Analysis Round 1, 2023: Player Video Review vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Alesana

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I have a pretty efficient method of cutting up match vision so I've cut up each player's involvement in the match, it's not everything but it has their marking contests, defensive efforts, hard ball gets, ruck contests, tackles, smothers, disposals etc. I've basically included everything I thought was significant, the good and the bad, I haven't bothered with 15m uncontested marks in the backline, half tackles etc. I find it a helpful way to refresh your memory on how someone went if you don't recall the earlier parts of the match. Each 'involvement' is an 8 second clip so there is some overlap if someone has multiple stats in a short amount of time. I'm half expecting these to be taken down so if anyone knows a free site that won't take them down let me know and I may do this for the remaining matches if enough people want it.

1. Liam Ryan.

3. Andrew Gaff.

4. Dom Sheed.

5. Jayden Hunt.

7. Rueben Ginbey.

11. Tim Kelly.

12. Oscar Allen.

13. Luke Shuey.

Last edited:
14. Liam Duggan.

15. Jaimee Cripps.

18. Campbell Chesser.

20. Jeremy McGovern.

21. Jack Petruccelle. (sub)

23. Alex Witherden.

24. Xavier O'Neill.

25. Shannon Hurn.

Last edited:
27. Jack Darling.

28. Tom Cole.

31. Jamaine Jones.

32. Bailey Williams.

37. Tom Barrass.

40. Callum Jamieson.

44. Noah Long.

Last edited:

TB doesn't look like he's anywhere near responsible or involved in more than two of Larkeys goals. Had a really good game, actually. There was a two on two which got out the back and Gov slipped over, then that mark on the goal line that between TB and Williams they didn't kill. That's about it from what I saw.

Gaffs game about as I remember. Didn't really make mistakes but like Scotty Cummins said he calls for it when he's not the best option, and then sometimes fails to dish it back off as the play unfolds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was hoping someone would highlight Noah Longs game. You can kind of see him adjust to the pace of the game in each little clip.

That little tap to himself to keep the ball and evade the tackler was just terrific.

Thanks so much for sharing all of these- legend.

TB doesn't look like he's anywhere near responsible or involved in more than two of Larkeys goals. Had a really good game, actually. There was a two on two which got out the back and Gov slipped over, then that mark on the goal line that between TB and Williams they didn't kill. That's about it from what I saw.

Gaffs game about as I remember. Didn't really make mistakes but like Scotty Cummins said he calls for it when he's not the best option, and then sometimes fails to dish it back off as the play unfolds.
It pains me to say it cause Gaffs a player I’ve had a soft spot for ages but he sorta needs to be getting the Matt Crouch treatment. He’s always been a death by 1000 cuts but games slightly evolved since he was at his prime and he’s got slower as well

Yeah the six goals on TB line is flat out wrong. Wasn’t near Larkey for most of them, which can be a discussion in its own right, but when he’s getting goals because of turnovers in the middle of the park and he finds himself switched out the back on Witherden and co, what should TB do.

That was awesome, thanks!

Ryan had a really good game.

Chesser was absolutely shithouse. Kid needs to go to the WAFL to build his confidence.

The footage of Cole fumbling, then losing his feet under little pressure is hard to watch.

Also, incredible effort - thank you for the hard work!

The footage of Cole fumbling, then losing his feet under little pressure is hard to watch.

Also, incredible effort - thank you for the hard work!

A lot of our guys were super rusty on their skills under pressure, especially the fellas who missed most/all of last year. He'll be better for the run for sure.

Firefox is working for me
cupcake GIF

Video clips aren't opening - have they been taken down for violating copyright or something?

If you are on the phone app, hit the 3 dots in the top corner and change to web browser view. I always have this issue too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This was awesome viewing. Thanks very much.

Noah Long was so good. Frustrating he didn’t get rewarded for good tackling on a few occasions. Instead the north Melbourne players got frees when they dropped at the knees and drove forward drawing in the back frees. They have a bad habit of doing that. Wish that rule would be adjusted.

Also long set Gaff up with that long handball but Gaff held his width and didn’t cut into the ball. Would have been another shot on goal.

Anyway, really impressed with Long. He is going to be good to watch and will end up a fan fav for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Great work. Thanks for the effort. The highlights show how we came back and highlight some issues, but its was what players didn't do for a half that cost us the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back