm Sunday are my favourite slots as that also give me a chance to get home on time. I guess there's not many country people on this forum.

Friday or Saturday night slots are the worst when you live in the country as you get home about 1am so I usually stay home and watch it on TV instead as my enthusiasm of standing on the Richmond platform for half an hour late at night when it is usually cold and/or wet is not great.

Brockman to kick 4, so looking forward to him returning to where he left off a couple of seasons back. The kid is a powerful and reliable goal kicker in the making, with the potential to mix it up in the midfield.

Difference maker imo, just needs time on the park (and with our club, not anyone back West).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back