Preview Round 1 2023: North v WC, at Marvel 1:45pm Saturday March 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else wake up excited/ nervous? Despite not expecting much this season and being full aware there is a long journey ahead of pain and shortcomings. I have nailed it down to the hope that maybe just maybe today is the day this proud football club restores some fight, respect and ultimately the will to compete and the light at the end of the tunnel is there come final siren today. Go North…… gee a win today would be massive for the club. Ps, I am a North member of 16 years, ignore the lions logo.

Anyone else wake up excited/ nervous? Despite not expecting much this season and being full aware there is a long journey ahead of pain and shortcomings. I have nailed it down to the hope that maybe just maybe today is the day this proud football club restores some fight, respect and ultimately the will to compete and the light at the end of the tunnel is there come final siren today. Go North…… gee a win today would be massive for the club. Ps, I am a North member of 16 years, ignore the lions logo.
I think my nerves are inversely proportional to ladder position. I'd be less nervous playing Geelong than West Coast.

That's fine but neither should Shiel, Greenwood or Ziebell be priorities. Goldy is also a much better footballer right now than any of those three.

I hate to break it to you, but your opinion doesn't influence team selections. It is what it is.

We've taken an unassailable 1 point lead at quarter time. There is no coming back from that by the Weagles. In all seriousness, the decision to play with just one ruck has already been exposed with X gone and subbed out. Comben in the ruck. WilPhil with an immediate impact with an assist for Larkey. Sheezel already showing that a star has been born.

Hearts to hearts and hands to hands, beneath the blue and white we stand.

We did everything to give the win away, but still managed to fall over the line.Thank God for that. I think I had about half a dozen heart attacks in the last quarter. Sheezel was unbelievable with I think 34 possessions. Plenty of positives to be taken from the game, but some of the structures crumbled under pressure over the last quarter and a half. No doubt Clarko and his staff will work on that.

Just arrived home after the close game at Marvel. Its a much more pleasant drive after a win. Going to settle in for the evening and enjoy catching up on all that there is post game that I can. Go North :blueheart:🤍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back